PDA

View Full Version : Solved Strange /a/ directory being created before Rewritten Urls

wknightm
25-02-12, 00:20
Hey guys,

Quick question. After enabling VBET4 along with VBSEO urls seem to be rewritten with example.com/forums/a/thread-title.html (I don't want this) but also VBSEO creates the example.com/forums/subforum-name/thread-title.html which is what I want. This essentially creates 2 different pages that Google sees and in my web stats I see keyword traffic to either or. I am certain this is resulting in duplicate content and may be penalized for this in SE's.

So, I disabled VBET and the translate urls stopped being delivered, BUT, oddly the /a/ rewrite is still delivering full pages with content.

I looked in the htaccess and deleted anything related to VBET too. The problem persists.

Is there anything else I can try to make the board stop delivering content to this /a/ rewritten pages?

r.dziadusz
25-02-12, 15:55
Hi!
Can you show me url with an '/a/' <- or this is just lang tag i.e. /de/?

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1