PDA

View Full Version : How to keep the title of the forum in the original language?

trevis
04-05-10, 00:53
I would like some forums titles were not translated. This is possible? Tried the bbcode notranslate " " but it didn't work ... the bbcode appeared as part of the title.Sincerely, Trevis

vBET
04-05-10, 10:26
BBcode notranslate is only for messages. In templates just use not translated area - put your text between: <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA-->

trevis
06-05-10, 02:31
BBcode notranslate is only for messages. In templates just use not translated area - put your text between: <!--vBET_SNTA--> and
Perfect! Thank you! However in the title bar of the browser keeps showing the translation unwanted ... is how to fix that too?

vBET
06-05-10, 16:11
Perfect! Thank you! However in the title bar of the browser keeps showing the translation unwanted ... is how to fix that too?

Yes - use not translated area for page title - this will require changing lot of templates (find all with <title> and put $vboptions[bbtitle] inside of not translated area).

You can also try to add not translated area not into template but in vB configuration (not tested). If vB is not changing characters when printing forum name, then at the end in every place where your forum name is displayed it will be inside of not translated area.
Please note that we didn't test it and do not know, how it will affect the forum (i.e. emails are not parsed now so if it comes to email then it will stay there - please note that we plan to at least clean emails from our comments).

trevis
06-05-10, 18:08
Ok. I&apos;m trying to change only the FORUMDISPLAY, because it is only then that the translation of the title bothers me.

I found the following code:

<head>
{vb:raw headinclude}
<title>{vb:raw foruminfo.title_clean}</title>

but not where I understand you correctly include the
$vboptions[ bbtitle ].

Can you give an example?

Thank you.

---

I changed the <title>{vb: raw foruminfo. title_clean}</title> by <title>{vb:raw foruminfo.title}</title> FORUMDISPLAY in and it worked nice.

[]s!

vBET
06-05-10, 20:49
Sorry I gave you example from vB3.8 Great that you handled it :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1