PDA

View Full Version : Solved How to edit a translation?

Yahoraenespanol
14-12-09, 22:21
Hi there.

Thanks for the plugin; we installed it for a client and it's really impressive! I have two questions, though:

1. Is there a way to remove the flag graphics but maintain the language for translation/on the selection menu? My client's partners are mostly in the Americas and Africa rather than Europe, so the flags are not very applicable.

2. Once we post (say in English) and the post is translated, how do you edit the translation, say to correct a translation error? When we view in a second language (e.g., Spanish), clicking edit still gives the English post.

Thanks!

Yahoraenespanol
14-12-09, 22:40
Followups to #2: If you edit the post in the original language, does VBET re-translate the post?

And if you can't edit the (in my example, Spanish) translation, but post a reply in the Spanish forum with the corrections, can you prevent *that* reply from being translated into the other languages (in this example, English)?

Thanks!

vBET
15-12-09, 02:28
Hi there.

Thanks for the plugin; we installed it for a client and it's really impressive! I have two questions, though:

1. Is there a way to remove the flag graphics but maintain the language for translation/on the selection menu? My client's partners are mostly in the Americas and Africa rather than Europe, so the flags are not very applicable.

2. Once we post (say in English) and the post is translated, how do you edit the translation, say to correct a translation error? When we view in a second language (e.g., Spanish), clicking edit still gives the English post.

Thanks!

1. At this moment flags generation is hardcoded. If you are using only drop down menu you could change flags to empty images (1x1 transparent pixel) so those would be not visible. Also you can always go into code and change it , but in such case you will have to manage this after each update.

2. You are not allowed to change any translation - this is Google TOS and we do not support functionalities which breaks Google Terms of Service. Sorry... If TOS will change we will support such functionality. At this moment it would be breaking Google rules.

vBET
15-12-09, 02:32
Followups to #2: If you edit the post in the original language, does VBET re-translate the post?

And if you can't edit the (in my example, Spanish) translation, but post a reply in the Spanish forum with the corrections, can you prevent *that* reply from being translated into the other languages (in this example, English)?

Thanks!

vBET always gives you translation of actual content of posts. If post changes then translation changes - you can check it :)

If you post your message then it can be always saw in all supported languages. Please note that you can always see the original message (just click down arrow) and if yo are looking on translation in same language as post, then only original text is shown marked that it was not translated since it is already in this language - you can also check it :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1