PDA

View Full Version : Solved How to disable translated URLs

Snake
23-02-10, 22:14
Hi I want to keep my english URLs like vbet 2.0

How do i disable translated urls?

Snake
24-02-10, 02:28
I really need to disable these, i have been running this mod a long time and do not want to have to index 1mil urls again, it will take months and months. I would rather keep the old url structure please help.

vBET
24-02-10, 03:13
vBET 3.x makes translations in safe way according to vBET 2.x It means that old (not translated links) just get 301 redirect. And for Google (and other search engines) it means - do not loose this indexed page just change the address cause it is still the same page which moved to other address.

So you will loose nothing. It is safe for you.

Anyway if you still want do it then please open file vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php and remove (comment) this code:

function vbseo_thread_seotitle(&$thread){
require_once(dirname(__FILE__). '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions.php');
vbet_makevBSEOTheadLink($thread);
}

It can be also needed to find in Admin CP -> Products & Plugins -> Plugins vBET plugin named Initialization for init_startup hook and remove/comment there this code:

if (!function_exists("vbseo_thread_seotitle")) {
function vbseo_thread_seotitle(&$thread){
require_once(DIR. '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions.php');
vbet_makevBSEOTheadLink($thread);
}
}

Snake
24-02-10, 03:21
Perfect, thank you.

vBET
24-02-10, 03:35
You are welcome :)

As we wrote here and PM you in our opinion you do not need this and it is better for your SEO to NOT disable translated URLs. Those will be better positioned by Google (more keywords in searched language) and you will NOT loose indexes of your URLs before translation (because 301 redirect is used).

Snake
25-02-10, 14:43
You are welcome :)

As we wrote here and PM you in our opinion you do not need this and it is better for your SEO to NOT disable translated URLs. Those will be better positioned by Google (more keywords in searched language) and you will NOT loose indexes of your URLs before translation (because 301 redirect is used).

The biggest issue i have is most browsers do not show the language urls properly in the browser address bar, they show ww.domain.com/%20%250%900/ etc, so people linking to me will link with junk urls. That is bad for seo.

vBET
25-02-10, 19:58
The biggest issue i have is most browsers do not show the language urls properly in the browser address bar, they show ww.domain.com/%20%250%900/ etc, so people linking to me will link with junk urls. That is bad for seo.

First of all SEO is about like boots see you not people. Second - URLs are not junk - those are fine. What you are writing about it is how IE shows it. Check it in Opera, Chrome, Firefox - it is all nice. Because % notation is a standard. And IE also respects it when send request to server, just doesn't show it nice. If you know some language with special characters, then You can even check it and change % notation to special letters in some URL - you will see that it is same page.

In summary: links are fine.

Still we can take it as request to generate links for IE in other way. We even already know how to do this (lesson learned with vB4 ;)).

Snake
08-04-10, 15:05
How do i disable urls again in new version? 3.3.2

vBET
08-04-10, 15:56
How do i disable urls again in new version? 3.3.2

In this case it is enough if you just do not made any changes for functions_vbseo_createurl.php file :)

NOTE: translation of URLs gives you MUCH BETTER SEO and we made GREAT OPTIMIZATION in this area in 3.3.2 We specially made algorithm changes for this and add delayed translations for URLs, because previously there was bottleneck which we found recently. So we advise you to just made full integration and check your actual performance WITH translated URLs - you can be very positively surprised in this area :) Then if you decide that it is still not enough you can always disable it later. Please check it - it is really great for your SEO and will bring you more traffic (because of better index positions).

Snake
08-04-10, 15:59
So i keep old file? ithought new one had new changes as per vbseo intergration?

vBET
08-04-10, 16:15
So i keep old file? ithought new one had new changes as per vbseo intergration?

Yes and this integration was to assure URL translations which you do not want to have (still encourage to check actual performance for translated URLs).

PS.
Still made all changes for functions_vbseo_url.php

Snake
08-04-10, 16:18
Ok thanks, have one issue with flags not showing up... at all. in footer.

Snake
08-04-10, 16:32
Second issue,

fixed it.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Multilingual forum supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1