PDA

View Full Version : Will content retroactively be translated?

brubros
15-03-10, 17:43
My understanding of vBET is that it will automatically generate 51 translations for every piece of content that is created. This raises some questions. Does vBET no longer need caching since translated content already exists for all content? Another question I have is in regards to when vBET 4.x is installed. Is the existing content (content entered before vBET was installed) translated into 51 other languages or does translation begin with new content only? If existing content does not automatically translate into 51 other languages, will it do so if you just open the document and force a refresh or are other steps required? Is there a batch file that can be run instead to force a translation of the entire database? And, how can it be determined if a document has been translated by vBET into 51 other languages? Thanks for reading through all these questions!:)

vBET
15-03-10, 20:41
No - vBET is not automatically generate 52 translations for each message. This is prohibited by Google TOS. vBET translates on demand and of course is using cache if results are already cached.
vBET will translate all your content - old ad new, because translation is on demand. You can feel does some page was already translated, because first translation takes more time (because we have to wait for Google results) after that it is much faster. You do not need to force refreshing any content - translated page have different URL.

brubros
16-03-10, 01:36
OK, now I understand. I think I was confused by the description that appears on vBET's home page when it says, "vBET instantly makes your forum have 52 times more content, in 52 languages! That means 52 times more URLs to threads which will now be visited by users searching content in their native languages."
Please know that I am VERY happy with the results I am already seeing from vBET. However, the description of how vBET operates means that if someone in, for example, Spain, enters a Google search query in Spanish for something that was entered in English on my site they will not be able to find it? Again, I think vBET is revolutionary and a great example of good programming practices. I just need to be certain that I understand how it fully operates. Just point me to an existing resource if you have already explained this. Thank you!

vBET
16-03-10, 23:21
The description tells how your forum acts - and after you install vBET your forum acts like have instantly 52 times more content :)
Google and other robots are crawling right now your translated pages and indexes it in appropriate languages. So if someone from Spain will put in Google query in Spanish then he can find your translated content :)
Is someone from Spain will put query in English then of course Google will search for English content. Still you can use vBET options to automatically redirect such guest to his language (vBET recognizes it by headers send by web browser) :)
If you have any other questions - please just ask :)

hotslot
16-04-10, 23:29
Doesn't googles free translator do the same thing?

vBET
17-04-10, 17:28
Doesn't googles free translator do the same thing?

No. Google free translator will not give you 52 times more URL's which are indexed and brings you additional traffic. Google will not translate your URL's. Google will not allow your users to write messages in different languages. Google only translates. vBET supports multilingual society and gives you better SEO.

hotslot
18-04-10, 02:34
I agree, I will be buying very shortly.

However I had a friend just recently buy this "4 days ago" and he has yet to see any indexed pages for different languages even on Google's different country search engines.

VGF
18-04-10, 16:07
However I had a friend just recently buy this "4 days ago" and he has yet to see any indexed pages for different languages even on Google's different country search engines.

Dude, That usually takes weeks , if not months. Its common knowledge of people that are into search engine optimization.

Also, I personally wouldn't even recommend downloading this unless you have vbSEO as well. vbSEO makes the URL's search engine friendly....and vBet makes your forum readable in all languages & also indexes them in many more search engines from around the country.

Once the search engine recognizes the content of your pages are acceptable for their search engines (language) , they will take them in.

vBET
18-04-10, 22:54
Also, I personally wouldn't even recommend downloading this unless you have vbSEO as well. vbSEO makes the URL's search engine friendly....

vBulletin 4.x has bulletin friendly URLs functionality - you do not need vBSEO for that anymore. Of course there are differences between configuration possibilities in native vBulletin friendly URLs and vBSEO URLs.

hotslot
20-04-10, 22:59
Dude, That usually takes weeks , if not months. Its common knowledge of people that are into search engine optimization.

Also, I personally wouldn't even recommend downloading this unless you have vbSEO as well. vbSEO makes the URL's search engine friendly....and vBet makes your forum readable in all languages & also indexes them in many more search engines from around the country.

Once the search engine recognizes the content of your pages are acceptable for their search engines (language) , they will take them in.

I don't think that is true. These websites have high pr rating and have been online for 10 years.

Im pretty sure there liked by Google.

warm regards

vBET
21-04-10, 01:44
Please note that vBET has nothing common with speed of pages indexing by Google. This depends only on Google - you can just made suggestions by sitemap.xml.

Please make sure that you are not blocking translated pages with valuable content by robots.txt (still - it is advised to block irrelevant translated pages like member pages etc.).

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET 4.10.1