PDA

View Full Version : Solved Translated forum links showing 404 errors

texans
18-07-11, 18:02
I've got through this install process several times now and I can't seem to fix these 404 errors.

Problem: Translated forum links are creating 404 errors (index and thread urls seem to work)

URL: phoneforum.com/forums/

Friendly URLS: I'm using Mode Rewrite Friendly URLs - Canonical URL Strict

vBet Main: Forum Directorys /forums

My Forum htaccess is as follows

# Author: Matty Asia
# Version 1.6

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteBase /forums/

### THIS IS A LITTLE EXTRA SECURITY AND CAN BE REMOVED

RewriteRule ^includes/(.*) index.php
RewriteRule ^vb/(.*) index.php
RewriteRule ^packages/(.*) index.php

### THIS IS THE ACTUAL REWRITE

RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|hy|az|eu|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|ka|de|el|ht|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|ur|vi|cy|yi)/archive/index.php/(.*)?$ archive/index.php?/$2&language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|hy|az|eu|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|ka|de|el|ht|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|ur|vi|cy|yi)/$ index.php?language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|hy|az|eu|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|ka|de|el|ht|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|ur|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ $2?language=$1 [QSA]

RewriteRule ^threads/([0-9]+)(?:/?$|(?:-[^/]+))(?:/?$|(?:/page([0-9]+)?)) showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^members/([0-9]+) member.php?u=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^forums/([0-9]+)(?:/?$|(?:-[^/]+))(?:/?$|(?:/page([0-9]+)?)) forumdisplay.php?f=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^blogs/([0-9]+)(?:/?$|(?:-[^/]+))(?:/?$|(?:/page([0-9]+)?)) blog.php?u=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^entries/([0-9]+)(?:/?$|(?:-[^/]+))(?:/?$|(?:/page([0-9]+)?)) entry.php?b=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^list/([^/]*/)([0-9]+) list.php?r=$1$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^content/(.*) content.php?r=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^widget/config/([0-9]+) widget.php?r=config/$1&%{QUERY_STRING}

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

TIA!

vBET
19-07-11, 00:58
As I see right now it is working well. Do you still have issue or it is fixed already?

Please tell do you still need help and if yes, then please give page URL where the issue exists.

texans
19-07-11, 02:42
Thanks for the reply!

No, it is still not working correctly. The index page and threads work but the individual forum category links don't.

ex: phoneforum.com/forums/da/36-Canadiske-Wireless-Carriers

One thing I notice versus this forum is that my actual forum category links are translated which this forum maintains the english URL even when using a non-english translation.

I feel like this is the issue (I could be wrong) but I'm not sure how to change that.

Thanks again for the reply.

vBET
19-07-11, 17:52
The example you gave is to not existing content - it doesn't work even when not translated:
phoneforum.com/forums/36-Canadiske-Wireless-Carriers

I still cannot see any issue - I was there and I see content is translated well. Please show me URL where I can see it - the one you gave doesn't exists so it cannot be translated...

texans
19-07-11, 18:07
Right, This is the problem exactly.

This is the default forum category referenced in the default English view:
phoneforum.com/forums/forums/36-Canadian-Wireless-Carriers

I referenced what happens when it is translated. The actual link URL gets translated as well and results in a 404.

phoneforum.com/forums/da/36-Canadiske-Wireless-Carriers

The forum category links don't work when translated to any language from English. They all result in 404 error pages. The index and threads do work when translated, just not the forum category links.

vBET
19-07-11, 18:27
OK - now I see the issue. It is only for forum URL not for threads - I was looking in wrong place.

I see the cause of issue links are redirected and 2nd /forums/ is removed from there. Setting:
http://www.phoneforum.com/forums/pl/forums/36-Canadian-operatorów-bezprzewodowych
I'm redirected to:
www.phoneforum.com/forums/pl/36-Canadian-operatorów-bezprzewodowych

I do not know why it happens like that. Maybe you have wrong vBET configuration for forum directory. Or we can try with setting keep directory for it (shouldn't be needed). Please PM me Access details to your Admin CP and FTP - I will check it.

texans
19-07-11, 18:34
Thanks Michal :)

