PDA

View Full Version : Solved Always redirecting back to home....

Trixi.com
04-03-10, 01:16
Hi,

first of all: Great piece of software...I paid the 90 bugs and it was a pleasure...

I installed it and it runs great as long as I have the option " Add language parameter to URL (i.e. 'address?language=en')
Create URL's according to SEO link consensus (i.e. '/en/address')".

But as soon as I switch to "Create URL's according to SEO link consensus (i.e. '/en/address')" I have some trouble....

Check this page:

pedi/cabfo/rum.com/forums/de/forum.php

Please delete / in the word pedicab ....

As soon as I click any thread it goes back to the English language Home....

Mmmmmh....

I added the root /forums, defined the master language English and added to htaccess:

RewriteEngine On

#RULES for SEO translation links without any SEO engine (on raw vBulletin links)
#If you are using vB 'Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs' then put those rules JUST BEFORE vB rules
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|sq|ca|et|tl|gl|hi|id|lv|lt|mt|sl|uk|vi|cy|yi)/archive/index.php/(.*)?$ archive/index.php?/$2&language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ index.php?language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ $2?language=$1 [QSA]

Any clue what could be wrong?

Thank you

Gerald

Trixi.com
04-03-10, 02:32
Update: I always get an 404 Error using "Create URL's according to SEO link consensus (i.e. '/en/address')"....

So I switched back to Add language parameter to URL (i.e. 'address?language=en') which works at the moment...

Would be great if you could help to get it work

Tx

vBET
05-03-10, 00:40
Hi.

As I see it is working now - please confirm If I missing something :)

Important thing - you didn't set 'Strict' for option "Enforce Canonical URL" - it is required, otherwise you will loose your SEO. Please see readme.html from vBET package and fallow vB configuration instructions.

Trixi.com
05-03-10, 09:10
Hi Michal,

Thank you - I switched to "Enforce Canonical URL" now.

It works, but the problem still exists...

My configuration right now:
ON Advanced Friendly URLs
ON Create URL's according to SEO link consensus (i.e. '/en/address')
.htaccess as above / as in ReadMe.

It works going for example to a German translation - I post a slash in the Url as I am not allowed to post URLs...

p/edicabforum.com/forums/de/forumdisplay.php/32-Introduce-Yourself

Everythin OK

Problem:
As soon as I switch to
Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs

The Url above is now
p/edicabforum.com/forums/de/32-Introduce-Yourself

and I get 404 Errors.

...so the problem is not solved...it works well in Advanced Friendly URLs mode, but not with Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs

RewriteEngine On

#RULES for SEO translation links without any SEO engine (on raw vBulletin links)
#If you are using vB 'Mod Rewrite Friendly URLs' then put those rules JUST BEFORE vB rules
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|sq|ca|et|tl|gl|hi|id|lv|lt|mt|sl|uk|vi|cy|yi)/archive/index.php/(.*)?$ archive/index.php?/$2&language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ index.php?language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ $2?language=$1 [QSA]

I tried it also with the mix from the VB-htaccess and your code, but I get an 500 - Internal Server Error

RewriteEngine on

# If you are having problems or are using VirtualDocumentRoot, uncomment this line and set it to your vBulletin directory.
# RewriteBase /forum/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

# Forum

RewriteRule ^threads/.* showthread.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^forums/.* forumdisplay.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^members/.* member.php [QSA]
RewriteRule ^blogs/.* blog.php [QSA]
ReWriteRule ^entries/.* entry.php [QSA]

# MVC
RewriteRule ^(?:(.*?)(?:/|$))(.*|$)$ $1.php?r=$2 [QSA]

If I use just the VB-Code which comes with the Installation pack in the do not upload directory:

RewriteEngine on

# If you are having problems or are using VirtualDocumentRoot, uncomment this line and set it to your vBulletin directory.
# RewriteBase /forum/

# MVC

the URL is converted to

p/edicabforum.com/forums/forums/32-Introduce-Yourself

As you see: It added forums once again...and I get "Invalid Forum specified."

So I guess that the problem is the htaccess and the rules....my VB is (vBulletin 4.0.2 Patch Level 1)....I guess first I have to fix this problem with VB and then to try again....

Saludos

Gerald

vBET
08-03-10, 16:46
If it is working on with one of Friendly URL setting it is good news - you have no issues with vBET :) So - when you change Friendly URL to Mod rewrite you have error - it means that issue is in .htaccess file just as you suspect.

First - please make sure that your .htaccess file is OK for normal (not translated) URLs. So set there rules required by vB and test it. After that put vBET rules BEFORE vB rules. This is how looks .htaccess file on our test vB4 forum:

RewriteEngine On

#vB FRIENDLY URL RULES

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages thanks to vBET Translator 4.10.1