PDA

View Full Version : Solved Vbulleting 4.7 + VBSEO 3.6

techanalyst
10-10-11, 18:57
Seems like theres a major break here, and the changes requested break URLs saved in google, anyway around this

r.dziadusz
10-10-11, 19:48
What kind of break urls, please show me one of them?
I will try to reproduce this problem in our test forum.

techanalyst
10-10-11, 21:05
I changed to VBSEO_URI, doesnt work etc

basically if it attempts to change or append anything to the end of the url it stops working

techanalyst
10-10-11, 21:08
literally I cant use this plugin basically :P

Its an awesome idea, and id love to make it work, but the second i enable it entire site goes to 500s (internal errors)

r.dziadusz
10-10-11, 21:57
ok have you set options correctly, also have you upload from upload-once folder
vbet-translation-options

techanalyst
10-10-11, 23:30
its a folder under www root with forum

techanalyst
11-10-11, 00:10
the folder is under forum root

vBET
11-10-11, 01:08
Hi.

- Please make sure you made installation correct.
- Also please make sure you made vbseo integration correct.
- Also please make sure that your .htaccess changes was correct (if you are not sure please send us whole .htaccess file and we will check it).
- Also Radek send you question which you didn't answer - did you upload files from uplad-once directory?

You will find whole description in readme.html from vBET package.

Also Radek will install tomorrow vBulletin 4.1.7 first on our test forum and if everything will work then on real forum. If we find any issues with vBulletin 4.1.7 we will let you know and we will work on it immediately. At this moment it seems like you have something wrong in installation, or configuration or vbseo integration. We will help you to make it work :) First please make sure that your installation and integration was correct.

If you are sure that you have everything correct, then please PM access details to Admin CP, FTP and vbseo CP to me or to r.diadusz (Radek will be earlier tomorrow) or booth. We will check on place what is going on :)

techanalyst
11-10-11, 02:34
Im less and less comfortable with whats needed with this mod as I use the follow:

1.) All Dragon Byte Tech Plugins, all installed and all running
2.) WikiVault
3.) VBSEO

I also require specific re-writes because I use Akamai as my CDN

I honestly don't want to modify everything anymore, I don't want my cached links in google to change, I don't want to have to re write all my mods to make them work here man.

Could we just deal out a refund and be done?

techanalyst
11-10-11, 02:34
I did answer, the folder containing the data is under forum route, actually I replied that twice

vBET
11-10-11, 11:38
Im less and less comfortable with whats needed with this mod as I use the follow:

1.) All Dragon Byte Tech Plugins, all installed and all running
2.) WikiVault
3.) VBSEO

I also require specific re-writes because I use Akamai as my CDN

I honestly don't want to modify everything anymore, I don't want my cached links in google to change, I don't want to have to re write all my mods to make them work here man.

Could we just deal out a refund and be done?

Hi.

You do not have to modify everything - it is exactly specified that during integration of vbseo you have to modify 2 vbseo files. Everything else stays untouched. Please tell which part of this integration you do not understand.
You do not have to change your already indexed links by Google - why do you think you have to?
You do not need to re write all your mods to vBET work. vbseo is only plugin you have to integrate if you are using it. Sitemap generator integration is not needed at all - it will work anyway. No other plugins requires file changes and most plugins do not require to be integrated at all (only those who breaks vBulletin architecture and do not use global_complete hook). And even for hooks which are breaking vBulletin architecture you do not have to integrate if you do not want to - you can ignore them in vBET options.

Please tell what you do not understand in integration? - we will help you :) Right now reading your comment I have impression that you even didn't read integration instructions.

There is no any reason for refund and we cannot just refund because user claimed he had issue, which we never saw. This way each software pirate could buy, tell that he has an issue which he will not show and not allow for support, claim for refund and use the product anyway on some other forum. That is why we cannot refund, especially that most probably you don't have issue with vBET just with your installation/integration. Also even in case of bug, vBET team corrects bugs.