PM Coming

vBET
21-07-11, 22:49
As I wrote you yesterday by PM the issue is because you have double /forums in your URL. vBET removes one of those because it is same as your forum directory and vBET must assure that language code will be AFTER it. So forum directory is removed and then added again in front of URL just before language code. To avoid this and to have your forum links appropriately generated you must use this quick fix after each vBET update (now it is already done on your forum):
1. Open /includes/vbenterprisetrasnlator_functions_url_tracking.php
2. Find:

if (0 === strpos($address, $vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_forumdir'].'/')) {
$address = substr($address, strlen($vbulletin->options['vbenterprisetranslator_forumdir']));
}

3. Remove/comment it.

This will solve issue with wrong URLs generation. Still you have issue with redirection. I'm still working on it.

vBET
21-07-11, 23:16
Any of Access Details you send is not working anymore - I'm not able to finish the job... Please PM appropriate access details so I will be able to continue.

vBET
22-07-11, 12:11
As got info by PM you are planning to change tour /forums/forums links and do not need our support right now. I'm setting this thread as solved. If you will have same issue after your changes please write here. In case of other issues please open one thread per one issue.

texans
24-07-11, 22:35
Right. I don't want to have a hacked up version of this mod (so that I can try to find another fix every update) for a standard vbulletin install that happens to be in a directory called /forums. How can a standard vbulletin install in a directory named /forums not be supported by the default mod? To think that I installed the "stable" version blows my mind.

After a full week of back and forth to get to this point I decided I'd try vbseo since it looks like it seems to work well with vbet. WRONG!

I've found at least 3 bugs with a standard vbseo install and adding vbet on top. I fixed one by browsing the forum and have 2 more that are open.

You don't seem to want to help me via PM. Instead I get to typeout each new issue here again and wait a day between each reply so I can get these fixed as well. Meanwhile all my links in Google go to a blank page. Awesome!

You do realize a customer that pays for the mod and a nonbranded fee doesn't want to spend over 30+ hours and a day between issues to fix what should be standard right? The issue with if it doesn't work we'll fix it is fine but at this pace you aren't considering the value of your customers time. This mod has cost me so damn much in lost productivity on top of the $200 I paid for it that is makes me sick - and I'm still no further along than I started.

It sure seems like a lot of the "solved" problems are more from frustrated customers giving up and not replying to the issue. Why do you think that is?

vBET
26-07-11, 09:07
The answer for first question was already send to you by PM earlier. I do not know why you are asking again. The answer is same - this is very first time when our customer (and we have lot of customers) have forum in subdirectory /forums and additionally creates another virtual directory /forums in URL having/forums/forums This is simple explanation why vBET is not ready right now to support such situation and that is why it breaks. vBET have to parse URLs during translation and it removes /forums set in front of your links to put there language code and add /forums again at front of URL. Situation like /forums/forums is very unusual - we have it first time. I cannot give you other answer for same question, no matter how many times it will be asked - yes your situation is very unusual.

We do not know your issues with vBSEO - this thread is about other issue - please open new thread for new issue if it still exists. We are not able to help with issue we are not informed about.

PM is not used for support. We use PM to obtain access data. Support is by forum. On forum we can manage issue threads, we see full issue history and issues are available for whole our staff. You know this already. Sorry, but I'm not sure why we are discussing it here in public. Why are you informing me that I asked you to write on forum, not by PM. I wrote it to you - I know this. What is your purpose in this post - do you need any help with THIS issue? If yes please describe. If not wit this one - please open new thread for new issue. If there is no issue then great :)

Please note that you was asking us to stop working on this issue and wrote that you will made some big changes on your forum. So we stop working on this just as you asked for. It doesn't mater do you have BF license or not - if you wouldn't have it and ask us to stop working on issue we would listen your ask. I do not understand the point.

Please stick to the point - what help do you need?

Not answered troubleshooting are often solved issues (by PM) about which thread owners doesn't care anymore so those stay without reply. We had lastly 2 posts from users who never wrote for help just wrote that they used old vBET version. It is up to user will he made updates and use bug free versions or use old ones.

texans
26-07-11, 11:12
You do know my issue and you should realize the purpose of the post. Dissatisfaction with your product.

A standard install in the folder /forums is not unusual. I expected your software to work for this situation. I used the vbulletin recommended htaccess which created /forums/forums url structure.

A standard vbseo install is not unusual. I expected your software to work for this situation. I had at least 3 major bugs that result in thousands of blank pages including every single page indexed by Google.

I would like a refund please.

vBET
26-07-11, 23:30
The situation when customer refuses our support is not qualified for refund.

