PDA

View Full Version : Banned for licence violation - Credit link!

Snake2
06-04-10, 21:52
What is the problem, as you are aware I told you your MOD is slow and causing me server problems so I am using other MOD on vBulletin until you release new version, that is why there is no credit link!

Please reinstate my account of email me on this email to fix this issue asap. I am a paying customer and do not appreciate being banned wrongly.

Snake is my username.

vBET
07-04-10, 11:13
Hello.

Please take our apologies for all inconveniences. We was trying to contact you in many forms, but our messages was ignored. Please keep in mind that the issue started months ago and now you account is blocked only because you stopped responding when you was suspected for license violation. Your account will be given back when situation will be clear. If you didn't violated our license you have nothing to worry about - we just have to confirm that.

As we wrote you before we checked your explanation about turned off vBET and we discovered that vBET is still used. Against your claim that you are using some other mod we still believe that it is vBET which is used on your forum. And we think that because output code generated by vBET is marked and we see our mark on your output HTML (which we have backed up in case of future investigation). Because your statement is against of what we see on your forum we still have right to SUSPECT license violation. To check it we have to see what is really going on ant that is why we want to ask you about access details to your Admin CP. You can create temporary account for that or change password to some temp, if you are aware about security issues. Perhaps we will need also FTP access, but now it Admin CP is enough.

Once again very sorry for suspended account and thanks that you started cooperating on this issue. We also want to solve issue asap, especially that it already takes lot of time. Please send asked data so we will be able to confirm your version, because as you already know your HTML output says something else.

Snake2
07-04-10, 14:15
No, you mis understood, at the time we were not using your mod, we were testing, right now we are but for some reason the credit link is not working, we cannot redownload as you banned us, we cannot buy branding free as you banned us. So how can we fix.

As yes, you did send emails but you have this forum setup so the email doesnt send when we get PM or reply to message, despite us enabling it in our control panel. So we were not notified of reply unless we logged in.

Either reinstate so we can buy branding free or download our product again or supply me with the code so i can add the link manually.

Thanks.

Snake2
07-04-10, 22:49
The link is back, there is no need to turn this into a drama. It was a mistake, its back, can we get along now.

vBET
07-04-10, 22:57
We understand your explanation. Still there was really serious suspicion about license violation which, as use of any software beyond its license approval, is also crime of software piracy. We do not say that it was committed, only that there is suspicion, your previous statements were different that what we noted on your forum and we have to check what really happens.
We are able to find out what is the reason of not visible credit link on your forum. That is why we ask you for your Admin CP access so we can determine it as violation or not. Hope that we can solve it between you and vBET team. If you are aware about security issues please create temporary password or temporary account.

Please note that we where contact you also by your own forum contact form. We really used any way of contact which we found, before blocking your account. As fast as it will be determined that the issue it is not license violation, you will get your account back with additional time for free upgrades - much bigger that time of blocking, to re-compensate you actual inconveniences.

Also we think that is not a public issue. So please contact us in this issue by mail or PM only. Of course you can think other way - in such case please feel free to discuss it in public. But writing in several places in same time, make it more difficult to maintain, so please stick to one way of communication. Thanks :)

Snake2
07-04-10, 23:09
There is no way I am giving a stranger admin access, at all. My server is mine and it is my private details.

If you wont reinstate my account, since link is now there then i will have to claim the funds back on my credit card.

It is none of your business why the link was not showing other than it is fixed.

All you need to know is the link is working now, end of. I had a simliar issue with vbseo in the past and they simply asked for it to be fixed, they did not need to spy on me.

Let me know how you want to deal with this, I am happy to get refund if you wont reinstate my account.

I like your product and want to buy for my 5 other forums when i get this working 100%, so you will lose good customer just because you demand to access my server, which is not fair Michael.

vBET
08-04-10, 00:51
There is no way I am giving a stranger admin access, at all. My server is mine and it is my private details.

If you wont reinstate my account, since link is now there then i will have to claim the funds back on my credit card.

It is none of your business why the link was not showing other than it is fixed.

All you need to know is the link is working now, end of. I had a simliar issue with vbseo in the past and they simply asked for it to be fixed, they did not need to spy on me.

Let me know how you want to deal with this, I am happy to get refund if you wont reinstate my account.

I like your product and want to buy for my 5 other forums when i get this working 100%, so you will lose good customer just because you demand to access my server, which is not fair Michael.

Please note that it is not about spying, but about checking does legal agreement which was made between our two sides was honored or not. Also please note that in case of license violation no one is qualified for refund - more anyone who violated license agreed to loose his license and additionally paid for that. Every customer agreed on license terms knowing what he is paying for.

