PDA

View Full Version : Solved VBET not working on Forum or Todays Posts &amp problem & .htaccess

BristarUK
18-01-13, 13:52
I have just installed VBET on my forum direxplorers.com (currently turned off) I have diligently followed all of the instructions including those for VBseo but I cannot get the software to work correctly

firstly:

when changing language for the first time, no translation is made. on investigation it appears that &amp is being inserted into the url instead of an & or ? and so no translation is made. I followed the suggestions in this thread but it did not work correctly and broke other things.

vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-bug-reporting/1416-not-able-change-language-forum-thread.html

I am having exactly the same problem as the person in that thread.

The second issue i've come across is that the .htaccess instructions are slightly vague making it very hard to follow. They say:

JUST BEFORE all rules to vbseo.php put only one of these two types of rules:

But does that mean?

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums)
#RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(sitemap.*\.(xml\.gz|txt))$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1 [L]
HERE?
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !vbseourl=
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !chat or HERE?
RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteRule ^$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=index.php [L]
RewriteRule ^(archive/.*)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>

Having spent 6 hours on this so far I'm not finding it the easiest to integrate to say the least. Any advice would be very very welcome!

PS how are you supposed to post in a support forum if you can't post a url till you have 15 posts?

Marcin Kalak
19-01-13, 12:51
I'm sorry you had to wait for a response.
So the rules are included as standard. You have the modifications .htaccess, so do backup and test it. We are happy to help you.

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums)
#RewriteBase /

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(sitemap.*\.(xml\.gz|txt))$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/ [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !vbseourl=
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !chat
RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteRule ^$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=index.php [L]
RewriteRule ^(archive/.*)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>

Please, you first configure vBET and vBSEO properly. If the first issue persists then you create a new topic.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1