Please answer all given questions and if you think you have everything alright and still do not work, please PM access details (Admin CP, FTP, vbseo CP) so we will be able to check it and help you :)

vBET
11-10-11, 11:40
I did answer, the folder containing the data is under forum route, actually I replied that twice

Sorry it was without quote and I wasn't sure what it is about - asked question, or whole installation, or forum directory or what. Thanks for explanation - please see my previous post.

techanalyst
11-10-11, 12:30
I tested one of the changes the instructions had, when I did that the links on the site changed even for standard english, I dont want my links for english to change period, i have followed the instructions but I cannot nor will I make all those changes, also I use vault wiki which I am not going to modify its code, thats just annoying, when they bring an update out Ill have to continue doing the same, with 20+ plugins we just cant sit and break the site to test if it works or not, period.

Accusing a customer of "not reading instructions"? Yes I did, I spent four hours, enabled everything to a T, noticed links from google stopped working, a plugin shouldnt ruin the site, and I cant use 301s because I use Akamai for my cdn so re-writes must be specific

techanalyst
11-10-11, 12:32
There is no FTP, its a dedicated server that only has port 80 open to it, i ftp from a dedicated ftp server

Im not just claiming, I dont want to manipulate my site to the point that the links from a google search stop working, i believe its a fairly valid reason

techanalyst
11-10-11, 13:07
re enabled click a language and see what it does

techanalyst
11-10-11, 13:14
vbnotifications boxes are really messed up as well

techanalyst
11-10-11, 13:42
Czech works, most just stay in english format though

vBET
11-10-11, 14:05
I tested one of the changes the instructions had, when I did that the links on the site changed even for standard english, I dont want my links for english to change period

You cannot do just one change and expect it will work appropriately. You must do WHOLE integration you must fallow ALL integration steps - not just one. Please send us URL which changes after integration and access details so we can check what is going on there.

i have followed the instructions but I cannot nor will I make all those changes

Just before you wrote that you made only one integration step. Here in one sentence you are writing that you made it all and that you will not make it all. So how it really is? Did you make the integration with vbseo or not? Also what stops you to do this - you wrote that you cannot make changes - please check do you have appropriate privileges to files you want to change. If it is not privileges thing please describe why you cannot do those changes - what stops you in progress?

also I use vault wiki which I am not going to modify its code, thats just annoying, when they bring an update out

First change in vault viki is needed for integration only in one special case - if you do not fit there you will not have to change any vault viki files. Also even then you do not have to do it - you can just ignore vault viki in vBET. Please note that this mod requires any integration because vault viki breaks vBulletin architecture - so please address all complains to team which develops vault viki.
Second - what is annoying and what is not is personal thing. Sun can be annoying for you if you decide so. Please note that our role here is to support you in vBET, we are not doing here any coaching, personal changes nor psychotherapy. We are not here to work with your emotions - please focus on vBET issues so we can help you. I understand that for you it is annoying - now please lets focus on issue. To ignore pages for translation in vBET please use option Admin CP -> vBET -> Translation Options -> Ignore URLs. You will find there description how to use it. If you decide to integrate with viki vault then please fallow those instructions: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/1923-vaultwiki-integration.html Please note that those instructions are publically available so you had all those information available before.

Ill have to continue doing the same, with 20+ plugins we just cant sit and break the site to test if it works or not, period.

What are you wiring about? Please point exactly plugins which you think will require code changes and why do you think that it will be needed. You was already informed that only integration which is obligatory is for vbseo if it is used. For most mods there is no required any integration at all. Only those mods which breaks vBulletin architecture can require integration (please complain to mods authors about wrong solutions) and it is also not obligatory - you can just add it to vBET ignored pages. So please point exactly which mods makes you troubles with vBET. Also please note that you can work on test instance so your real forum is unharmed for time of your tests.

