PDA

View Full Version : Already done Language Condition integrated into the notice system of vB

StarBuG
09-02-10, 20:55
Hi

I have a huge problem.

I am using a welcome message to greet my guests and introduce them to the idea of my forum.

However, this message is always in German because it is done via the vB Notices System (and is an image for SEO purposes)

It would be to cool to have additional condition options in the notice system.

EG:
- User is not browsing the forum in [LANGUAGE]
- User is browsing the forum in [LANGUAGE]

This would also make information notices about the automated translation possible.
This would be very important to me and maybe others too.

If anyone has a work around to get a language condition into the current notice system please let me now.

StarBuG

vBET
10-02-10, 14:37
If you are using clear vB notice system it should be translated (or we are writing about 2 different things). If you are using vB notive system enhanced by vBSEO - then notices are not in clean HTML, but are taken into JavaScript by vBSEO - that is why those are not translated. In this case just go to vBET Misc options and turn on "Translate vBSEO messages in JavaScript". Then it will be translated.

Please give us feedback does it is your solution. If not please write more about vB notice system which you writing about - especially where in Admin CP we can find it.

StarBuG
10-02-10, 17:58
This solved my problem, however the idea is still good.

Remember, I asked you here for how I can display a message to guests who visit my forum in a translated language?

These notice options would make it possible to display a message to them and not to guests that use the native language.

It is not urgend but would still be a nice feature.

Currently I display the above message via conditional hardcoded into my template.

StarBuG

vBET
11-02-10, 20:36
The solution is like you have right now. Just add in template if section with condition checking does language param is set.

We will investigate vB message system and check possibilities to describe such message which will be displayed only on translated page by Admin CP - as I understand it is what you want. Is it?

StarBuG
11-02-10, 23:35
drop down conditions like the others in the notice system e.g. is a member of [Groups]

2 conditions:
- User is not browsing the forum in [LANGUAGE] (drop down for all activated langauges)

kamilkurczak
30-12-10, 16:13
we already made new usergroups in user belongs to usergroup options in notice system. (languages grup)
2 new options for:
1.User belongs to usergroup :[his default language]
2.User does not belong to usergroup :[his default language]

1. display message only to people with language from option
2. not display message only to people with language from option.
It will be included in the next relase.

now, I am working on your idea..

kamilkurczak
05-01-11, 11:06
drop down conditions like the others in the notice system e.g. is a member of [Groups]

2 conditions:
- User is not browsing the forum in [LANGUAGE] (drop down for all activated langauges)

Already done.. will be included in the next relase :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET Translator 4.10.1