PDA

View Full Version : Solved Problems with vBet (vBadvanced / Blank Pages)

contemptx
20-04-10, 15:50
Ok,

Im have some serious issues with installing this mod.

Im not a newbie when it comes to installing mods and I have written custom mods but this has broken something.

I have followed the guide over and read through the FAQ but cannot seem to find out why my site is no longer working correctly.

I installed the mod onto cardshare.tv

I have vBadvanced setup in root
.htaccess in /root redirecting from non-www to www

I have vbulletin installed into /forum

Im also running vbseo & sitemap

I edited the files and .htaccess as requested, the site then semmed to be working,

however I went to view a thread and I just get a blank page.

I also checked just going to www and I got a blank page.
I then put in the .htaccess edited into the /root .htaccess

this fixed the blank page, however when clicking translate, this worked but added forum into the url, although it didnt break anything it just seems a little odd?

I then enabled the flags on the forum, these show fine on /forum, but I had to copy the images folder to my /root and change the settings to custom and manually add the varible for this to show on the vbadvanced page.

so as you can see im having a few issues.
I also tried to disable the plugin to get the site working correctly but its still the same so I will have to go back and undo my edits.

I really hope that someone could shed some light on my issues as I have heard alot of good things about this mod and would really like to get using it.

contemptx
20-04-10, 16:55
OK,

After more tinkering I have managed to get the front page (vbadvanced) translating, the threads translating so most of the issues are fixed.

However the only thing although still a major issue.

Default Language works as it should

But

If you click translate on the homepage and then click forums, you are redirected to the homepage.

If you are on the forums index and you click translate, you are redirected to the homepage.

If you are on the forums index and goto a thread and click translate, you are redirected to the homepage.

But If you click a thread from the homepage (vbadvanced) it will translate.

This has to be an issue with the /root .htaccess settings, however I have tried editing them but then I just get a blank homepage.

contemptx
20-04-10, 17:38
This is my .htaccess located in /forum

# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
# to disable mod_rewrite functions.
# Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
# the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)

#RewriteBase /forum/

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.cardshare\.tv
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.cardshare.tv/forum/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

#RULES for SEO translation links with vBSEO (have to be included before all rules to vbseo.php)
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/ [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

contemptx
20-04-10, 18:02
I forgot to mention im using the following versions:

vBet: 3.3.2 (purchased today)
vBulletin: 3.8.0
vbSEO: 3.3.0

contemptx
20-04-10, 18:12
Woo Hoo! - Fixed.

It came down to the vBet Settings.

Removed: Forum directory: /forum
Set: Forum main domain: CardSharing Card Sharing Forum Servers CCcam Newcamd GBox Dreambox (http://www.cardshare.tv)

Now all seems to be running fine, I will monitor my sitemaps and see how things go.

contemptx
20-04-10, 22:16
Update:

sitemap has expanded by over 1.5million urls, will let you know how that gets on once the sitemap its submitted next.

I have just noticed a user posting, which seems a little odd?

Hello hello! - CardSharing Card Sharing Forum Servers CCcam Newcamd GBox Dreambox (http://www.cardshare.tv/forum/general-discussion/39669-hello-hello.html)

he is posting in english or so it seems, however its showing him posting non english and showing it translating into english?

hotslot
20-04-10, 23:02
dude I hope You get it figured out.. Does staff not respond around here?

vBET
21-04-10, 02:07
dude I hope You get it figured out.. Does staff not respond around here?

Please note that our product is used by clients from all around the world. We can have big time differences. If you want answer for your question just open any thread you want on this forum. Thanks :)

vBET
21-04-10, 02:15
Woo Hoo! - Fixed.

It came down to the vBet Settings.

Removed: Forum directory: /forum
Set: Forum main domain: CardSharing Card Sharing Forum Servers CCcam Newcamd GBox Dreambox (http://www.cardshare.tv)

Now all seems to be running fine, I will monitor my sitemaps and see how things go.

Glad you handled it. I see that our rules for vBET are wrong. Our instruction says that if your forum uses subdirectory in URL then you have to modify first 2 rules. You managed working it by changing other configurations to not advised, but still working - if you find everything is OK - just leave it as it is. If not then please contact us and we will help you with configuration :)

vBET
21-04-10, 02:21
I have just noticed a user posting, which seems a little odd?

Hello hello! - CardSharing Card Sharing Forum Servers CCcam Newcamd GBox Dreambox (http://www.cardshare.tv/forum/general-discussion/39669-hello-hello.html)

he is posting in english or so it seems, however its showing him posting non english and showing it translating into english?

Yes - there is lang bbcode used wrongly - just edit post and remove lang bbcode. Most probably this happed because user have wrong default language set in his User CP.

Please note that vBET have several possibilities how to mark message language:
- Manually by adding lang bbcode
- Automatically by setting user default language in User CP
- Automatically by automatic language detection (you must turn it on in Google options section)

On out forums we are using the last one, because it prevents against user wrong settings. In this strategy each time when new message comes Google is asked about it language and vBET automatically marks message language (if Google is sure enough - also configurable).

contemptx
21-04-10, 12:35
Homepage Translator = OK
cardshare.tv/tl/

However /forum shows like this:
cardshare.tv/tl/forum/

I would prefer to show like:
cardshare.tv/forum/tl/

But I cant seem to work out how to do this without breaking something.

Also when viewing a post it removed /forum/ totally.

e.g. cardshare.tv/tl/cccam-exchange-local/27526-lokal-sport-sky-alemanya-lahat-ng-hd-s.html

and this causes some images to not display correctly.

If you could help me correct this it would be much appreciated.

I noticed you said something about modifiying first 2 rules... Example?

Thanks

vBET
23-04-10, 03:24
OK so - you have wrong configuration.

Please configure main options appropriately. Set forum directory, blank domain (there is written to use it only when sub-domains are used), set appropriate rules for .htaccess in forum directory (you have example here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/97-vbseo-integration.html if you have troubles send your actual .htacces content and I will give you corrected one).

So this is the start - make forum translations working appropriately. When this is OK in whole line, then start integrating other parts - like pages outside forum which are supported by vB: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post54

Or vbadvanced integration. Here is link for vbadvanced dynamic: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/99-vbadvanced-dynamics-integration.html
Note that not all vbadvanced products integration is supported right now - so please be specific.

Please do the first part, then the others. You will not have it working in other way. Base is: forum translation is working. Then you are ready to integrate other parts.

We are here to help you :) So ask, give actual status and so on. If you feel like better that someone do it for you - jut buy http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/upgrade-service.php and we do it for you. Before you think about buing it - please just fallow EXACTLY all instructions - we will do just the same if you buy upgrade service, we will, just fallow the manual...

contemptx
23-04-10, 13:16
I have purchased an upgrade and hope to hear from you shortly.

I tried setting /forum and removing the domain and tried a number of other settings, however this caused the threads when translated to return the the homepage.

I assume this is due to the /root .htaccess & /forum .htaccess

vBET
23-04-10, 18:17
I have purchased an upgrade and hope to hear from you shortly.

I tried setting /forum and removing the domain and tried a number of other settings, however this caused the threads when translated to return the the homepage.

I assume this is due to the /root .htaccess & /forum .htaccess

We got one upgrade service without response with access data - we send mail with remaining. If it is yours please response :) We cannot made update without access ;)

vBET
24-04-10, 18:19
Solved :) One issue found with vBAdvanced CMPS integration - also solved and solution will be included in next release - so it will work without any changes.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
vBET 4.10.1 brings automatic translations