Accusing a customer of "not reading instructions"? Yes I did, I spent four hours, enabled everything to a T, noticed links from google stopped working, a plugin shouldnt ruin the site, and I cant use 301s because I use Akamai for my cdn so re-writes must be specific

Please note that you was not accused about anything. You was asked to check it again, also you got my impression based on your statements - like just before you wrote again about some mysterious +20 mods where you will have to mad changes, when you was already informed that it will not be needed probably to most of those if to any. It is clearly described:

Installation of vBET is easy Still integration with other plugins can be tricky. It is because each mod is working in different way and using other hooks. But first of all:
You do NOT have to integrate vBET with all your other mods. Most mods are working fine with vBET without any additional steps.
It is available here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-integration-other-plugins/486-vbet-integration-instructions.html
And I really still have impression that you didn't read integration instructions, because you repeat again about changing code in all your mods what will not happen.
Please take my apologies if it touched you - still this is my impression and I'm even now not sure that you really read it, perhaps we booth have something else in our mind when writing about integration instructions.
We need confirmation that everything was done appropriately (which I'm not sure at all, because you wrote that you made only one step, then that all and in same sentence that you cannot do it all...) before we go to user server. So please confirm that you made whole vbseo integration. Also give exact information about your issue with changed URL (exact URL before, after and access details so we can check the changes).

vBET
11-10-11, 14:06
There is no FTP, its a dedicated server that only has port 80 open to it, i ftp from a dedicated ftp server

Im not just claiming, I dont want to manipulate my site to the point that the links from a google search stop working, i believe its a fairly valid reason

So please PM as access details to your filesystem. You had to upload vBET files some way - I assume you have some browser client to do this.

If everything will be done aright, then none of your existing links will stop working.

vBET
11-10-11, 14:14
re enabled click a language and see what it does

Please:
1. Describe your issues. No guessing -if you want us to help you fast, then please describe your issue.
2. Keep one thread per one issue. If it is something else that not working URLs then please open new thread for it. We will be not able to manage it nor help you if several issues will be split in one thread we will all lost in this. Please keep one issue per one thread
3. Please note that it is advised to use SEO links instead of language= links

vBET
11-10-11, 14:15
vbnotifications boxes are really messed up as well

Please open new thread for new issue and describe exactly the issue (send exact URL where we can see it, if it requires account then PM us access to test account).

techanalyst
11-10-11, 14:18
Its a dedicated server, there is no browser method of uploads, I ssh to the box locally and then ftp to my ftp server

vBET
11-10-11, 14:20
Czech works, most just stay in english format though

Please open new thread for new issue. Shortly here - please check your providers availability (Admin CP -> vBET -> Translation Providers Availability). Providers set limits and if translation provider refuses to send you translation then vBET have no translation to display and displays original text. Please note that vBET caches translations so when already cached it will be displayed even when your limit was reached and provider do not send new translations (please note that limits are periodically not permanent). Also please note that vBET periodically check does provider is available again :) Also please note that when you use Google v2 API you can set your own limits.
If you need more help with this issue please open new thread for it and we will give you more info - here is not place for it, because this thread is about broken links.

techanalyst
11-10-11, 14:30
You cannot do just one change and expect it will work appropriately. You must do WHOLE integration you must fallow ALL integration steps - not just one. Please send us URL which changes after integration and access details so we can check what is going on there.

Just before you wrote that you made only one integration step. Here in one sentence you are writing that you made it all and that you will not make it all. So how it really is? Did you make the integration with vbseo or not? Also what stops you to do this - you wrote that you cannot make changes - please check do you have appropriate privileges to files you want to change. If it is not privileges thing please describe why you cannot do those changes - what stops you in progress?

First change in vault viki is needed for integration only in one special case - if you do not fit there you will not have to change any vault viki files. Also even then you do not have to do it - you can just ignore vault viki in vBET. Please note that this mod requires any integration because vault viki breaks vBulletin architecture - so please address all complains to team which develops vault viki.
Second - what is annoying and what is not is personal thing. Sun can be annoying for you if you decide so. Please note that our role here is to support you in vBET, we are not doing here any coaching, personal changes nor psychotherapy. We are not here to work with your emotions - please focus on vBET issues so we can help you. I understand that for you it is annoying - now please lets focus on issue. To ignore pages for translation in vBET please use option Admin CP -> vBET -> Translation Options -> Ignore URLs. You will find there description how to use it. If you decide to integrate with viki vault then please fallow those instructions: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/1923-vaultwiki-integration.html Please note that those instructions are publically available so you had all those information available before.

