PDA

View Full Version : Solved Cannot create, Edit CMS Articles w/ vBET Active

heywho
28-03-10, 23:44
Hi. Subject says it. Don't know where the problem lies.

Just upgraded vBET AND vBulletin to current release. Had problem before. Turn vBET off, and vB works as expected. vBET works in Forums.

Not using SEO...

any help, welcome. Thanks

vBET
29-03-10, 15:36
Just checked on our test instance and cannot reproduce issue - it works.

Please PM me access details to Admin CP and FTP - I will check and solve it on your side.

Please also tell us how blogs behaves. I suspect that for some specific configuration (like yours) we miss to include vBET file during request evaluation. But have to check it. Also please note that you shouldn't use any editing options for CMS on translated pages. It is supported for forum and blogs, but have no sense for CMS (since such articles are written only by trusted site staff in native forum language). Does your issue exists on normal (not translated) CMS pages?

heywho
29-03-10, 22:38
Just checked on our test instance and cannot reproduce issue - it works.

Please PM me access details to Admin CP and FTP - I will check and solve it on your side.

Please also tell us how blogs behaves. I suspect that for some specific configuration (like yours) we miss to include vBET file during request evaluation. But have to check it. Also please note that you shouldn't use any editing options for CMS on translated pages. It is supported for forum and blogs, but have no sense for CMS (since such articles are written only by trusted site staff in native forum language). Does your issue exists on normal (not translated) CMS pages?

I'll PM you the information.

This was trying to create a new article, or edit the "default" CMS content in english -- same situation with both -- just pulls a totally blank page, no editor, or the usual CMS manager -- was not editing anything translated. I agree -- that should be done by someone who speaks the language. ;^)

I just tested it. vBET menu is not showing up in the blogs of CMS, and is not working in the forums. I try to translate it pulls the forum home page

Prior to upgrade, vBET was translating Blogs, Forums, GUI, Classified Ad's

vBET
31-03-10, 14:59
Just was there and noted that you are using old vBET 4.1.0 version. Please update first to latest version (vBET 4.2.1 - there is additional integration step see here for details (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-announcements/537-vbet-4-2-1-released-great-performance-improvments-beta-2.html#post2068)). If in newest version it still happens please give us a sign and we will handle this :)

heywho
02-04-10, 01:08
Doh.... uploaded the contents of the "upload" folder, but forget to reload the new .xml into file into products... works fine now

It works fine now, excellent as a matter of fact. All the languages I've been able to test have reported that, while the translations are sometimes a tad clumsy -- the ability to understand the content is there. Even in Hindi. Still need to test Farsi, Arabic and Chinese and Japanese -- but have high hopes. Great product you guys... all the testers so far have been very impressed

One question. Is it possible to get the drop down menu into the CMS, and Blogs, also, or do I need to rely on the flags

Thanks

vBET
02-04-10, 03:27
One question. Is it possible to get the drop down menu into the CMS, and Blogs, also, or do I need to rely on the flags

Thanks

Please play with custom place for that. Also you can open new feature request and we will work on build in solution for next release :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages thanks to vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1