PDA

View Full Version : Solved Solution: No Translations using Azure Translations

arakum
22-11-12, 06:15
So,

After having a fun evening wondering how to go around some problems with the Azure translator:

- The "Safe mode / open_basedir" thing not working
- "microsoft translation No bearer information found in the token"

I wanted to share a couple of fixes.

First, the "No bearer information" shows when you didn't type in the right keys to vbulletin. Thanks to r.dziadusz for this solution

Ok here it is:
1.) Go to : Microsoft Translator | Windows Azure Marketplace
2.) Login/Register
3.) Choose youre subscription:

4.) Go to: datamarket.azure.com/developer/applications/
5.) Click the "REGISTER" button
6.) Fill all required fields and click "CREATE" button.
7. Get the values from ClientID and Secret - bordered-insert it in your admincp:
ClientID -> Microsoft Comercial Translation API key by Azure,
Secret ->Microsoft Comercial Translation API secret by Azure

Then comes the CURL error complaining about the open_basedir and stuff. As many of you know, the safe mode was deprecated recently in php, so if you have a server with a recent version of php this shouldn't even be a problem. However CURL still hasn't been updated for this new change.

So... After tweaking here and there I found a workaround.

Look in the upload/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_class_translator.php for the line that reads

curl_setopt($obj_connection, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

Coment it, save and upload to the right directory. (I found it in line 324, may change on version change) To make it work on the azure test, look for any references to the CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION and comment any line that mentions it, save and try again.

I hope this helps!

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1