What are you wiring about? Please point exactly plugins which you think will require code changes and why do you think that it will be needed. You was already informed that only integration which is obligatory is for vbseo if it is used. For most mods there is no required any integration at all. Only those mods which breaks vBulletin architecture can require integration (please complain to mods authors about wrong solutions) and it is also not obligatory - you can just add it to vBET ignored pages. So please point exactly which mods makes you troubles with vBET. Also please note that you can work on test instance so your real forum is unharmed for time of your tests.

Please note that you was not accused about anything. You was asked to check it again, also you got my impression based on your statements - like just before you wrote again about some mysterious +20 mods where you will have to mad changes, when you was already informed that it will not be needed probably to most of those if to any. It is clearly described:

It is available here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-integration-other-plugins/486-vbet-integration-instructions.html
And I really still have impression that you didn't read integration instructions, because you repeat again about changing code in all your mods what will not happen.
Please take my apologies if it touched you - still this is my impression and I'm even now not sure that you really read it, perhaps we booth have something else in our mind when writing about integration instructions.
We need confirmation that everything was done appropriately (which I'm not sure at all, because you wrote that you made only one step, then that all and in same sentence that you cannot do it all...) before we go to user server. So please confirm that you made whole vbseo integration. Also give exact information about your issue with changed URL (exact URL before, after and access details so we can check the changes).

URLS

PC Gaming | PC Gamers & Steam Gaming (http://forums.techieanalyst.net/forum.php) - For english, now remains the same as to not break links, as I CANNOT USE the 301 redirects due to CDN CName conflicts
PC hry | hraní her na PC a herní Steam (česky) (http://forums.techieanalyst.net/cs/forum.php) - Seems to work, vbnotification shows a bunch of weird code
PC Gaming | PC Gamers & Steam Gaming (Greek) (http://forums.techieanalyst.net/el/forum.php) - Stays English

VBSEO changes - Some steps conflict with specific settings on my Mod Re-writes, Im not replacing vbseo code, VBSEO works perfect atm, im not changing their code, period, doesnt make any sense to me having to require to change code in an app that works, I shouldnt not have to manipulate the code, what happens when I have someone upgrade or apply a patch to that software? I have to go back and do these steps, with all my current plugins I have no need to do any of this.

WikiVault - Has never caused me an issue

norku
11-10-11, 14:46
The vbseo code changes are essential. Without them, and there are only two of them (and a couple of changes to settings in your vbseo cp), Vbet won't work as intended. I have around fifteen mods running on one of my forums and I never had a problem with any of them during the time I was using Vbet. As long as you follow the installation instructions to the letter things will work.

techanalyst
11-10-11, 14:49
So in order to make this work I have to manipulate VBSEO code :P that to me makes no sense, when I upgrade or apply a VBSEO patch ill have to go back and make the changes again, this is a scenario Im working to avoid like a plague

techanalyst
11-10-11, 17:06
Ok.... Reply with Quotes were broke until I disabled this plugin :P

vBET
11-10-11, 20:14
URLS

PC Gaming | PC Gamers & Steam Gaming (http://forums.techieanalyst.net/forum.php) - For english, now remains the same as to not break links, as I CANNOT USE the 301 redirects due to CDN CName conflicts
PC hry | hraní her na PC a herní Steam (česky) (http://forums.techieanalyst.net/cs/forum.php) - Seems to work, vbnotification shows a bunch of weird code
PC Gaming | PC Gamers & Steam Gaming (Greek) (http://forums.techieanalyst.net/el/forum.php) - Stays English

VBSEO changes - Some steps conflict with specific settings on my Mod Re-writes, Im not replacing vbseo code, VBSEO works perfect atm, im not changing their code, period, doesnt make any sense to me having to require to change code in an app that works, I shouldnt not have to manipulate the code, what happens when I have someone upgrade or apply a patch to that software? I have to go back and do these steps, with all my current plugins I have no need to do any of this.

