PDA

View Full Version : Already done human security check on registration

StarBuG
17-12-09, 05:42
Hi

Like we all know CAPTCHA is no longer save for keeping spam bots out.
The security question that was integrated into vB a while back so far works great for me.

However with vBET all my Questions are translated but the stored answers are german only.

For me it is easy, I just add the English answers.
But for users who use multiple languages they must be made aware so that they don't use this feature.
Otherwise they wont get new users from other countries to register, simply because they can't.

You should at least note that into your install manual. ;)

Suggestions:

Questions like: how much is four plus 7
are still possible cause the answer is a number

just to let you know

vBET
20-12-09, 01:44
Tanks for note :)

Also please note that it was described long time ago (sticky thread in general discussions):
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/79-vbet-hints-best-practices-using-vbet.html#post212

StarBuG
20-12-09, 07:57
You need to put these important information into the readme.

Or make a second file into the zip that explains important things like this.

You can't expect users to search your whole forum and read 10 and more threads to peace together all these information.

Only users that are aware of a problem like this will start looking in the first place ;)

vBET
20-12-09, 17:53
Good point - we will add link to article in readme.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1