It is just like when somebody borrow the car - he knows that he paid to have it on some terms. He cannot claim that he paid to borrow it, so he thinks that it is his now and he can do with it whatever he wants. If he will not give it back, this will be a crime even if he paid for borrowing it. And when he will be cut he cannot claim, that no one should be interested why he decided to take the car for himself and demand cash return because they are taking the car back. Yes of course - he can claim whatever he want and he can demand whatever he want, but booth his claims and his demands have no ground. And the fact that car was given back by Police only because he was cut doesnt means that nothing happens. "OK you got the car now so what you are claiming about? Lets forget about everything and be happy that you see car again - you could never see it again - you have luck so feel lucky."

Now you see we find our that our car is missing... But we had contact to person which is riding it so we call and ask: Aloha - how is the ride? We think that you can have troubles with your engine we do not hear it appropriately by phone, please let us know what is going on. And we get the answer: "It is because right now I'm riding on different car". We checked our satellite navigation and find out (on Google map ;)) that you are riding our car so something is wrong. But still assumed that maybe there is wrong fuel, or something like that. So we call again, but no body answered. Se send SMS, we send MMS, we find out that car has installed fax and also send fax, but none of our messages was answered. And our satellite navigation still show that customer indeed is riding our car. So being so far away only thing which we could do was to remotely disable GPS system in his car and sen message: "Actual usage of car is not safe for you and probably violate our interests. We understand that you can have some issues with car engine and still are afraid that our property was broken by you. So we cannot make you easier to move forward in this circumstances. We want to help in solving the issue with engine but get no response. Please tell us where you want to stop and we will send there out mechanic which will see under the mask and check what is wrong". And then we wait until you will need to use GPS again and respond to our messages thinking: "Lets hope that Police blockade will not be needed here".
Now you put our car into your garage, lock it and telling us that right we can hear the engine from the gate, but we have no right to look under the mask of our car because it is in your garage and it is not fair that we even ask about access to your garage. Even that you can simply change the lock after that. Even that you agreed, that we have to right to inspect does our car is used appropriately (please see license agreement). We just should feel lucky that we hear more or less appropriate sound now and do not interest what happens to the engine before and do not interest why the sound is not even coming from the engine. "Do not spy me - it is not your interest what I'm doing with your car. And if you will not give me GPS access back I will blow everything away and took money which I paid."

Please note that we do not ask everyone who is riding our cars for access to garage. We do not tell that it was your intention, but we feel provoked to take those actions. And we do not think that threating us can help in this issue. If even by any mistake the money would go back to you (for what you have no any right), it will more give effect like: "Now he broke to our safe (or cheated our secretary) and stole our money - we didn't want it but now we have to go to Police with this case we were robbed". Please consider your agreement, intentions, statements, actions and possible consequences.

We have legal right given by license agreement to check does license was not violated. Of course we can decide to not do this, but it will never happen under public blackmail. There is group of people which acts this way - make public threat, asking to decide will it be their easy way, or their hard way. Many countries learn long ago that they never can let them intimidate, or threats will never end.
Please note that this strategy will give you opposite results that you need. We are open for discussion even if it was ignored before (that is what happens here). We are closed for all threats and appropriately modify our strategy in such cases. If you want still discuss this issue - please put away all threats. As threat we consider declaration about taking any action which is not legal according to our license agreement, Polish law, law in your country, or requiring fraud/false statements in payment system.

We appreciate that you consider buying vBET also for your 5 other forums. Please note that licenses are not commited between each other. Each is treated separatelly in any aspect (installation, support, violation, upgrade...). Right now your primaty account was blocked full, because you own only one license, it was easier that grab in database and all the time we consider it only as temporary solution to start discussion again and solve the issue - what is our primary goal all the time.

Please note that almost EVERY software which you ever used and will ever use is/will be on some license. In some countries law even not allows to use software without having license for it, what means that software must have license (even it it is free) to be usable in such country.

Snake2
08-04-10, 00:55
I appreciate your reply, but i still dont understand, i have fixed the link issue, there is nothing to investigate, I am not breaking the licence agreement as there is a link.

There is no violation. This is bizare, you wont even let me buy more licences, it's crazy. Why would any businessman stop customers from spending more money. Weird.

vBET
08-04-10, 00:59
The link is back, there is no need to turn this into a drama. It was a mistake, its back, can we get along now.

Sorry we didn't saw this message before (we was answering previous one). At this moment wee need to know your official statement about payment to made any step further.

Snake2
08-04-10, 01:01
What do you mean Michael?

There is no payment issue, we are happy if you simply unblock the account so we can upgrade new version on release today, then if good get new licences for other forums.

