PDA

View Full Version : Great performance improvments are comnig...

vBET
21-03-10, 05:45
Hi :)

We are during translation algorithm changes. At this moment we discovered bottle necks and also implemented better solution for it.

Testing on big forum with real content (thanks Matt :)) thanks to our first improvements we was able to dramatically reduce time of generation for first page. We discovered that in case of titles translation each title is translated one by one. After changes response time (for forum main page with disabled cache and nearly 200 titles to translate) went down from minimum 20 seconds (depending on Google responses) to 4 seconds.

We look closer also on each step of our algorithm and improved it. Thanks that for mentioned page response time with cache on and all data cached (so no waiting for Google) went down from 3 seconds to less than 1 second (900-800ms)! And about 600-700ms is required to generate not translated page on that forum.

So next release will be really big step :) First it will be included in vBET4.x as it is done on its code. After that it will be included in vBET3.x :)

Please note that we have lot to test, because we made lot of changes. So next release will be most probably in 2 weeks for vBET4.x And probably 4-6 weeks for vBET3.x

Hope you will find that it was worth to wait :)

Smiggy
21-03-10, 13:42
4-6 for vBET 3, you mean?

vBET
22-03-10, 07:50
Yes - already corrected, thanks :)

Hein
22-03-10, 15:49
Why is not just a simple vBulletin ® Version 3.8 for sale. I have no need for translation etc.

tavenger5
22-03-10, 16:41
can't wait!

Hein
22-03-10, 21:03
Have you seen the translations that are made? It seems like it's trying a Chinese language (unlike Chinese) to speak. This translation is really a fiasco! I prefer the normal (without translations vBet?) Where is the simple version 3.8 vBulletin order?

vBET
23-03-10, 04:14
Why is not just a simple vBulletin ® Version 3.8 for sale. I have no need for translation etc.

Go to vBulletin if you want to buy vBulletin :) Here you can improve you vBulletin by adding multilingual community support :)

vBET
23-03-10, 04:17
Have you seen the translations that are made? It seems like it's trying a Chinese language (unlike Chinese) to speak. This translation is really a fiasco! I prefer the normal (without translations vBet?) Where is the simple version 3.8 vBulletin order?

Translations are made by Google which is the best automatic translation service in the world and improve its quality every day. Look here for some info about how it evolves: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/members-articles/466-google’s-computing-power-refines-translation-tool.html

If you need just vBulletin then go to vBulletin and buy it :)

bhanuprasad1981
25-03-10, 20:00
i will be waiting for both versions :D

Snake
22-04-10, 01:37
What is coming in the future, have you more speed improvements to make, when will these be released?

vBET
22-04-10, 13:45
What is coming in the future, have you more speed improvements to make, when will these be released?

Yes we have :) Most important: file cache and cache engines support. Also we have other potential improvements. At this moment we have no official release date for it.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1