PDA

View Full Version : Manual translations : How to edit/translate text, that not inside the body page?

basketmen
02-08-12, 06:35
Hi guys

To edit/translate text manually, by choose and clicking Edit button, inside the body page

But how to edit text that not inside the body page, like url, title, description, keywords, etc?
if needed we can edit directly in phpmyadmin too, just let us know which table and how

vBET
02-08-12, 09:30
At this moment manual translations supports only text visible on page. We will add more features for it in the future :)
If you want to edit it in database, then you have it in table which name starts by vbenterprisetranslator_cache_
After that you have in table name language code (to which it is translated). for each langiage you have 3 tables like:

vbenterprisetranslator_cache_pl
vbenterprisetranslator_cache_medium_pl
vbenterprisetranslator_cache_short_pl

Translations are split there according to length of original text.

basketmen
03-10-12, 21:31
Good news guys, i already have a trick to edit/translate the page title, meta description, meta keywords

the trick is very simple, just add/duplicate the page title, meta description, meta keywords, anywhere in the body page too, so we can manually edit it

for example just add below code in showthread template, before the end body code </body>

<if condition="$_REQUEST['language'] AND is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">
$thread[title]<if condition="$pagenumber>1"> - <phrase 1="$pagenumber">$vbphrase[page_x]</phrase></if> - $vboptions[bbtitle]
<br>

<if condition="$pagenumber>1"><phrase 1="$pagenumber">$vbphrase[page_x]</phrase>-</if>$threadinfo[title] $foruminfo[title_clean]
<br>

$threadinfo[title], $vboptions[keywords]
<br>
</if>

and you already able to edit/manual translate the thread title, meta description, meta keywords, in the bottom of your page
thats it i want to share

but i still cant edit/change the url, the url still not translated, if you are using vbseo.
The vbseo variable to calling current page url in template is $_SERVER[VBSEO_URI] (already searching this variable in vbseo.com before (www.vbseo.com/f2/what-code-current-page-url-so-user-can-copy-paste-url-share-54566/))

i tried add this like above trick :

$_SERVER[VBSEO_URI]
<br>

or

http://domain.com/$_SERVER[VBSEO_URI]
<br>

or

http://domain.com/es$_SERVER[VBSEO_URI]
<br>

the variable is working showing current vbseo page url, and i can edit manual it and its saved,
but the thread url in address bar still not changed, already tried reload the page or open the translated url in the body, but still redirect back to the original url

if you have suggestion how to make the url translated/changed, please give clue, to make this perfect

Marcin Kalak
04-10-12, 19:27
Translations URL you did not work out that way, because the URL goes additional transformations that are not taken into account for normal text and the change that comes as a normal text is not find in the cache.
We are working on the improvement proposed by you. Please be patient. We are not able to describe it as a quick fix - among other things because it is still developing.
I thank you for your suggestions, we would have to benefit.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Integration with translations by vBET Translator 4.10.1