PDA

View Full Version : Solved Compression error!

Taurus
03-05-10, 10:59
I think everything is installed correctly, but when this is enabled, I get this error on my homepage:

Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Can you please help!!

Taurus
03-05-10, 12:51
Also, even with the product disabled, my portal page is now just a blank page.

vBET
03-05-10, 13:36
If you have issue with vBET disabled it is not vBET fault.
Please note that if you are ufing vBSEO and disabled vBET by Admin CP then vBET is not disabled yet - because tou are still redirecting to vBET in .htaccess and still use vbet functions in 2 changed files of vBSEO.

First we have to determine does it is vBET fault. Please make sure that vBET is completly dissabled. If yes and issue still happens then vBET is not the cause.

Are you using vBSEO? What is the status when vBET is completly disabled (in Admin CP + htaccess rules + revoke changes in vBSEO)?

Taurus
03-05-10, 13:42
When completely disabled, as you described above also (I reverted all the changes) then everything is back to normal.
Yes I use VBSEO. When I enable this I get the "Compression" error, and my portal page is a blank page.

vBET
03-05-10, 14:09
OK so - we are sure now that it is related to vBET. Your issue is not standard one - so I would like to ask you about other mods which you are using. Do you have some mod for compression?

Next hint about blank page - please make sure that you have installed PHP modules: CURL and ICONV (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq.html#post8)

Please tell did you used translation SEO links? Did you add vBET rules to .htaccess? If yes - what is your forum URL? - does it use sub-directory in URL (in such case rules have to be modified as described in instructions)?

Please make copies of all files which you will change during installation and integration, and install whole product again from the begging. Please make sure that you fallow instructions precisely. If you want us to made installation for you you can buy installation service for $30: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/installation-service.php

Taurus
03-05-10, 14:12
O jeez man**********.I am going to pay for the installation now. I just want to know first when this will be done please. For I cannot afford to have my portal blank. Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate it.

vBET
03-05-10, 14:25
Please PM or mail access details so we will be able do made installation.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1