PDA

View Full Version : Rejected WRITING in different languages

Smiggy
15-10-09, 00:31
Hi Michal,

You asked me in the other thread to describe this in the Feature Request forum.

See, link again: click (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=154496&highlight=urdu)

With this hack you have the choice if English or Urdu. Select Urdu and you'll actually be typing in Urdu and then you can set it back to English the toggle will then be placed from right to left.

This is something I'd love to see incorporated but I doubt it will happen.

vBET
15-10-09, 00:44
Thanks for request.

I don't know what is Urdu, so I don't understand the issue. Also live demo on forum which I'm not able to understand at all :)

Can you please describe me more what it does?

Also if you are writing in English, please set your default language to English, or set option to not automatically add language BBCodes when write new post. Default language says what is default language for your posts :) You can change it globally in User CP, or for specific new message in editor.

Smiggy
15-10-09, 01:40
Urdu is a language.

If you read the description in that link it will tell you.

It allows you to write or type in Urdu.

vBET
15-10-09, 03:36
But Urdu is not supported by Google translations, so vBET cannot handle it yet, cause such text wouldn't be translated to other languages...

Smiggy
15-10-09, 18:31
That was just an example.

My feature request is if it would be possible for us to write in different languages (real time) instead of writing on one language and then it all gets translated later.

Look at the code for that hack to see what I mean. :)

vBET
16-10-09, 01:54
But you can write in different languages... :) Sorry, but I really don't get your point.

When you write something, you write it in real time. And you can write it in every supported language, and even in several languages in one message. You DON'T have to write in one language :)

Just read this article: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/12-how-does-works-manual-about-multi-language-support.html

Smiggy
17-10-09, 01:56
I think you mean with your hack you can type Polish by using an English keyboard or in the English language and then your hack will translate it.

Is that how it will work?

Or for example will I be able to write in Hindi in the Hindi alphabet and not English. Hindi has it's own alphabet in different characters.

I hope that makes better sense.

vBET
17-10-09, 03:41
When you write in some language you write in this language. Using this language characters. Go to the test messages - those are written in different languages - you can see the original (before translation) - just click the arrow on the right of flag for original language.

Or better look here. The message below is in Japanese - it means that it is written in Japanese - click on the arrow and you will see the original text which was written (I don't know Japanese - it is just copied from Wiki ;))

There are cakes, not alcohol

In test messages area you can also see pots written in other languages - those all was written using their national characters. SO when user from some country will sign up to your forum. He can not only see your forum in his language - he can also write in his language! :D

Smiggy
17-10-09, 14:14
See screenprint, I selected my language Japanese from UserCP --> Edit Your Details.

So, when I start a new thread and type I only see English characters?

Smiggy
19-10-09, 22:59
I am sure this is getting frustrating for you Michal but please see my latest screen.

vBET
20-10-09, 02:24
See screenprint, I selected my language Japanese from UserCP --> Edit Your Details.

So, when I start a new thread and type I only see English characters?

Finally I get your point ;)
Yes - of course you see what you are writing. If you want to see other signs, you have to write other signs - it means change your keyboard settings :)

vBET
20-10-09, 02:26
I am sure this is getting frustrating for you Michal but please see my latest screen.

Frustrating - not at all. I love to hear how I can improve even more vBET :)

Also - I get the point already - please see previous answer.

Smiggy
20-10-09, 20:08
Finally I get your point ;)
Yes - of course you see what you are writing. If you want to see other signs, you have to write other signs - it means change your keyboard settings :)

Oh, I see.

The hack I linked you to allows you to write in both English and Urdu (as an example). This is what I was requesting.

Maybe you should take a look at the code and see if it is possible.

Btw, when will vB 3.0 be released? :D

Smiggy
22-10-09, 17:39
What do you say Michal? :D

vBET
22-10-09, 23:44
Oh, I see.

The hack I linked you to allows you to write in both English and Urdu (as an example). This is what I was requesting.

Maybe you should take a look at the code and see if it is possible.

Btw, when will vB 3.0 be released? :D

I added this thread link on my TODO list :)

Release date - product it is ready and stable. It will be released in no more that 1 month :)

Smiggy
23-10-09, 00:11
I added this thread link on my TODO list :)

Release date - product it is ready and stable. It will be released in no more that 1 month :)

1 month?

Damn!!

Will it be released with that feature?

vBET
23-10-09, 15:18
1 month?

Damn!!

Will it be released with that feature?

vBET 3.0.0 is available from today for some forums which supports this project before (details here: vB Enterprise Translator - Page 48 - vBulletin.org Forum (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1896325)) :)

For sale it will have to wait just a little more :) I really think that it will be available in 2 weeks, but 1 month is something more safe for me to say :)

And this feature will not be included in 3.0.0 - because I want to give you really good and well tested product. Adding new features in hurry is not good idea :) But be calm - vBET have lot of plans which goes to 4.0.0 already :)

Deadl
25-10-09, 18:17
thank you********************....

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages thanks to vBET Translator 4.10.1