PDA

View Full Version : assistance with dbseo vbet rewrite rules

siparker
08-04-15, 17:44
hi my current nginx config as as below

Could you please advise of the additions for vbet. ~(i understand these are to be tested and are essentially unsupported.)

one bit i am specifically concerned about is it not affecting the /blog/ folder which contains wordpress.

server {
listen 80;
#listen [::]:80 default ipv6only=on;

server_name www.mydomain.com mydomain.com;
root /home/user/domains/mydomain.com/public_html;
access_log /home/user/domains/mydomain.com/logs/access.log;
error_log /home/user/domains/mydomain.com/logs/error.log;

index index.php index.html index.htm;
error_page 404 /404.html;

location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ /dbseo.php;
}

location /blog/ {
index index.php;
rewrite ^/blog/(.*)+$ /blog/index.php?$1; # it finally works

}

location ~ ^((?!dbseo).)*\.php$
{
rewrite ^/(.*)$ /dbseo.php last;
}

# Pass PHP scripts to PHP-FPM
location ~ \.php$ {
try_files $uri =403;
fastcgi_split_path_info ^(/blog)(/.*)$;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm-username.sock;
include fastcgi_params;
fastcgi_index index.php;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
}

# Enable browser cache for CSS / JS
location ~* \.(?:css|js)$ {
expires 30d;
add_header Pragma "public";
add_header Cache-Control "public";
add_header Vary "Accept-Encoding";
}

# Enable browser cache for static files
location ~* \.(?:ico|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp|webp|tiff|svg|svgz|pdf|mp3|flac|ogg|mid|midi|wav|mp4|webm|mkv|og$
expires 60d;
add_header Pragma "public";
add_header Cache-Control "public";
}

# Deny access to hidden files
location ~ (^|/)\. {
deny all;
}

}

Marcin Kalak
15-04-15, 11:58
We currently do not support dbseo.
Change in seo on dbseo is not so simple. In addition to adding the rules you must using vBET translate phrases from seo and replace them. For this purpose should be to create the appropriate controller or hooks.

We recommend using the friendly url.

siparker
18-04-15, 18:04
hi

its a fairly big old forum so i am going to struggle to change to different url's now. some have been in place generating traffic for 5 years +

i would hate to loose those rankings by changing the url structure as there is no way to 301 thousands of urls.

Marcin Kalak
21-04-15, 09:15
Thanks for your opinion. A this moment we do not plan to support DBSEO.

siparker
23-04-15, 12:00
ok. i have spoken to DBseo supprot and they have said they could provide assistance their end. if i have specific questions re how it would need to work are you ok to provide me with that info?

I would be a bit stuck otherwise.

or is there any specific version or info RE vbseo that may be able to point us in the right direction trying to solve the integration?

Marcin Kalak
25-04-15, 08:59
We do not support DBSEO. We support vBSEO and friendly urls and do not plan currently to support DBSEO that does not support vB5. From this perspective, both vB4 and DBSEO products are already obsolete. vBSEO was supported by us before vB support friendly url and this support has been moved from vB3 to vB4. vBSEO and DBSEO not support vB5, which indicates that this part of market disappears replaced by native friendly url that are already delivered in the price of vB and do not require additional fees. Therefore, among other things, we're not interested in developing support for additional engines seo and will remain at the currently supported. If you had a vBSEO then you can come back to vBSEO. We use vBSEO on vB4 and there are no problems. Lack of support vBSEO can be troublesome, but if you have configuration verified and there is no problem with it then support is not needed.

siparker
28-04-15, 16:28
ok.

i have to stay with vb4.0 for other reasons.

i will try and find a freelancer to help me.

vbseo is gone so yes lack of support was a problem and was the reason i moved to dbseo in the first place. it also adds a lot more than just the urls which i make use of.

they have offered their help i was just wondering if i could have asked you the questions that may come up in terms of how vbet worked with vbseo so that i could try and get the issue fixed.

Marcin Kalak
29-04-15, 15:21
Integration vBSEO with vBET works by replacing vBSEO functions on vBET functions. See: do-not-upload/readme.html->Integration with other mods->vBSEO Integration. Functions vBET translate text and parse it properly (using vBSEO functions) and return it. These functions are contained in file: upload/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_vbseo.php. This file are included in hook: init_startup. In addition vBET sets some variables vBSEO accordingly.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1