PDA

View Full Version : Can i disable some plugins?

Snake
10-03-10, 20:55
Hi Michael,

I am trying to reduce load, it is still a problem, my site is 100% cached.

If i just want the translator to translate pages for guests and none of the other features like multi language forum support etc can i disable some of the plugins?

Will this reduce load?

I just want a basic translator, so just new pages on new url, none of the other fancy stuff.

Thanks.

vBET
10-03-10, 21:34
In such case you can disable lot of plugins. But first - do you really need it? What is the time of page translation on your forum? Server Load is virtual parameter and you do not have to worry about it if your requests are handled fast. It may be that you have still lot of unused resources and server load is high, because of wrong Apache or MySql configuration which forces other clients to wait (I think so - didn't work in this area). It can be that you have more clients in same time and they are waiting in queue, but they are waiting for really short time and you do not have to worry about it.

So please look on your memory usage and CPU usage and if you still have resources then figure out why your threads are waiting for CPU instead of reducing vBET functionality. But of course if you do not need multilingual support you can disable lot of vBET plugins.

By the way - you can find here our full robots.txt file which blocks robots to not crawl on not significant translated pages. I updated it today so please look here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/243-vbet-performance.html#post1178

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Thanks to vBET 4.10.1 you can enjoy automatic translations