PDA

View Full Version : Solved VBET V4.4.6 creates usergroups?

hmspain
20-02-12, 20:12
I'm running vBulletin 3.8.6 using a customized skin. The only add-ons that are live are:

AME - The Automatic Media Embeder
New Thread Notification
Post Thank You Hack
vBulletin Blog
and our own Webkey Authentication add-in

I carefully followed the installation instructions for V4.4.6 and made it up to the point where I needed to configure it. The system used to have VBET on it successfully, but I had to remove it after encountering this multiple usergroup problem. After the install, the users started to complain that the system was down... the error message (sorry, I don't have it) pointed to VBET, so I disabled VBET figuring I would finish the configure steps and the re-enable it.

At this point, I noticed that additional usergroups were created on my system, one for each language. Wha?

I must be missing something. The last time I tried updating VBET, I ran into the same multiple usergroup issue. It has been several months since VBET worked on my system. Should I contract with you to install it, or am I missing something?

I removed it from my system; everything is again running fine (albiet without VBET).

r.dziadusz
21-02-12, 01:31
At this point, I noticed that additional usergroups were created on my system, one for each language. Wha?

If they are not in separated arrays in your sql, and if it is only one for any language it's ok. vBET creates it in order to group users in same default language. Also if you have any issues during your translation I will be happy to help you and answer every question

hmspain
21-02-12, 17:49
If they are not in separated arrays in your sql, and if it is only one for any language it's ok. vBET creates it in order to group users in same default language. Also if you have any issues during your translation I will be happy to help you and answer every question

One usergroup is created for each language (is this something new? Adding 50 usergroups is not cool); I have no idea what a separated array in sql is; sorry! When I first installed VBET over a year ago, this didn't happen. VBET just installed and worked perfectly. Now I'm having a devil of a time getting it back on the system :-).

r.dziadusz
22-02-12, 20:38
in your admincp -> usegroup look like this:
Default language: Albanian?
Like i said now vBET creates separates user groups . If your forum work slower it could be coused by other things, also, please read this post:
click (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html)

hmspain
22-02-12, 20:59
in your admincp -> usegroup look like this: ?
Like i said now vBET creates separates user groups . If your forum work slower it could be coused by other things, also, please read this post:
click (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html)

So, if my forum supports 50 languages, I can expect to see *50* additional usergroups created?

r.dziadusz
22-02-12, 21:38
Yes you can, but were created to make our product work faster.

hmspain
22-02-12, 22:45
Yes you can, but were created to make our product work faster.

So you created 50+ usergroups on my forum to make VBET run faster?!? but I can delete them, and see VBET run a bit slower?!? ... and they will all just get re-created during the next upgrade?!?

r.dziadusz
23-02-12, 22:13
Yes it will be recreateed in each update.
Also you can try do remove all of them but you need to disable this plugin: userdata_presave and if you want to uninstall vBET you will nedd additional change in:

includes\vbenterprisetranslator_functions_usergroups.php

find line:

function vbet_removeDefaultLanguageGroups() {
and remove all content of this function

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1