PDA

View Full Version : Solved VB4.0.3 CMS Loop

Anthony Parsons
12-05-10, 06:20
When logged out only, trying to enter the CMS content using default vb mod_rewrite sends browsers into a loop, with the following error:

The web page at (won't allow me to post URL in the message) has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Tested this across Chrome, FF and IE8, same result on all, only the CMS and only when logged out.

As you could imagine, this is sending search engines into a little bit of an issue trying to spider in different languages. Forum and Blog when logged out are perfect.

Me or a bug?

trevis
12-05-10, 16:13
This also happens to me. The solution was to review my SEO settings (rewrite) [] s!

vBET
12-05-10, 17:52
Please give me your full .htaccess file and also URL to page where I can see it.

Anthony Parsons
13-05-10, 00:14
Thanks vBet... URL contained below.

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^ptsdforum\.org
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.ptsdforum.org/$1 [R=permanent,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*$
RewriteRule ^404\.shtml$ "http\:\/\/www\.ptsdforum\.org" [R=301,L]

#RULES for SEO translation links without any SEO engine (on raw vBulletin links)
#If you are using vB 'Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs' then put those rules JUST BEFORE vB rules
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|sq|ca|et|tl|gl|hi|id|lv|lt|mt|sl|uk|vi|cy|yi)/archive/index.php/(.*)?$ archive/index.php?/$2&language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ index.php?language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ $2?language=$1 [QSA]

#vBulletin Standard Rules
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# Forum
RewriteRule ^threads/.* showthread.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^forums/.* forumdisplay.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^members/.* member.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^blogs/.* blog.php [QSA]
ReWriteRule ^entries/.* entry.php [QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# MVC
RewriteRule ^(?:(.*?)(?:/|$))(.*|$)$ $1.php?r=$2 [QSA]

vBET
13-05-10, 18:29
Please see PM

trevis
13-05-10, 21:03
MichaƂ, you changed the htaccess? Could you share the modified htaccess?

Anthony Parsons
14-05-10, 06:01
He hasn't yet done so...

vBET
15-05-10, 00:44
He hasn't yet done so...

We found possible license violation on your forum and suspend support for your license till issue will be solved. You got PM about that and post here with information to look into PM.

trevis
18-05-10, 02:25
Michal, you've got my htaccess?

vBET
18-05-10, 17:25
I will go to PM in a moment.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1