PDA

View Full Version : Solved Empty translations.

Taurus
01-10-11, 01:00
For some reason, since yesterday I have these random posts which are just empty inside the translated codes. See here:

http://creativx.net/forums/windows-7-themes-light-creator/70209-rt-blue-theme-win-7-creator-3.html#post410301

If you edit the post, the original language is there though.

Thanks.

samm1129
01-10-11, 02:42
looks like everyone experiencing same issue: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/2407-translations-stopped-working.html

r.dziadusz
01-10-11, 09:54
Tourus what kind of api are you using, in your other post i saw that your google test work fine, so it could be coused by other problem but first read carefully this thread: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html, and please think about enabling MS translation API if you haven't done it yet

Taurus
05-10-11, 01:50
I am still using the free google API. Never had any problems like this before.

r.dziadusz
05-10-11, 11:44
Yes but now when free google api is about to be closed, new , more strict, limits are set please read this post about reaching your limit http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post10412, could you please run the test(http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/troubleshooting/6-faq-2.html#post1728) once again an put results here

Also did you just before the problem, change configuration, install new mod or upgrade any software?

Taurus
16-10-11, 04:08
I am at times getting this message from google:

Starting translation test
Test result: {"responseData": null, "responseDetails": "Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see http://code.google.com/apis/errors", "responseStatus": 403}
Test error:
Connection time (ms): 598.891845703

After consulting with them, it is because of the limits they are now applying on the free API. So, where do I go to apply for the paid version? And what else should I do to get it working?

Taurus
16-10-11, 04:44
After switching to the Microsoft API I get this, after only 5 minutes using them!

Starting translation test MS
Test result: "TranslateApiException: AppId is over the quota : ID=3643.V2_Json.Translate.20FA7E63"
Test error:
Connection time (ms): 7.14526367188

r.dziadusz
17-10-11, 07:30
First:
In our latest http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-announcements/2478-vbet-4-4-3-released.html#post10529 we've implemented automatical translation change!
If you are reaching you limits so fast, please make sure that your cache are turned on:

adminCP -> vBET Cache -> Database Cache -> Use database cache : ON

Taurus
17-10-11, 08:12
Cache has always been turned on. This is now a major disaster on my forum. Because both google and Microsoft implements limits, my forum is completely unusable at certain times. If you guys don't come up with a solution to this, vBET will be obsolete.

r.dziadusz
17-10-11, 09:17
We already figured out solution, please check out our latest released.
New vBET will change translations automatically and, even if you reach your limits, it won't show blank pages - just untranslated.
Also please remember we can't change translation limits, which are set by translation providers. Each day we are searching for new free translations API

Taurus
17-10-11, 12:16
Yes well, I am waiting for the latest release. As according to Michal we are to wait. SO I really hope it will be available very soon, as I am loosing more and more members every day.

vBET
17-10-11, 12:47
Also please note that in Google Translation API v2 you can set your limits yourself. Just as Radek wrote - newest vBET version have solution for blocked API by provider - we switch to another and if all limits are reached then dummy translator shows original text. We suppose to release yesterday new version, but because of issues with internet it was rescheduled (I know it is trivial, but it was weekend, on the trip and cellophane internet didn't work as suppose to). This week we will release another version which corrects issue with marking providers as unavailable too often. Last version marks as not available when any error comes from translation provider. This is not necessary - we discovered that Microsoft Translation API sends different communicates for issues like "server too busy", "timeout". For such errors we do not have to consider that limits are reached. So next release will fix it and consider translation provider unavailable only for special messages which clearly says that limit is reached.

Answering you question about paid Google Translation API v2. Please just go to Admin CP -> vBET -> Translation Providers and you will find there description how to start with Google Translation API v2 (there is link and explanation how to get API key). Please remember that v2 is paid so you can consider to check the limits, maybe remove some languages, and ignore some pages to make it cheaper. The prices are controlled by Google so we cannot change it.

Do you need more help here? :)

Taurus
19-10-11, 00:56
I just hope that I will be able to use the new version with the free API's! I don't have a problem with going to paid but google needs a credit card for that, and I live and work in China, and they do not accept any Chinese credit card for payment. So I am screwed. I tried to find out about microsoft paid API, but could not find out where to apply for that.

vBET
19-10-11, 21:15
The next releases will still support Google Translation API v1 (as long as it exists) and free Microsoft Translation API (as long as it exists).
If you have questions about payments for Microsoft Translation API please ask here: mtcont@microsoft.com

According to information which we got from Microsoft after 30 March 2012 anyone will be forced to use paid version of Microsoft Translation API EVEN if you will use only 2 millions free characters/month. That means that Microsoft will be still free for this quota. Still it will be necessary to use Microsoft Azure Marketplace:

When you sign up for the free service at the maximum usage limit of 2 million
characters/month on Windows Azure Marketplace, it will continue month to month,
unless you change to a service that you pay for which will give you a higher
volume/month.

There will be some changes when you move from non-commercial status to the Windows
Azure Marketplace. You are required to move to the Windows Azure Marketplace no
later than March 30, 2012, even if you will be using the free service of 2 million
characters/month. I've included below some addition resources on the Translator API
and Windows Azure Marketplace for your reference.

