PDA

View Full Version : DBSEO support

siparker
08-03-14, 11:59
Hi

I used VBSEO until it recently went offline and is not going to be supported anymore.

I have now gone to use DBSEO as it seems to only good alternative

IS there a way we can work together to find a way to support DBSEO url's for VBET as i want to use both plugins. I am happy to help with testing etc.

In VBSEO there were many modifications necassary for VBET to work correctly.

Will it be the same for DBSEO ? if so could you let me know what the main concerns are so i can try to make the changes on my test site so it will work.

thanks

vBET
11-03-14, 12:44
Since you have VB4.x we suggest to use friendly URLs - it is included in vB and gives you SEO friendly links which ware supported in vBET. So please just configure your vB to use friendly URLs and vBET will automatically translate those :) No integration needed. Also please look to our readme file, because there is some information about configuration with friendly URLs.

tavenger5
11-03-14, 18:35
I would like to see this integration as well.

siparker
14-03-14, 16:13
hi

i needed to utilise dbseo to ensure the existing url structure was kept. My rankings etc for the site are dependant on either those urls being kept or correctly 301 to new urls. DBSEO does this and as such i need to ensure i use it.

I will open a new thread now as i just installed the full vbet and now none of the translations work at all.

It was partially working with the free version but not pro for some reason.

vBET
15-03-14, 11:32
At this moment we are not planning to integrate with dbseo. I understood that you want to keep your URL structure. You could test those friendly URLs keep it. Maybe dbseo works similar way.

If not then you can try to integrate yourself on your own risk, but be aware that if you change vBET code then you will have to change it again after each vBET update.

I do not know how exactly dbseo works. Is it working by plugins or like vBSEO adds front controller. If it is working similar to vBSEO then you can base on vBSEO integration as example. Anyway if you want only have working SEO links this should be quite easy. If you want have translated URLs - this can be more tricky.

highlander29
23-05-14, 21:16
Are there still no plans to support this DBSEO integration? I want the mod but can't install it if it doesn't.

vBET
24-05-14, 14:11
At this moment we do not plan to support it. vBulletin has its own native friendly URLs. This is what finished vBSEO and most probably other plugins which gives functionality which is already included will die, or will be used rarely. So we do not think there is need on market to support it.

highlander29
24-05-14, 20:36
It seems to do more than friendly URLs. I have DBSEO installed on a pretty large/busy forum.

For people like me who are looking for technical solutions to increase traffic, especially people willing to spend a little money, we will try it anyway. We will also look at things like your mod too. However they are incompatible. I am fairly sure you will lose customers.

vBET
27-05-14, 17:01
Thanks for your opinion. A this moment we do not plan to support DBSEO.

tavenger5
09-06-14, 16:52
i needed to utilise dbseo to ensure the existing url structure was kept. My rankings etc for the site are dependant on either those urls being kept or correctly 301 to new urls. DBSEO does this and as such i need to ensure i use it.

This. Since vbseo is no longer supported we at least need a way to 301 the translated URLs to the new ones after switching to DBSEO.

vBET
10-06-14, 17:10
We do not plan to support DBSEO at this moment. We support friendly URLs. So vBSEO users can stay with vBSEO or switch to friendly URL's. Redirection rules after switching is each user issue to solve on their own, since this is not vBET issue and every old vBSEO user can have completely different previous URLs, because vBSEO was configurable in this area. So we do not plan to support DBSEO, nor any switching from vBSEO to other solution

vBET will work nice switched to friendly URLs. Old URLs not and it is not vBET case - it is not our issue to clean after dead plugin. We support our product, not someones dead solution.

mykkal
09-03-15, 21:03
This. Since vbseo is no longer supported we at least need a way to 301 the translated URLs to the new ones after switching to DBSEO.

DBSEO can keep the old VBSEO url structure. It has a import function in the paid version. If you still have vBSEO tables in your database you can run that update. Also all of VBSEO's users have moved to DBSEO.

Fact: DBSEO adds no follow links and other important things to vBulletin which keeps us from being penalized in indexes. vBulletin has made it clear that the only SEO they are doing is related to urls and they don't support 301 redirects or custom url structures. THAT IS A HUGE PROBLEM.

Anyways...same as this plugin does translations well...vBulletin only does forum software well... vBulletin does NOT do SEO well native. That is a different area of expertise. I hope the plugin author takes note of this.

Marcin Kalak
11-03-15, 14:37
Thank for your opinion. We do not plan to support DBSEO at this moment. We support friendly URLs.

cuchuoi
15-03-15, 05:50
Hello, can you tell me DBSeo official website?

Marcin Kalak
16-03-15, 09:08
DragonByte SEO - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons (http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product/303-dragonbyte-seo/)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1