PDA

View Full Version : Solved Google API1 works not more Google API2

wowglider.de
19-10-11, 15:26
Hi, I'm really very angry.

wowglider.de
19-10-11, 15:30
Super! Works now even here this translate correctly!Original: Hi, I'm really very angry. I've bought me for much money 2 x vBet, so far it went relatively well, now even posts are translated with the API1 and only with credit card, you can pay the API2, I own but no credit card, like most people in Europa.Wie the hell I should now back to the run bring?

wowglider.de
19-10-11, 15:39
This translation SUCKS.

i bought 2 copies of vbet until now, this is much money for me. Until some weeks it was okay, but now there is NO translation anymore, even with API1, i thought okay i install API2 but i can only use it with credit card, here in europe no one has credit cards so i cant use vbet anymore, any help?

vBET
19-10-11, 16:48
Hi. We know - it sucks that Google is not free anymore. Believe us - it is as much important for us if not bigger (because we sell vBET) to have free translations. Still this is not up to us - it is up to 3rd party translation providers.
At this moment you still can use Google v1 and Microsoft API. Booth are still free. Booth has limits. Last release of vBET has even providers queue - so when you reach limit in one provider, then vBET switches to another one. So you can still use free translations.
Google v1 will be closed December 1st 2011.
Microsoft Translation API is free only until March 2012.
We will add soon possibility to use paid Microsoft Translation API (we didn't check yet how there payments are made - feel free to check).

Please address your issue to Google - we cannot do nothing about payments methods in Google v2. Maybe if they will get enough feedback they will add other payment options.
Personally I have something what acts like credit card but I cannot made credit on it. I have no idea how it is named but, outside it is recognized same as credit card. I'm living in Europe and I know people with credit cards, so I can say that those are available. Please ask your bank what possibilities do you have. It is area which is out of our control. We cannot change Google payment methods. We cannot tell you what possibilities you have in your bank.

So at this moment:
- You can still stay with free translations. Those have limits.
- You can adopt to Google v2 payments methods. If you do not use Google v1 it is advised to disable cache cleaner - you do not want to paid over and over again for same translation.

Do you need more help here? :)

wowglider.de
19-10-11, 17:11
I dont need a credit card so i dont buy one just for one service. Google API1 is not working anymore, since weeks now! I will try now microsoft.

wowglider.de
19-10-11, 17:26
Okay, Microsoft worked about 10 minutes, now there is again no translation. If this is not better until tomorrow i want a refund! (my first!)

vBET
19-10-11, 19:18
Hi. Please note that Microsoft has hourly and monthly limits. So if it stopped to work it will soon work again if you didn't reach your monthly limit yet

According to vBET License which is legal agreement between us, you are responsible for having access to translation providers - 3rd parties are out of our influence. So no matter why you have no access - you do not want to pay, you reach limit, your server is blocking outgoing requests, or any other reason is not a reason for refund. Because it is you who is responsible to assure access to translation provider. Here is the part from license agreement:

vBET is using EXTERNAL translation services (translation APIs). Since version 4.4.0 and 3.5.0 vBET is able to use many translation APIs (actually supported: Google and Microsoft® Translation API). You must be allowed to use supported translation APIs which you configure to be used by vBET. SIMPLE Podbielski Michał gives you no refunds in case if your forum is blocked/banned or limited in any other way to any of used Translation Services, even in case if some/all supported translation services will be closed. If you want, you can check on our vBET 2.x free version, does Google Translation Service is accessible for your forum before purchase of vBET 3.x/4.x, but you still will have no right to any refund if your forum access to any Translation Services will be limited in any way during usage of vBET 3.x/4.x. SIMPLE Podbieski Michał is not responsible in any way for any of used Translation Services results or it's performance and accessibility.
And here is link to full License (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/license.php) which is legal agreement between us. So if you will ask for refund in case when you personally agreed that it will be your responsibility and it will be not a case for refund, then according to this what was agreed between us in license we will not refund.

You simply do not have any issue with vBET - you have issue with 3rd party translation providers. And we take no responsibility for that. Just like you would not like to go to prison for crime committed by someone else ;) We simply cannot be responsible for 3rd parties and hope you understand this.
Also - your one license is already expired, 2nd is used 4 months - how you can blame us that Google make changes?... Believe us - we would be most happy if Google would be still free.

This topic can be also helpful for you to understand why API can work from time to time: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/413-faq-2.html#post10869 (basically you reach your limit - you will find some more details there).

Do you need more help here? :)

PS.
Quoted part of license will be changed in a minute - we are closing free vBET versions because Google Translation API v1 will be closed - so there is no sense to mention free vBET 2.x version in license if it will not exists anymore. Detailed changes in license will be described in announcements.

techanalyst
19-10-11, 20:41
Okay, Microsoft worked about 10 minutes, now there is again no translation. If this is not better until tomorrow i want a refund! (my first!)

Welcome to my world :P

vBET
19-10-11, 21:00
Welcome to my world :P

Welcome to Microsoft Translation API world :P

Their limits are not up to vBET - their limits are only up to Microsoft. Google Translation API v2 allows you to set your own limits.

techanalyst
19-10-11, 21:35
Welcome to Microsoft Translation API world :P

Their limits are not up to vBET - their limits are only up to Microsoft. Google Translation API v2 allows you to set your own limits.

Reasonably true as you dont control the third parties, but I would remove the "Free Translations" from product description, or at least word it as "Limited Free Translations".

vBET
20-10-11, 02:32
Reasonably true as you dont control the third parties, but I would remove the "Free Translations" from product description, or at least word it as "Limited Free Translations".

There are still free translation API available (even 2), but of course the information left from better times ;)
Please point where it is written exactly (give us links) so we will be able to update.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Integration with translations by vBET Translator 4.10.1