PDA

View Full Version : Fix for those of you running Tweet Poster

tavenger5
12-04-10, 19:25
I found that after upgrading to vBET 3.3.2 tweet poster stopped automatically updating. I was getting an error on the line that is added to functions_vbseo_createurl.php when manually running the tweet poster task.

Here's what you need to edit to get things working again... (or any mod that uses vbseo url's)

in functions_twitterposter.php AFTER

require_once(DIR . '/includes/functions_vbseo.php');

add

require_once(DIR . '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_vbseo.php');

re-upload the file

vBET
12-04-10, 21:43
Great :) We didn't think about it.

It will be better if you put:

require_once(DIR . '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_vbseo.php');
inside of vbseo file functions_vbseo_createurl.php - somewhere at the beginning. Thanks that all plugins using vBSEO URLs will work (also Sitemap Generator integration will be easier). Please check it - we will include it in integration instructions for nest release.

vBET
24-04-10, 20:02
It appears that there is one even better solution - because it will not require any additional files edition. We will add this require_once into init_startup hook. It will work for all plugins :) This will be included in next release.

vBET
08-05-10, 22:33
Fix included in vBET 3.3.3 :)

Simon Lloyd
07-10-10, 16:33
Is there a way to stop tweets from tweet poster being tweeted in the posters original language?

Really i need the tweets posted in english, does someone have an idea?

Regards,
SImon

vBET
10-10-10, 22:07
I do not know details how this mod works. Generally vBET allows to define texts which will not be translated. If it is included in template then you can just put it inside of not translated area so between <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA-->. In case of messages (so posts, PM etc.) you can use text inside of notranslate bbcode.

Please tell does it help.

Simon Lloyd
11-10-10, 02:38
Thanks Michal, but it doesn't help the tweet poster tweets (posts to twitter) automatically but tweets it in the language of the poster not the translated language.

here's one tweet in polish but should have been englsih http://twitter.com/thecodecagecom/status/26576603442 but it appears on my site as englsh http://bit.ly/cNJukU

vBET
11-10-10, 09:53
I do not understand how it works. Please explain. You display content of your forum on external application? Or the opposite? How the content is imported/exported?...

vBET
11-10-10, 09:56
Also as I see it is written in Polish (probably - cannot check other translations, because exceeded maximum number of viewed posts). Please just go there and click Edit on post - you will see what is real language there.

Simon Lloyd
11-10-10, 18:56
I do not understand how it works. Please explain. You display content of your forum on external application? Or the opposite? How the content is imported/exported?...The tweet poster is a mod at vbulletin.org (i can let you have the mod if you wish), when a post is made ON my forum then the post is TWEETED (sent to twitter) automatically by the mod, if another post is then made it will again get TWEETED.

In short the content isn't imported or exported really, it's actually sent as a post to Twitter.

Simon Lloyd
11-10-10, 18:57
Also as I see it is written in Polish (probably - cannot check other translations, because exceeded maximum number of viewed posts). Please just go there and click Edit on post - you will see what is real language there.

The post WAS originally made in Polish, the real language IS Polish and the untranslated text was sent to twitter.

Check your PM, i have sent the same access details that Kamil has been using so you don't see the maxed out threads notice :)

vBET
11-10-10, 20:46
Please make simple test. Write same message in Polish on translated page (to Polish). Then do it again, but this time write being on NOT translated page. Tell does is there any difference on content send to twitter for those 2 messages.

Simon Lloyd
12-10-10, 08:14
Sorry Michal i don't understand, and im not polish so i can't write in Polish :)

vBET
13-10-10, 11:18
You can - you already have such message just copy it :)

Simon Lloyd
13-10-10, 12:03
Right Michal, i have posted 2 posts both in polish, one using the polish flag (test post 1) and one using the english flag (test post 2) the both got tweeted as Polish you can see the tweets here The Code Cage (thecodecagecom) on Twitter (http://twitter.com/thecodecagecom) and the orginal posts here:
Test Post for translation1 - The Code Cage Forums (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/general-news-updates/208041-test-post-for-translation1.html)
Test post for translation 2 - The Code Cage Forums (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/general-news-updates/208042-test-post-for-translation-2-a.html)

I need them to be posted in English - is it possible?

vBET
14-10-10, 22:43
It seems that mod which sends posts to tweeter scrubs bbcodes from message. Please check it for some standard bbcodes - add message with bbcdes for bold, CODE, QUOTE. Do it and check how it looks in twitter.

If if is scrub from bbcode instead of evaluated, then we cannot do anything. bbcodes works only if evaluation is triggered and if they exists... In such case you can contact mod owner for twitter export and ask him for changes, or if it is allowed do changes in twitter mod code yourself.

Simon Lloyd
16-10-10, 12:28
Just checked with my VBA tags and they were stripped from the Tweet. Don't worry about it, it's not very important, i can live with it :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vBET 4.10.1