PDA

View Full Version : Solved Trouble with VBET

Smaug
19-10-11, 01:34
Have been running the translator for some time, I just recently renewed my license. Running vb3.8.3.

This afternoon, my site started to die every few minutes. The issue was my php processes, php-fpm, were dying and not coming back. After checking the php-fpm log file I found that it was terminating each process with an error. I disabled VBET and the system started running very well and remained this way. Next I figured I should clear all cache, which I did, re-enabled vbet and the same result. The system just started dying. At this point I figured I may as well upgrade, so I downloaded the latest version tonight and performed the upgrade.

I checked configuration and had to rechoose the languages I have been translating. Out of the 6 languages I normally translate, only one flag appeared even though all 6 were selected in the config. My php-fpm processes also started dying again.

Nothing changed on my end to cause this today, it just decided to stop working.

Any thoughts or suggestions? As it is now, I cannot enable it without killing my site.

r.dziadusz
19-10-11, 13:41
Hi

After checking the php-fpm log file I found that it was terminating each process with an error.
What error exactly apeared?

Out of the 6 languages I normally translate, only one flag appeared even though all 6 were selected in the config
This is another issue please open new threa, quick I can give you a hint:
Check if the flags that are set in admincp -> vBet -> flags are also set in admincp -> vBET -> Translation Options : Enable translations if not, its won't be shown in your fourm

Smaug
19-10-11, 17:29
Hi

What error exactly apeared?

This is another issue please open new threa, quick I can give you a hint:
Check if the flags that are set in admincp -> vBet -> flags are also set in admincp -> vBET -> Translation Options : Enable translations if not, its won't be shown in your fourm

The error:

Oct 18 21:08:07.722231 [WARNING] [pool www] child 525, script '/var/www/htdocs/wizard/forums/showthread.php' executing too slow (10.007477 sec), logging
Oct 18 21:08:07.722307 [NOTICE] child 525 stopped for tracing
Oct 18 21:08:07.722316 [NOTICE] about to trace 525
Oct 18 21:08:07.722427 [ERROR] ptrace(PEEKDATA) failed: Input/output error (5)

I told you that I set the flags in the config. They don't show. I've been using this software for a year, I know what to configure. Why does this verion create over 100 secondary user groups?

vBET
20-10-11, 13:30
Please note that flags configuration changed in vBET because new languages was added. It was done some time ago, but I do not know from which version you updated. Also please refresh your view in browser - maybe it is only browser cache issue. Please try to use F5 in IE, or use other browser and check how it looks. If flags still are not visible - please open new thread for new issue. Describe it there and us PM access details - we will check the configuration.

This version do not create over 100 groups. It creates 53 groups - one for each language. It was requested by our users. Those groups are automatically managed by vBET. Thanks that you can see statistics about default language usage, send posts only to specific group, set notices only for specific groups... If you need more info about those groups please open new thread. 1 thread = 1 issue.

Going back to the issue. Described issue is new for us so we Google it and according to found information this is related to 504 gateway timeouts and it is configuration issue. Please play with your timeout configuration.

Timeouts happens when you turn on vBET because vBET waits for translation results from translation providers. So this is the part we cannot influence - we just wait for 3rd party results. Google Translation API v1 is about to be closed soon - they already set limits, so it is possible also that it will be slower.

Also please check your configuration for Admin CP -> vBET -> Translation Option -> Delay between translations and make sure it is not too high.

Please use the hints (especially server configuration changes for timeout) and tell do you need more help here.

Smaug
20-10-11, 13:39
Please note that flags configuration changed in vBET because new languages was added. It was done some time ago, but I do not know from which version you updated. Also please refresh your view in browser - maybe it is only browser cache issue. Please try to use F5 in IE, or use other browser and check how it looks. If flags still are not visible - please open new thread for new issue. Describe it there and us PM access details - we will check the configuration.

This version do not create over 100 groups. It creates 53 groups - one for each language. It was requested by our users. Those groups are automatically managed by vBET. Thanks that you can see statistics about default language usage, send posts only to specific group, set notices only for specific groups... If you need more info about those groups please open new thread. 1 thread = 1 issue.

Going back to the issue. Described issue is new for us so we Google it and according to found information this is related to 504 gateway timeouts and it is configuration issue. Please play with your timeout configuration.

