PDA

View Full Version : two questions

Ramses
18-05-10, 13:48
I have the free version installed, yesterday I had ~ 200 spiders online spidering the translated pages and my server went over 10-30 and I had to disable the hack to get back a normal server load.
I'm on vb 3.8, can I expect the paid version will not overload my server as the free version is doing it?
Second, does the paid version translate hacks like vbadvanced cmps, vbadvanced links directory, photopost vbgallery?
If not, is there a way to disable the enterprise translator on that pages to avoid links going into nowhere?
What are the payment options (cc/banktransfer)?
It's saying "Free updates for one year" after that year I need to pay full again or is there an upgrade fee? That's important because 90$ isn't really cheap.
If I use the 3.x version can I simply upgrade to 4.x or do I need to pay again?
Thanks.

VGF
18-05-10, 15:14
of course i'm still waiting just to get my copy functional, but I have this same question as well.

I have a fairly large forum (over 500,000 posts) and would like to minimize load initially as much as possible once I have it installed properly.

I'd also like to sign up for that Google API thing for safety precautions...but don't know exactly where to sign up.

vBET
18-05-10, 17:20
Hi. Paid version of vBET has much better performance and you can expect that translation will be faster and server load lover. Cannot give you any specific numbers - those can go only by performance measurement on your specific forum, but can tell you that paid version has optimized cache, algorithms and additional performance parameters.
Paid version can be integrated with different plugins. I can tell for sure that photopost can be integrates, vbadvanced mods too - cannot tell does all of those but some for sure. Please see integration section for details.
Also paid version have special option to set URLs which will be ignored (no flags there, no translation tracking for links to those pages and automatic redirect if someone put language in URL from hand).
Actually we are supporting only Paypal payment option.
After your free updates expires it is enough to renew license and it is much cheaper. Actual renew price is $30 and in future we are planning that it's price will be around 1/3 of normal license price, but do not treat it as business obligation.
Buying vBET license you are buying license for vBET 3.x/4.x - there is no any additional fee for upgrade :)
If you have nay additional questions - please just ask. WE will gladly help you.

I have the free version installed, yesterday I had ~ 200 spiders online spidering the translated pages and my server went over 10-30 and I had to disable the hack to get back a normal server load.
I'm on vb 3.8, can I expect the paid version will not overload my server as the free version is doing it?
Second, does the paid version translate hacks like vbadvanced cmps, vbadvanced links directory, photopost vbgallery?
If not, is there a way to disable the enterprise translator on that pages to avoid links going into nowhere?
What are the payment options (cc/banktransfer)?
It's saying "Free updates for one year" after that year I need to pay full again or is there an upgrade fee? That's important because 90$ isn't really cheap.
If I use the 3.x version can I simply upgrade to 4.x or do I need to pay again?
Thanks.

Ramses
18-05-10, 19:08
Thanks Michal, soon I'll place my order.

VGF
18-05-10, 19:25
#1 Can I get the link to sign up to the Google API thing in the U.S. ? ( i'd rather be safe than sorry with Google )

#2 Also, any options to configure initially to lower server stress load on a large forum ? ( i'm already expecting it to hamper the server initially )

vBET
19-05-10, 15:56
#1 Can I get the link to sign up to the Google API thing in the U.S. ? ( i'd rather be safe than sorry with Google )

#2 Also, any options to configure initially to lower server stress load on a large forum ? ( i'm already expecting it to hamper the server initially )

#1 Google API thing in the U.S.?... If you mean Google API key then you have link in description of parameter in vBET options. It is:
Using an AJAX API Key - Google AJAX Search API - Google Code (http://code.google.com/intl/en/apis/ajaxsearch/key.html)

#2 Please see here for vBET and performance hints:
for vBET4.x http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html
for vBET4.x http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/243-vbet-performance.html

Subis
25-05-10, 03:37
Háaa if I account I nãI was able to install this versionãthe free vãri me ta hard.
Tiozinho that wanted me to sell the lynxçsaid that não there is more versãthe free to forehead.. ;):rolleyes:

vBET
25-05-10, 06:29
Háaa if I mind that I could not install this free version will ri me ta hard.
Tiozinho that wanted me to sell the license said that there is no more free version to the forehead.. ;):rolleyes:

If you have any issues during free version installation - just ask for support :) Please note that on this forum you will get support fast. If you ask for vBET support on vbulettin.org forum, then you can wait longer for it - it is not our official forum, so support there goes not so often, but still goes.
Please write in our free version section on this forum what it your issue and we will help you :)

Also please note that free version has no evaluation time - you can use it as long as you want, before you decide to buy better and faster one :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations made by vBET 4.10.1