PDA

View Full Version : Solved Bugs following upgrade:

moman
18-01-10, 17:03
I'm experiencing the following minor bugs following upgrade to 3.3:

1. You get a 404 error after submitting a new thread in a foreign language (the thread is still submitted, however) (i.e., you are taken to http://www.pentaxforums.com/404.php#post886866) -perhaps there is a missing slash in the redirected URL?

2. Translated forum URLs are screwed up. http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/da/site-suggestions-forum-help/??f=3 is shown when the forum link is clicked, instead of http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/da/site-suggestions-forum-help/

moman
18-01-10, 17:34
Another bug (that was present in 3.2 as well): you get a 404 after trying to make a PayPal paid subscription from a translated page; the forum URL is added to the front of the PayPal API url.

vBET
19-01-10, 20:29
I'm experiencing the following minor bugs following upgrade to 3.3:

1. You get a 404 error after submitting a new thread in a foreign language (the thread is still submitted, however) (i.e., you are taken to Page Not Found - PentaxForums.com (http://www.pentaxforums.com/404.php#post886866)) -perhaps there is a missing slash in the redirected URL?

2. Translated forum URLs are screwed up. PentaxForums.com (http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/da/site-suggestions-forum-help/??f=3) is shown when the forum link is clicked, instead of PentaxForums.com (http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/da/site-suggestions-forum-help/)

1. Can you send us html code of redirecting page?

2. Did you made update in .htaccess? You have to remove index.php from first vBET rule. As I see links are broken only on main page so it can be the reason.

vBET
19-01-10, 20:31
Another bug (that was present in 3.2 as well): you get a 404 after trying to make a PayPal paid subscription from a translated page; the forum URL is added to the front of the PayPal API url.

Please open new thread for this one - it will be much easier to handle issues for us :) And if you can please show us how looks this broken link. Thanks :)

moman
19-01-10, 21:51
1. What do you mean? I can give you a test login, if you'd like to test this behavior from the front end.

2. I believe so. This is my htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|en|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/ [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|en|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

#RULES for pages outside forum directory handled by vBulletin
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ index.php?language=$1&vbet_outside=true [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ $2?language=$1&vbet_outside=true [L,QSA]

#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !vbet_outside=true
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1?vbet_outside=true [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

moman
21-01-10, 22:47
Bump. I'd appreciate help in particular with the first issue as it's probably something trivial.

vBET
21-01-10, 23:50
Please PM me this test account data and tell where I can make test posts/threads.

vBET
21-01-10, 23:58
1. What do you mean? I can give you a test login, if you'd like to test this behavior from the front end.

2. I believe so. This is my htaccess file:

1. Please PM it to me

2.Your .htaccess file is wrong. You have there rules which should be used only outside forum directory (please note that you need separate .htaccess file for this in appropriate directory). Also you didn't ad your forum directory to rules.

Your rules in .htaccess file inside of forum directory should look like this:

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|en|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/ [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|en|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/forums/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

Also - did you set your form directory in vBET main options.

2nd also - I move it to Troubleshooting since it seems to be only configuration issues no bug.

moman
22-01-10, 00:28
The htaccss changed fixed both problem.

vBET
22-01-10, 01:05
Great :) In case of other issues please open new threads :)

Enjoy vBET! :D

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations made by vBET 4.10.1