Timeouts happens when you turn on vBET because vBET waits for translation results from translation providers. So this is the part we cannot influence - we just wait for 3rd party results. Google Translation API v1 is about to be closed soon - they already set limits, so it is possible also that it will be slower.

Also please check your configuration for Admin CP -> vBET -> Translation Option -> Delay between translations and make sure it is not too high.

Please use the hints (especially server configuration changes for timeout) and tell do you need more help here.

Thanks for the response. Regarding the groups, it created two per language, I actually do have 100+ new groups. I will look into the timeouts.

vBET
20-10-11, 14:22
Please open new thread for groups issue - describe it there and PM me access details to your Admin CP and FTP. I will check it and correct it. It shouldn't be like that - it should be 1 group per one language. So something is wrong.

Smaug
02-11-11, 02:06
Please open new thread for groups issue - describe it there and PM me access details to your Admin CP and FTP. I will check it and correct it. It shouldn't be like that - it should be 1 group per one language. So something is wrong.

I finally have gotten around to re-installation, I used the version up for download today.

I am hitting Microsoft's limit almost immediately. Partial page translations, most not at all. Microsofttest.php will be fine one minute and then display "Test result: "TranslateApiException: AppId is over the quota : ID=3835.V2_Json.Translate.49FC0E39" the very next minute. I only offered 7 languages for translation.

Since this is a BIG board, paying for Google v2 is not practical. I suppose unless someone finds another free way, big sites are out of luck.

vBET
03-11-11, 13:53
Great taht your issue is gone.

About paid services. We know - we would like to have it free too. At this moment we are testing new free translation API - Apertium. It is not so fast like others and supports less language pairs, but it is free. We are also still looking for other services. Not only free. So you will have more options.
Please consider ignoring some pages (maybe member pages, RSS...) - this can be helpfull.

Smaug
03-11-11, 18:07
Great taht your issue is gone.

About paid services. We know - we would like to have it free too. At this moment we are testing new free translation API - Apertium. It is not so fast like others and supports less language pairs, but it is free. We are also still looking for other services. Not only free. So you will have more options.
Please consider ignoring some pages (maybe member pages, RSS...) - this can be helpfull.

I unistalled it and I started receiving a few db errors when viewing who's online. There was still vbet syntax in the query. I had to reinstall to eliminate DB errors. How can I be sure to get the entire modification removed?

If free services become viable, I'll put it back in. For now, I'd like a clean uninstall though.

Thanks

vBET
03-11-11, 22:08
After uninstall you cannot have any vBET hooks working, because those are removed from database by vBulletin itself. It anything left then it is vBulletin fault which is responsible for uninstall.

When you uninstall vBET, please remember also to disable vBET redirection rules from .htaccess. Also in case if you are using vbseo please remove integration code (just upload 2 original files). You can also remove from server vBET files if you want, but this is not necessary.

r.dziadusz
12-11-11, 10:58
Do you have any question about this issue - if yes I will reopen this thread? For new, please open new thread?

Smaug
12-11-11, 17:52
I'd like to be able to cleanly uninstall until a free solution comes about.

vBET
12-11-11, 19:27
Please note that this is NOT advised. If you do not want to use vBET until any new free providers will be available it is advised to just disable vBET. When you uninstall you will loose whole your already cached translations. So it is enough to:
1. Disable vBET in Admin CP
2. Comment vBET rules in .htaccess
3. Undo changes in 2 vbseo files (if integrated)

If you still want to remove please do the same, just in 1st step uninstall instead of disable. You can also remove vBET files from FTP.

Please note that at this moment we are testing Apertium - which is free translation API. It is not too fast and only some language pairs are supported, but it is free. We want to include it in next release which will be at the end of this month.
Also please note that Microsoft Translation API is FREE. And even after March 2012 it is planned to give free access with limit of 2 millions characters per month.

So assuming - we still have free support for 35 languages (all to all) with limit, but we can upraise the limit by using Apertium for some of language pairs. We advice to stay with vBET - free translations are still available. Please remember that you can always just disable those languages which are not supported by Microsoft so you will not have to worry about language pairs supported only by paid Google.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vBET 4.10.1