PDA

View Full Version : Solved Further explanation for constant use of vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php

Simon Lloyd
02-10-11, 23:02
I raised this issue in another thread of mine and was requested to start a new thread, so here it is

I have further issues, the vbenterprisetranslatot.php is using ALL my cpu time, please check below:
Pid ************Owner Priority CPU % Memory % Command
12493 (Trace) (Kill) thecodec 0 - 104 - 0.5 /usr/bin/php /home/thecodec/public_html/forumz/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
12496 (Trace) (Kill) thecodec 0 - 72.0 - 0.5 /usr/bin/php /home/thecodec/public_html/forumz/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
12495 (Trace) (Kill) thecodec 0 - 67.0 - 0.5 /usr/bin/php /home/thecodec/public_html/forumz/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
12492 (Trace) (Kill) thecodec 0 - 42.0 - 0.6 /usr/bin/php /home/thecodec/public_html/forumz/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
12490 (Trace) (Kill) thecodec 0 - 23.5 - 0.6 /usr/bin/php /home/thecodec/public_html/forumz/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
12484 (Trace) (Kill) thecodec 0 - 11.7 - 0.6 /usr/bin/php /home/thecodec/public_html/forumz/vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php
20732 (Trace) (Kill) mysql 0 - 1.8 - 6.2 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/server.thecodecage.com.pid --skip-external-locking --

I have 4 cpu's and it's killing my site now that it cant get translations!!, i have disabled half of the translations and still have the issue!

Can someone help?
Michaels response:

Please use one thread per one issue. For new issue use other thread. Shortly - its not vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php who takes whole your resources - it is whole your forum, because each forum request goes trought vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php which only sets few variables for vbseo.php and includes really requested resource. You set whole your forum traffic to this file by your .htaccess file. So there is no issue with this file at all - this is your whole forum consumption. If more description in this area is needed - please open new thread for it or find already existing. One issue per one thread Can you explain further because if i disable vbet then that file is still being used, if i change the name of that file the forum cannot be accessed.

vBET
02-10-11, 23:32
As you can see opening the file there is no logic which can consume even 1% of your CPU. This is only front controller (or even just a filter) which allows to integrate vBET links changes (language code) with vbseo. Otherwise vbseo would use redirects on vBET links. So all traffic on your forum comes by the file. The file only sets few variables required by vbseo and then includes vbseo.php itself.

So if you would use vBulletin with vbseo and without vBET then you would see that all your requests goes through vbseo.php which is front controller for vbseo. When you use vBET also then we add only little filter before vbseo.php front controller, which is required for integration. So results which you see it is not how many resources takes the file, but how many resources takes request which comes trough the file. And each request is coming trough it, because vbseo requires that all requests comes trough vbseo.php

Of course your forum without vBET will take less resources - translation is not for free, but you would still se similar results just with vbseo.php instead the file. This architecture is forced by vbseo. vBET do not use the file at all when used without vbseo.

And when you disabled vBET the file is still used, because you still redirects all your forum requests there by .htaccess. You must comment vBET rules there. But as I just wrote it will not change too much you will see similar thing, just with vbseo.php instead the file, because vbseo requires rules redirecting to vbseo.php file. If you look close enough you can find that vBET rules (for not translated pages) are simply same rules as for vbseo.php just to our filter file.

And rules in .htaccess file are also reason why your forum was not accessible when you changed the file name. You was still redirecting there, but the place wasn't exist anymore.

Please tell do you have more questions in this area :)

Simon Lloyd
03-10-11, 00:05
Thanks for the explanation - got it! :)

You can mark solved now.

vBET
03-10-11, 00:08
Great - marked as solved

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages supported by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1