PDA

View Full Version : How to saving/frugal money, using paid Google v2 API. Please share your tips and tricks!

basketmen
28-12-11, 20:00
In Google API settings page, i set max 1 M characters perday = its mean i need to pay $20 per day to google, to use google translate. This is ok for me, as i earned more than that per day from ads

so i am trying to make more less money that i need to spend to Google for each day, but still can using google translate. I am still not sure the test result for below idea, so i am asking for official answer, and this community help

- Tips/tricks 1. The more less text characters that translated, the more less money that i need to spend to google

So i am thinking using IF NOT conditional in some area in my forum that not important, in some templates, so google translate no need to translating it, so more less money that i need to spend to Google :

If this area is no need showing in translated page, so no need to translate, is this the conditional? :

<if condition="!isset($_REQUEST['language'])">
Some area that not important, that no need to translate. ie welcome header, announcement, etc
</if>

Nb. I get that code from here http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/1614-vbaffiliate-links-replacement-words-posts-mod.html#post7847

- Tips/tricks 2. No need to translate some forums, that not important

I think currently, vbet is translating all forum, and there is no options for exclude some forums

so i think need this IF NOT conditional, that we need to wrap in the code of these plugins :
'vB Enterprise Translator - Flags'
'vB Enterprise Translator'
'Write guest cache'

if ($GLOBALS['forumid'] != xx) {
the plugin code above that need to wrap
}

Nb. Change xx wih the forum you dont want to exclude from translating

Adminstration note: this tip is wrong - it is not needed at all

- Tips/tricks 3. No need to translate some styles, only translating in a style
for example :
default style domain.com is translated
but domain.com/?styleid=xx is translated again, its mean double page that translated, even have same text content, only different style, its not effective right, why we need translating all styles

so i think need this IF NOT conditional, that we need to wrap in the code of these plugins :
'vB Enterprise Translator - Flags'
'vB Enterprise Translator'
'Write guest cache'

if (STYLEID == xx) {
the plugin code above that need to wrap
}

Nb. Change xx wih the styleid that you want to translating

please share do you think will its work, and if you have other way to saving/frugal money, using paid Google v2 API too

r.dziadusz
03-01-12, 20:15
Hi
vBET made already some basic tutrial: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post10412

The more less text characters that translated, the more less money that i need to spend to google
If you want not to translate some parts of your page you cane use <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA-->. Just put content witch you don't want to be translated in it.
For not translating post you can use [ lang = notranslate]

No need to translate some forums, that not important
We got many questions about that so far. Right now vBET is created in order to support whole forum, but if you've found the way to deal with it it would definately reduce your translations number :)

No need to translate some styles, only translating in a style. Why we translating all styles, that have same text content, only different style
Could you please describe it a bit more :)

basketmen
05-01-12, 18:25
Hi
vBET made already some basic tutrial: FAQ (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post10412)

many thanks for the link

If you want not to translate some parts of your page you cane use <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA-->. Just put content witch you don't want to be translated in it.

i put this in template right?

No need to translate some styles, only translating in a style. Why we translating all styles, that have same text content, only different style
Could you please describe it a bit more
this is maybe secondary problem, its not too important for now, but i explaining it again, and i already make the first post above more clear too for Tips/tricks no.2 and no.3 :

normal page is domain.com, and if translated become domain.com/es/ , its mean one page that translated

normal page in other style is domain.com/?styleid=xx , and if translated become domain.com/es/?styleid=xx , its mean one more page that translated, its not effective, the page that need to translated are doubled

i already used Tips/tricks no.3 above since few months a go, its works

From the FAQ (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post10412) :

4. Do not clear your database cache and disable automatic cleaning
Remember to improve value of cache ttl or even disable it(0) - you can find it here: admincp -> vBET Cache -> Database Cache ->Cache Time To Live (TTL)

About this part,

if we set zero (0) in admincp -> vBET Cache -> Database Cache -> Cache Time To Live (TTL)

is this allowed by microsoft translation and Apertium?

and are we still checklist in 'Cache cleaning details'?

and should we disable scheduled task 'vB Enterprise Translator (Table Cache Cleaner)'?

please share the best settings about this, most of them are using all the translation providers

r.dziadusz
05-01-12, 21:36
Data = translations from Apertium and Microsof Translation API can be stored as long as you wish. If you set Cache clearing strategy to disable you don't need to disable its task. Disabling this option will reduce you number of your translations - each text will once translated will exist in your cache and doesn't need to be translated again- but it will also make you database cache will grow large.
About checklist - you can always decide to run cache cleaning for only some part of languages - i.e. those which are used rarely

basketmen
05-01-12, 22:55
ok thanks

about this, we put this in template right?

and anybody know, how much character limit for Apertium permonth?

basketmen
06-01-12, 21:30
ok i can confirmed Tips/tricks 1 above are working, just put that conditional in template, in area that you dont want to showing in translated pages, for example announcements, post counts, signature, faq, and other parts that not important, so less character that translated

please any one try it too and confirm it too

btw i am still not sure which methode are better, my if conditional, or <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA--> way

r.dziadusz
07-01-12, 12:27
- Tips/tricks 3. No need to translate some styles, only translating in a style
vBET stores in cache only text, so if each of styles uses once translated phrases. There will bo no extra translations of style, just using translated text in styles

btw i am still not sure which methode are better, my if conditional, or <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA--> way
<!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA--> its already implemented, and is easy to use - just edit template you use, put the content that you want to be untranslat beetween tags(<!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA-->) and voila, text still shows, but is not translated:)

basketmen
07-01-12, 12:57
ok using <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA--> = the text still shows, but is not translated

but can you tried using my if conditional in Tips/tricks 1 = the text is not shows in translated pages. Because not showing, its should be not translated too, and maybe better way :

<if condition="!isset($_REQUEST['language'])">
Some area that not important, that no need to translate. ie welcome header, announcement, etc
</if>

r.dziadusz
07-01-12, 19:30
It depends want you want to achieve. Your Tip 1(we haven't tested it yet), if works as you said is more difficult to use, also you have to decide, if you want to show someone untranslated or hide it.

basketmen
07-01-12, 19:43
ok then here are the screenshot for Tips/tricks 1

in normal page
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll284/basketmen/vbetbefore.jpg

in translated page, you can see we can hide user title, post counts, signature, welcome messages, etc, that not really important
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll284/basketmen/vbetafter.jpg

please anyone use it if you need too, we make it better together. I think its not more dificult to use, its same way like <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA-->, just put in the template that we want, only the achive is a little different, i just want to know if this is really working and better

Lord123
24-10-22, 04:29
1. Use the free tier: Many Google API services offer a free tier that allows you to make a certain number of calls or use a certain amount of data for free. Be sure to take advantage of this free tier when possible.

2. Use discounts: Google often offers discounts on its paid API services. Be sure to check for these discounts before you purchase any API service.

3. Use prepaid credits: You can often save money on Google API services by purchasing prepaid credits. This allows you to pay for the service in advance and then use the service as needed.

4. Use the Google Cloud Platform: The Google Cloud Platform provides a variety of discounts and pricing options that can help you save money on Google API services. Be sure to explore the options available to you through the Google Cloud Platform.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1