PDA

View Full Version : vbet loads

Michael
09-01-10, 15:24
Top Process %CPU 168 /usr/bin/php /home/xxx/public_html/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
Top Process %CPU 81.0 /usr/bin/php /home/xxx/public_html/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
Top Process %CPU 80.0 /usr/bin/php /home/xxx/public_html/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php

When will this improve? I am really unhappy with these loads each day.

vBET
09-01-10, 16:16
vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php is just front controller - it does nothing besides setting some variables and include vbseo.php file.
So when you are using just vBSEO then all your requests are coming by vbseo.php and when you are using additionally vBET then all requests goes by vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php and then by vbseo.php

So this load is not vBET - it is whole your forum. Each request goes by this file, but only translated pages (or including messages in different language) causes additional resources taken by vBET to made translation.

It means that if you feel additional CPU usage than usually, it is because you have new traffic to translated pages. And translation will always cost some more than generation of normal page, because it happens after normal page is generated. Of course you can do several things to make translations less costly - see here for hints:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/243-vbet-performance.html

Also we are making lot of performance improvements which will be included in vBET 3.3.0 :)

Michael
09-01-10, 16:29
Thanks, I wasnt aware of how the file was being used :)

I am really looking forward to 3.3.0

vBET
09-01-10, 21:34
Hope this will be great news for you :)
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-announcements/288-plans-changed-vbet-3-3-0-release.html#post1031

Michael
11-01-10, 00:30
It is, I got a server load email from our semi-dedicated with this:

IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
This is cPanel stats runner on vps.xxx.com!
While processing the log files for user ultimate, the cpu has been
maxed out for more than a 6 hour period. The current load/uptime line on the server at the time of
this email is
23:12:40 up 17 days, 9:08, 0 users, load average: 5.55, 5.96, 6.50

You should check the server to see why the load is so high and take
steps to lower the load. If you want stats to continue to run even with a high load; Edit
/var/cpanel/cpanel.config and change extracpus to a number larger then 0 (run
/usr/local/cpanel/startup afterwards to pickup the changes).

Michael
12-01-10, 16:08
And I keep getting these daily and only when vbet is installed. I am considering removing the paid version due to this as our server really cant handle it and we have only just upgraded from a vps to a 2gb ram semi dedicated :(

vBET
13-01-10, 23:04
As it was announced - this week will be released vBET 3.3.0 with many performance improvement :) Also please check your configuration to provide best one for performance:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/243-vbet-performance.html

We already gave you this information. We are aware of your issue and we even shifted 3.3.0 release to be faster. You do not have to remind us about it :) Please check your configuration and wait for 3.3.0 release :) If you are not able to wait till Sunday, then it is enough to temporary disable mod until update will be done.

Michael
13-01-10, 23:31
I really hope there is an improvement :) Thanks vbet!

vBET
13-01-10, 23:41
I really hope there is an improvement :) Thanks vbet!

Oh yes there is :) Here are improvements which we already made in 3.3.0 (and still have list for next ones for new releases):

New cache system (taking less space, faster for all operations)
Improved translation algorithm
Memory usage optimization (faster arrays release)
Faster translation tracking and flags urls generation
Redirections performance improvement (stopped page evaluation after sending redirect header)
Performance improvement for "Always trust user" strategy for language detection
Performance improvement for new translations (new cache parameter "Stop looking after x failures")
Many little code optimizations
Titles are taken ignoring series
Optimized flags (over 60% smaller files with similar quality)

:)

Michael
13-01-10, 23:46
This sounds great! You may want to put the flag images through this:

www.smushit.com/ysmush.it/

vBET
14-01-10, 00:18
We spend time to improve each flag individually checking how we can decrease number of colors and still have pretty flags :) Result - no one saw that flags was changed on our forum :) See closer now - we are running with optimized images for 2-3 weeks.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Thanks to vBET 4.10.1 you can enjoy automatic translations