WikiVault - Has never caused me an issue

Hi I already asked you to open new thread for each issue. This is only about broken links and other issues will not be discussed here. We are not able to have several discussions in one place. 1 issue = one thread. Please open new thread for not translated pages which should be translated (I already answered you shortly if you need more please open new thread for this). Also open new thread for vbnotifications (with details - no "bunch of weird code", but exactly what do you mean).

If your installation or integration is not made appropriately then you can have any kind of issues. Until you have vBET appropriately installed and integrated on your forum our answer to your issues is - please use instructions included in readme.html and this forum. You put wrong fuel to your car - what do you expect? That your car will work with water? If you do not want to do it is your choice - you can also say there is no way I will upload to FTP file X - you have right to do this and vBET has right to break. You will not have translated URLs without integration with vbseo. You can have troubles with translated links and redirections. And this is what you personally agree - OK we understand that you agree on that. Just please remember that it is your choice when you will have any issue and that we already gave you solution which you refused. vbseo doesn't work perfect with vBET without integration and that is the reason of integration. So we do not want you to change perfectly working code - we want you to make changes to have it perfectly working.
WikiVault has its own sandbox and do not change anything around. vBET works globally and it influences everything (unless you are using ignoring parameter). We are not here to discuss WikiVault (unless you have issues with integration - then please open new thread). Please stay with the issue - what URLs are broken? Please give us exact examples of broken URLs. For any other issue please open new thread. If you do not have broken URLs then we consider THIS issue as solved. So please - provide us example of broken URL. All links you gave us are not broken.

vBET
11-10-11, 20:20
Ok.... Reply with Quotes were broke until I disabled this plugin :P

NEW THREAD PER NEW ISSUE - since now we will remove each message from this thread which is not about the issue. Just to force you to open new thread for it. It is really needed - trust us, without it we will all have troubles in communication. You already started here at least 4 issues and I asked you several times to open new threads for those. Instead you are trying to add more issues here. Only one issue will be discussed here. For others - please create one new thread per each issue. We will know exactly what we are still working on, what and how was already solved. Can you image your whole forum in one thread? Why are you trying to do such thing here. Just please - please - please - open new thread for each your issue :)

Also please remember to add as many details as you can otherwise you will get nothing more like question (where, URL, example, how to reproduce and so on).

techanalyst
11-10-11, 20:20
Two things:

1.) Integration - Modding the VBSEO has not been required, I run many plugins, vbtube, ALL dragon byte Plugins, vbseo, vaultwiki etc etc, never once did I need to manipulate the physical files, integration doesnt mean code change, it means you have to mod a 3rd party product to meet the requirements of your own, WHICH means when I upgrade VBSEO I need to go back and make the changes again, means more work more down time
2.) Link - They work now but I had to make changes to my URL re-writes for my akamai CDN Services :P again I had to modify a third party to meet a requirement of your plugin

I would but I cant keep breaking my forum to to test a plugin, VBET has already cost me about 6 - 7 hours of down testing and re creating and changing the mix of plugins enabled. Reply with Qoute = Broke, I can go hours without that, vbnotifications = very important, and your support takes to long to get back so I cant spend 6 hours with it on, breaking the forum awaiting a response.

vBET
11-10-11, 20:43
1.) Not relevant. Not at all. And brings us nowhere. Also when you installed vbseo you had to manipulate physical files - .htaccess - still it is not relevant at all here. Also please note that vbseo code changes are forced by vbseo team which refuses to add hooks in their code which would allow to plugin vBET functionality. So please give your complains to vbseo team which by their mod architecture and by their politics (we publically asked them for hooks ant it was refused) - in other words you can thanks vbseo team for that. We realize what code changes means - why are you even write it to us? We already told you - you have full right to refuse integration and to accept potential issues with links and redirects and that you will not have translated URLs. vBET is great software which uses all possibilities to make our users live easier - proof: if you will use vBulletin Friendly URLs instead of vbseo you will have to do NO CHANGES AT ALL. It is because vBulletin made it in great way which allows to expand - vbseo made it in crappy way and they shake their asses in fear every time someone ask them to allow for expansions. Address your complains to vbseo team. This discussion has no sense and takes us nowhere. We are here to help you with your issues - please go back to issue. If issue do not exists anymore we will set it solved.
2.) I do not know your akamai CDN services or where do you have re-writes. I can guess that you have it in .htaccess or in vbseo - what would mean that you had to do it first in third party to meet requirements of other plugins... Please stop it - it doesn't have any sense. Do you have an issue or not? Configuration of your environment is normal administration task. You made it before and you will made it again. And each time you made it to meet some requirements - not for pleasure, so why you act now like you do something extraordinary? It is normal thing to configure your environment. More dependencies more effort and so on... Nice chit chat giving us nothing, so I propose to close it :)

