PDA

View Full Version : Solved Google mails to me

bhanuprasad1981
24-04-10, 20:37
Googlebot encountered problems while crawling your site Pdaapps (http://www.pdaapps.org/).

Googlebot encountered extremely large numbers of links on your site. This may indicate a problem with your site's URL structure. Googlebot may unnecessarily be crawling a large number of distinct URLs that point to identical or similar content, or crawling parts of your site that are not intended to be crawled by Googlebot. As a result Googlebot may consume much more bandwidth than necessary, or may be unable to completely index all of the content on your site.

More information about this issue :-

Googlebot encountered an extremely high number of URLs on your site - Webmaster Tools Help (http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=76401)

Here's a list of sample URLs with potential problems. However, this list may not include all problematic URLs on your site.

do i need to worry about anything ?

vBET
25-04-10, 00:26
Please:
1. Block irrelevant content by robots.txt (see here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html)
2. Check in webmaster tools unreachable links. And note us if it is some way related to vBET.
3. If you find on your forum some 'looped' links where you see several language codes in same link - note it to us.

PS.
You could also think about removing some outgoing links (like to norton, mcafee), also you have 5 advertisements banners on your main page (NOTE: this will will not helm in this issue, but definitively will be better for your SEO).

bhanuprasad1981
25-04-10, 07:08
ok here is what i did :-
1. already done
2. webmaster tools say only 8 links unreachable
3. could not understand

also i removed excess ads now only two banner ads,removed norton and mcafee links

any more suggestions ?

vBET
25-04-10, 19:57
About 3. If you find our somewhere on your forum links like /en/af/pl... - please note it to us. I write it just in case, because vBET shouldn't produce such links (it was corrected long, long time ago).

Mostly similar pages comes from calendar and member pages. You blocked it right now by robots.txt - think it should be enough. No more hints at this moment - lest check does Google will be happy ;)

bhanuprasad1981
28-04-10, 08:30
noooo my indexed urls down from 80k+ to 14k ,what is going on i am worried :( traffic is down too :(

vBET
29-04-10, 01:10
noooo my indexed urls down from 80k+ to 14k ,what is going on i am worried :( traffic is down too :(

You blocked pages by robot.txt - so everything is OK. Blocked pages are removed from index. And your traffic down is only the traffic which was produced by robots on pages which are blocked now :) So everything is like it should be. Robots do not crawl on not relevant pages (less fake traffic - better server performance :)) and not relevant pages are removed from index (less content duplication, more real content in index, better SEO, and lets hope finally PageRank will be improved :)).

It seems good for me :)

bhanuprasad1981
29-04-10, 05:44
robots.txt was in place past 3 months so that may not be issue :( genuine urls has dropped.

vBET
29-04-10, 22:25
robots.txt was in place past 3 months so that may not be issue :( genuine urls has dropped.

Sorry - I misunderstood one of our previous answers (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/622-google-mails-me.html#post2524) - I thought that you just changed robots.txt - that would be the cause of traffic change. Are you sure you didn't made recently changes in robots.txt - please check file modification date.

It still seems the cause of dissapearing pages from indexes. Plese note that Google is not changing its indexes immediatelly. And 2-3 months period for reaction to site changes are standard.

Are you able to determine which pages are dissapearing from index - as I expect those are pages blocked by robots.txt and you can be calm. So please determine what is dissapearing - maybe just happens what you asked for by blocking pages in robots.txt.

badawidollah
21-05-10, 12:44
i got this problem too..
the same problem we got
my index down from 134,000 to 128,000
and got email from google like yours

my sitemap generator not running this vbet

vBET
22-05-10, 23:14
i got this problem too..
the same problem we got
my index down from 134,000 to 128,000
and got email from google like yours

my sitemap generator not running this vbet

Did you fallowed instructions given in this thread? Please note that Google will see most of irrelevant pages as content duplication (i.e. member pages, callendar, etc..). That why it is vise to block it before Google will consider it this way. Please use robots.txt to block irrelevant content and note that number of indexed pages will down, because blocked pages will be removed from index what is expected and good.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations supported by vBET 4.10.1