* Frequently Asked Questions Microsoft Translator API Commercial Announcement- Frequently Asked Questions (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/microsofttranslator/thread/c71aeddd-cc90-4228-93cc-51fb969fde09)

* MSDN documentation link: Microsoft Translator (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd576287.aspx)

* OData API link: Use Datasets in Your Application (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh310379.aspx)

* Official team blog: Microsoft Translator (and Bing Translator) Official Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/translation/)

* Support forums: Machine Translation and Language Tools Category (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/translation)

Taurus
20-10-11, 00:07
Thanks for the info Michal. So people without credit cards will not be able to use google or Microsoft. So therefore vBET will be of no use for me. This is truly the worst news ever!

vBET
20-10-11, 13:38
I'm not sure about Microsoft payments methods now. And of course we have no idea does Google will add new payment methods - this is out of our influence. Please ask Google for more payment methods.

Also according to this information from one of our users: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/feature-requests/2431-please-make-vbet-work-paid-ms-api.html
Microsoft has subscription (not like Google which charges on the fly) - so it should be available to pay with many methods. I understand that Google must be allowed to charge automatically. But Microsoft has just a subscription so it should be allowed to pay by any method (upfront). Please just check it. We will go there after next release of vBET 4.x. At this moment we do not know details yet.

Taurus
21-10-11, 00:45
I just upgraded to 4.4.4 and after 2 minutes I have no Translation providers available. Reached the limit for google and Microsoft. Bot of these require a credit card to go for paid API's, whether you go for a subscription or not. (Microsoft) So now vBET is of no use to me, and I am sure there are many forum owners without credit cards, or that cannot afford paid translations. This is a nightmare!!

vBET
21-10-11, 03:02
If you reached limits then you just have to wait until it is available again. Please note that Microsoft has monthly and hourly limit, so if you didn't reach your monthly limit yet, then you will have new translations soon (vBET checks every 10 minutes does provider is available again).
Google has for sure second limit (we do not know what else).

Please note that Microsoft even after March 2012 will provide API for free with monthly limit of 2 millions characters (now is 4). We have no idea will it be cut or not. At this moment it is known that there will be available free limit.

About prices and payments methods - once again please contact with translation providers - what do you expect us to do about it?... :/
We will add support for more APIs when possible. Still we have no influence on terms of 3rd party translation providers. Please direct issues directly to places where those can be solved.

Taurus
21-10-11, 04:21
About prices and payments methods - once again please contact with translation providers - what do you expect us to do about it?... :/
We will add support for more APIs when possible. Still we have no influence on terms of 3rd party translation providers. Please direct issues directly to places where those can be solved.

I am not blaming you for this Michal, I know it is not your fault. The facts are just that I will not be able to use vBET with free API's! My forum is too big, and the limits are reached within 30 seconds. So what good does that do me? And I already contacted the translation providers. There is no other way to pay. SO again, not your fault, but it renders vBET obsolete for big forums.(If you don't have a credit card) And that is a fact!

vBET
21-10-11, 14:06
As long as you can please stay with vBET - we are looking for other translation providers, market is changing all the time...
Also - if you are not using Google v1 anymore please turn off cache cleaning. Let the cache fill up. I know you have big forum, but assuming that you have it cached maybe free limits will be enough to cover new messages. Also you can set vBET to ignore some pages which you consider are not important for translation. For Example - RSS channels are changing all the time. Maybe you will give up translations on archive... Maybe other places...

Shortly - we encourage you to consider how to still use vBET with new limitations put by 3rd party translation providers. And again - we want to support more.

Do you need more help here? Or can we set the issue as solved?

Taurus
23-10-11, 03:03
I had to disable vBET for now. My entire forum constantly just went into time-outs because of translations that cannot be done. So now I just wait and hope you can find a good solution. I am a member for life my friend, and I know you will find a way.

vBET
23-10-11, 05:55
At this moment we are testing new translation API (please see announcements). Anyway - if translations cannot be done you shouldn't have any timeouts... Something is not right here. When translation cannot be done, then vBET should mark provider as unavailable and check it every 10 minutes does it is available again. Meantime when no providers are available then only cached results are displayed. So any timeout shouldn't happen. Please open new thread for your issue with timeouts and PM access details - we will check what is going on. Maybe you get some different error note from provider and it is no turned of by vBET - that would explain why vBET still tries to use the provider. We can check it only on place.

Actual solution already solves the issue with reached limits. If you have some problem it can be caused by some bug. We have to check it to verify - please open new thread and PM access details.

Taurus
30-01-12, 06:37
I have enabled the latest version of VBET today for the first time again. So can I ask you guys to please guide me on to where to turn off cache cleaning (As per Michal's suggestion in above post) Also what pages can I set not to translate, and how to do that?
At this stage I am using only the free API's from Microsoft and Apertium, but they are used up in like 2 minutes. So for now I need to find a way to just translate new messages. I am also trying to work out a way to use Google's paid API, so hopefully when I have that in place I can use VBET to its fullest again. Thanks.

r.dziadusz
30-01-12, 23:56
Hi
Foru disabling guest cache you can set both settings:

AdminCP -> vBET Cache -> Cache Time To Live (TTL) -> Cache Time To Live (TTL): 0
- you cache data will last forever:)

AdminCP -> vBET Cache -> Cache Time To Live (TTL) ->Cache clearing strategy: Disabled

You can "not transtaling" some pages by filling option):
AdminCP -> vBET Main -> Ignore URLs:

Also you can use: <!--vBET_SNTA--> and <!--vBET_ENTA--> tags. Just put inside it content that you do not want to be translated and voila - it won't be:) - you can easly access templates by AdminCP -> Styles & Templates

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1