We suggest to use test forum or to disable vBET for waiting time if you have some critical issues which cannot wait. About all other issues - please open new thread per new issue.

Ok - we have confirmation that the issue is solved. If the issue will go back then please write here we will gladly help you :)

techanalyst
11-10-11, 20:56
1.) Not relevant. Not at all. And brings us nowhere. Also when you installed vbseo you had to manipulate physical files - .htaccess - still it is not relevant at all here. Also please note that vbseo code changes are forced by vbseo team which refuses to add hooks in their code which would allow to plugin vBET functionality. So please give your complains to vbseo team which by their mod architecture and by their politics (we publically asked them for hooks ant it was refused) - in other words you can thanks vbseo team for that. We realize what code changes means - why are you even write it to us? We already told you - you have full right to refuse integration and to accept potential issues with links and redirects and that you will not have translated URLs. vBET is great software which uses all possibilities to make our users live easier - proof: if you will use vBulletin Friendly URLs instead of vbseo you will have to do NO CHANGES AT ALL. It is because vBulletin made it in great way which allows to expand - vbseo made it in crappy way and they shake their asses in fear every time someone ask them to allow for expansions. Address your complains to vbseo team. This discussion has no sense and takes us nowhere. We are here to help you with your issues - please go back to issue. If issue do not exists anymore we will set it solved.
2.) I do not know your akamai CDN services or where do you have re-writes. I can guess that you have it in .htaccess or in vbseo - what would mean that you had to do it first in third party to meet requirements of other plugins... Please stop it - it doesn't have any sense. Do you have an issue or not? Configuration of your environment is normal administration task. You made it before and you will made it again. And each time you made it to meet some requirements - not for pleasure, so why you act now like you do something extraordinary? It is normal thing to configure your environment. More dependencies more effort and so on... Nice chit chat giving us nothing, so I propose to close it :)

We suggest to use test forum or to disable vBET for waiting time if you have some critical issues which cannot wait. About all other issues - please open new thread per new issue.

Ok - we have confirmation that the issue is solved. If the issue will go back then please write here we will gladly help you :)

No idea where your from man, but my modifications to htaccess isnt modifying the code of a plugin

I fixed the links issue myself :P there was no help here

vBET
11-10-11, 21:14
There was help here form the very beginning - you wasn't wait an hour for our first reply :) I understand that you solved it without our hits, but still there was help from the very beginning :)

About vbseo code modifications - as you already know you can thanks for those to vbseo team which officially refuses to make their code open for extensions. vBulletin Friendly URL is made in more better way and allows for that - that is why using vBulletin Friendly URL you will have translated URLs without any code modifications. That is simple - poor vbseo solutions means poor integration. Great vBulletin solutions means great integration. vBulletin have official supported and described architecture how to create mods which opens their own hooks (extension points). And many mods really do it. vbseo team refuse to do it in purpose - please send your complains to vbseo team - we already know your opinion and you already know the cause of why you are such frustrated with integration - because vbseo team refused to make their mod extensible :) No matter how many times you will repeat that you would like other solution - it is not up to us and we will change nothing here. Complain to vbseo to make their mod open for extensions. We believe that it also have no sense - their politic here is very strict: afraid everything and change nothing for external ;)

Anyway - we are glad your issue is solved :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations delivered by vBET 4.10.1