PDA

View Full Version : Where do you place your flags for guests?

Michael
22-01-10, 20:30
Where do most people here place their flags for guests? Does the position really matter?

We currently have ours in the footer here:

Teen Forums >> Teen Help | Teen Advice & Support Forums | Teen Chat << (http://www.teenforumz.com/)

but were thinking of moving it to the header or below our guest welcome message.

vBET
23-01-10, 14:59
In my opinion position do matter. It is same like with advertisement - when it is hidden somewhere at the bottom, most people will not ever see it...

Robots of course will see it all. I do not know does robots makes any priorities according to link position.

Michael
23-01-10, 15:01
Thats what I have been thinking, I would like to place the flags high for guest users so they know the forum will translate but I dont want the search engines prioritising the flags as our main content or something like that :D

vBET
23-01-10, 15:03
Thats what I have been thinking, I would like to place the flags high for guest users so they know the forum will translate but I dont want the search engines prioritising the flags as our main content or something like that :D

You can do that by putting all translated URL's in your sitemap with lower priority :)

Michael
23-01-10, 15:05
How do I add translated URLs to the vbseo sitemap and have them on low priority?

vBET
23-01-10, 15:37
We didn't investigate this yet. And it seems that in nearest future we have other priorities.
You can ask vBSEO staff - sitemap generator it is their product and actual integration solution is given by them.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vBET Translator 4.10.1