I do not know your issue actual status - you told us to stop working on issue which was already partially solved, because you wanted to made big changes on your forum. So we stop working on it. At this moment I need your description of issue status and green light to start working on it. I even do not know is it still same issue. You PM something about new issue after your changes - we didn't get any new thread opened for new issue. Please open new thread for new issue and we will start working on it.

Once again, because you do not understand the issue cause. It is NOT /forums directory fault - this is very ok. Our own forum uses subdirectory in URL - you can see this here. vBET supports subdirectory in forum URL.
Your issue is because you have double /forums/forums and this is VERY UNUSUAL. This is very first time when we see such situation and it requires our support to made it work appropriately for your forum. This issue affects ONLY your sub-forum pages. All other links (to threads and so on) do not have double /forums/forums) and that is why your whole forum translation is working perfectly except sub-forum pages. And this is why your forum needs our support to have it working perfectly everywhere. It you refuse our support you agree to have those pages not translated. If you want it translated please describe actual status of the issue and PM actual access details.

This thread is not about discussing your vbseo issue - we do not know your vbseo issue. We was working here about something else. Please open new thread for your vbseo issue and we will work on it. We cannot tell why you have vbseo issue without having information about it. We cannot tell is it integration issue, configuration issue, or it is not related to vBET at all. We also cannot refund in situation when customer claims about some not described issue, refusing to open new thread and describe it. Refusing to describe your issue in new thread you refuse to accept our support. Please open new thread for your new issue and we will support you :) Hope this will be solved quickly :)

texans
27-07-11, 00:46
Let me make this clear. I DO NOT WANT A HACKED UP VERSION OF THIS MOD.

This is not what I paid for, and no I don't have a unique situation. I've had two very default situations. This product is not as advertised.

I'll ask again. Please refund my money.

Failure to do so will result in a chargeback.

I really want to use this product but as I've stated before I don't want a hacked up version to make it work. It's not worth the headache when it comes time to upgrade my forum.

vBET
27-07-11, 17:43
And I will repeat again - you have very unusual situation. Having double /forums/forums is not something what you see in every forum. In fact your forum is the only one having such thing which we know about. That is why this situation requires our support to make it fully functional, ad that is why at this moment vBET is working on your forum without translating sub-forums pages ad all other pages are translated well (only sub-forum pages have double /forums/forums in URL).

We offer you free support to make it fully functional. It is your choice to accept it or refuse it. By refusing you decide to have vBET not fully functional on your forum. And we do not refund because user decide to have not full vBET features. It will be fully functional when you accept our support.

If you really want vBET working on your forum - just please accept our support and let us make it fully working on your forum. Also we send you hints about changing your forum configuration and get rid of double /forums/forums form URL (which honestly looks very, very strange). You claim that you want to have vBET functional on your forum, but you refuse to use our support and ignore our hints. This is your decision - we cannot force you to use our support. If you decide to have your sub-forum pages not translated it is up to you. We still offer you free support and fully functional vBET. Refusal of our support do not qualify for refund.

texans
30-07-11, 12:38
I spelled out a perfect timeline of what happened here Michal and you conveniently deleted it as Spam. There was no spam in the post Michal.

Classy.

There is obviously a huge language comprehension gap here which I find very ironic.

Hacked = Modified - As in I don't want a highly modified version of this script as it is too hard to upgrade.

I said nothing about you or anyone else hacking my forum.

There is also an issue of you reading what is convenient for you and disregarding the rest. Unfortunate for your customers.

Hopefully you'll understand my post wasn't spam so I'll add it again below. ;)

vBET
30-07-11, 13:33
It was SPAM and SCAM that is why it is removed. You simply repeated all information which are included in this thread + wrote false information about how it goes (please look our private messages if you need to remind how it goes). Neither SPAM nor SCAM is not allowed on this forum and I do not know any forum where administration agree on it.

There was no requires any high modifications in vBET. I think you get it all out of proportion. At the time when we was working on the issue you got information about one simple modification - 3 lines of code to remove in one place (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/2155-translated-forum-links-showing-404-errors.html#post9519). Also the issue here is not because of modification, but because you was angry that you had to open new ticked for new issue (you was asked to not write in PM but in new thread). And instead you wrote here on old thread acting like we abandon you, after you told us to stop working on the issue. What made me confused at the beginning because I really wasn’t sure is it still old issue or because of new one because you was writing here. Please stick to the point. If you need support with this issue - please write about its actual status on this thread. If you have problems with something else - please open new thread for it so we will know the issue is really about. If you have any issues with vBSEO - this is not thread about it. Please open new one. Also if the issue is something else why do you still thing that it will require any vBET modifications?