We are happy, no payment issue just want account working again.

Thank you!

vBET
08-04-10, 01:18
I appreciate your reply, but i still dont understand, i have fixed the link issue, there is nothing to investigate, I am not breaking the licence agreement as there is a link.

There is no violation. This is bizare, you wont even let me buy branding free, it's crazy. Why would any businessman stop customers from spending more money. Weird.

Please trust us that we also feel very uncomfortable in actual situation. And as you know very well account was blocked not to block your possibility of additional shopping, but to be able to communicate with you again, because our messages was ignored.

Our previous answer was not to convince you about anything, but to show you the image of situation hoping that you will understand our actions - not approve it.

We understand and checked that you put credit link (what is obvious not made by vBET engine). It still doesn't solve the issue does license was violated (and we have strong reasons to think so) in which case we have some rights given by our legal agreement. Rights which we do not have to ask for. Violation which we do not have to investigate. But as we already let you know we will never decide to let it go under threat. So please give us your official statement about you payment for vBET license and then we will continue our discussion.

vBET
08-04-10, 01:21
What do you mean Michael?

There is no payment issue, we are happy if you simply unblock the account so we can upgrade new version on release today, then if good get new licences for other forums.

We are happy, no payment issue just want account working again.

Thank you!

Maybe I simple misunderstood - in such situation sorry for mistake. I thought that your intention was to reverse payment. I have 2 at night on my time and issue it not light one ;)

So just to be clear - is reversing payment is under consideration or not?

Snake2
08-04-10, 01:23
Official statement about payment? I dont understand what you mean. I already paid. I'm finding this really upsetting. I do not have much money and now you stop me using this software and i have done nothing wrong. You can see link I added to fix issue. And I have paid you months ago.

Snake2
08-04-10, 01:24
Why would i reverse payment if i have working licence... no reason, i want updates so will not reverse payment if i am happy and licence is not banned. :)

Also i didnt get your messages as i did not login for a few weeks, and this forum doesnt send messages to my email inbox for some reason.

Snake2
08-04-10, 01:33
I think the reason normal link isnt working is we have a modified template that makes copyrights all in a line and in nice box so that maybe causing problem.

example;

my template;

copyright 1 - copyright 2 - copyright 3

normall vb template;

copyright 1
copyright 2
copyright 3

either way you have nice link with great anchor text. so all is good for vbet.

vBET
08-04-10, 01:56
Please note that no one stops you using vBET at this moment. You are using it now and used it all the time when issue existed and you was not responding.

As we wrote all the time whole intention of blocking your account on this forum (not blocking vBET usage - you're still using it now) was to explain the situation. And it happen only because you stopped answering, with your last response on level "get lost" (you didn't wrote it literally - that was only our impression).

Yes we know that you paid for product. We asked about your threat that you will remove payment. For what according to our license agreement you have no right when license is revoked for violation. So if such reversal would possibly happen it would be a fraud made on payment system and it would take many unpleasant consequences for you.
That is why we we asked about it - just to be sure are you willing to made fraud or not.

I understand that you have no such intention :) And even if it was written before it was statement made without remembering license agreement.

OK so - in such case please just keep attention on license agreement and please notify us if you find that something is wrong on vBET side. If you are long in this business (I believe that you do) then you know that our license is really easy according to license possibilities for some products, so we do nothing unusual. It is how software market looks ant it was made this way by law and software piracy fighting. Your account will be unbanned tomorrow (sorry but have to finish some things now and it is almost 3 at night on my time). Please remind me if I forgot (do not send reminder now - I assume that on our email account is lot mails from you about the issue so I will just remove it).

Once again very sorry for all your troubles and hope that even if you do not approve our way, you do understand why we made those steps and maybe even down deep appreciate that we only made temporary account ban not license revoke with all other possible steps...
That was just to made myself feeling better ;)

In case of any issues with vBET, please feel free to send posts in troubleshooting or bug report sections :)

EDITED:
I just find your previous post - thanks for note. Please put the rest on PM level or into troubleshooting section if new vBET version will have same issue.

Snake2
08-04-10, 01:58
Thank you. :)

vBET
08-04-10, 15:34
Done - have fun :) Hope that new version will meet your performance expectations.

Snake
08-04-10, 15:43
How do i stop urls being translated in this version like i asked before here > http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/436-how-disable-translated-urls.html

This should really be option in admincp.

vBET
08-04-10, 15:46
Please open new thread for this in feature requests - our answer can be helpful also for other users.

Snake
08-04-10, 15:47
I already have a thread open, that is the link for it!

vBET
08-04-10, 15:49
Sorry - I'm going there ;)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET 4.10.1