PDA

View Full Version : Solved Since latest upgrade of vbet server reports excessive use of resources by vbet

Simon Lloyd
21-02-12, 14:35
Hi since upgrading to the latest vbet last night the server is now reporting excessive use of resources by vbet
Time: Tue Feb 21 13:02:15 2012 +0000
Account: xxxxxx
Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 65324 > 1800 (seconds)
Executable: /usr/bin/php
Command Line: /usr/bin/php
/xxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/forumz/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
PID: 28614
Killed: Noi'm getting hundreds of these, can someone work on optimising the code or something????

r.dziadusz
23-02-12, 21:07
We are working on optimalization in each rea;ase

Simon Lloyd
24-02-12, 22:51
I understand that but the last release is worse for load than the one previous, it's killing my server!

r.dziadusz
25-02-12, 17:05
We did not make any performance changing updates. We only add new translation provider, with the very same algorith

Also what you see is:

Its not vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php who takes whole your resources - it is whole your forum, because each forum request goes trought vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php which only sets few variables for vbseo.php and includes really requested resource. You set whole your forum traffic to this file by your .htaccess file. So there is no issue with this file at all - this is your whole forum consumption. If more description in this area is needed - please open new thread for it or find already existing. One issue per one thread

Simon Lloyd
27-02-12, 18:16
Could you make the previous version of vbet available for me so i can downgrade and see if the load subsides then please?

r.dziadusz
27-02-12, 19:07
PM sended please check inbox

Simon Lloyd
03-03-12, 08:43
Thanks!, will install that later today and post back tomorrow after viewing sever stats :)

Simon Lloyd
03-03-12, 08:45
Sorry, my site is vb3, i think the package you supplied is for vb4.

r.dziadusz
04-03-12, 21:49
Oh sorry i do it again

Simon Lloyd
20-03-12, 20:33
Ok, i didnt post back straight away as i wanted to be sure but the previous version isn't loading the server half as much as the latest version, do you think the latest version may need looking at to see why? :)

tavenger5
21-03-12, 16:52
It sounds like there is more of a delay because vbet is switching to another translation provider that takes longer to get data from. When it does this http connections are left open (and sometimes time out).

r.dziadusz
21-03-12, 19:22
It may be coused by "Apertium API" which sometimes timeouting becouse of provider internal error, do you tried to turn it of and than check it again

Simon Lloyd
03-04-12, 13:32
No but i will check, thanks.

r.dziadusz
14-04-12, 16:47
As there is no answer I will mark this thread solved, if you still have any questions please fell free to aski I will reopen it

Simon Lloyd
14-05-12, 00:37
I know you've marked this solved but i've been unable to get on your site when trying a few times!
The issue seems to be that vbet is not closing processes properly and leaving lots of them open, Apache then asseses how many child processes it needs and creates them ready pretty soon because of all the calls to vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php and all the processes it's leaving open the load on the server goes up.

I have moved server to a more powerful server and the load still exists, the new hosts say the same as the old one "get your software provider to optimise vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php for the sever and any files that it calls"

I can't keep this up, paying for translations and now £200/month for the server it's killing me, what do i need to do to get vbet to close it's calls on the processes properly?

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages supported by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1