Hope you decide to use our support and allow us to make vBET fully functional on your site. What we will be very glad :)

texans
30-07-11, 13:37
I give up.

vBET
30-07-11, 13:46
You do not have to. We offer you FREE support to have vBET fully functional on your forum :) We did it whole the time. Simply accept it. Of course we cannot force you to use our free support and have vBET fully functional - it is your decision to take it or refuse.

texans
30-07-11, 14:28
As I've told you 10 times now I don't have the TIME (invested over 30 hours now and at a huge loss) nor do I wish to have a heavily modifed version of this software as it is a huge headache when it comes time to update it.

It's as if I haven't stated each of these concerns repeatedly again and again. You only listen to what you what to hear. You're mod didn't work with 2 basic installations and I don't have TIME to hassle with your "support" or a heavily modified software.

Add to that you only hear what is convenient to you and don't understand a lot of basic english and that only adds to the time required to work with you.

You deleted my timeline again which did not have any "spam or scam" as you call it, only facts regarding this issue.

...yes, I'm done. I give up. You win! You have my money.

If anyone want's a cheap unbranded license just PM me.

vBET
30-07-11, 15:00
Please note that when you use our free support you do not have to invest any time - it is our staff who solves the issue. So accepting our free support you don not have to spend any time on the issue. Also I would like to remind you that you didn't have to spend those 30 hours - it was your decision because you refused our support.

Also I feel like it is appropriate to write again (I just wrote it before, but it seems to be not noticed) that it is not clear at this moment does vBET will require any modifications, because you changed your environment and now you have completely different issue with vBSEO - it can be configuration or integration issue. So at this moment we are not even clear do you have any issue with vBET itself or it is issue on other level. We cannot tell it because you refuse our support and only repeat that you have some new issue with vBSEO, which you refused to describe on forum...

We clearly understand each your sentence and see each our sentence. Please accept the fact that refusing of vBET support do not qualify for refund. We will gladly support you and make vBET fully functional on your forum :) You just have to accept our support. We are sorry to hear that you prefer to not use our support, still it is your decision which made vBET not working perfectly on your forum where you have unusual configuration which never happened before on our customers forums.

Yes your last 2 messages included SPAM and SCAM - you was already informed about it and then you simply spammed removed message again. And you was informed again why it was removed. If you didn't check your PM - here is the explanation you already got with as response to your message (with the message itself).

Your answer to remove your SPAM + SCAM message:

I'm just telling the truth Michal. I'm sorry it's not convenient for you. You ask that the people at vbseo allow free discussion but you won't do the same. Hmmm.

Our answer to your claims that it was not SPAM + SCAM:

IT IS NOTHING ABOUT BEING CONVINIENT. Please read whole thread - everything you wrote it is already included there! How you can even tell about not being convenient if we allow to stay it there? We simple to nod allow for duplication - ANY duplication is SPAM. You know this - you have forum since 2002.

Also there is no only true - you wrote FALSE information about how it goes. I simple remind you this by answering the old PM where you can see that you changed password accidentally and apologizes for this - it was not like you wrote that you was angry because you didn't want modifications - at this time no modification was made yet! We will not allow to write FALSE information. I'm not calling it lies, because I assume every people want something good, so I assume that you simply made mistake here.

I don't see it is going anywhere. If you have nothing to add please do not repeat - it will be removed as spam. If you want to add something new - we will be glad to know what it actual status of the issue and offer you our support :)

This thread is about your issue with /forums/forums pages. If you have anything to add about this issue please write free. If you just want to made some public noise - please stop. We are proud that we offer our customer free support. We are proud that we ca offer it also to you. You can have vBET fully functional on your forum if you want. If you don't want to use our support we cannot force you. Still we cannot refund because user decided to not have fully functional vBET and refuse our support.

As now as before - we offer you our free support and fully functional vBET on your forum which have not supported yet configuration (because it happens the very first time that our customer have such configuration). WE will be very happy to support you :)

vBET
31-07-11, 13:14
Thread closed because of lot of SPAM and SCAM + changing thread history with author notes like:

*****Note: You deleted my post again. If you are going to take my money you are going to have to ban me if you don't want me to post my side. ****

To thread author: you do not have to inform us that we removed your SCAM post – we know this perfectly and we even write you each time note asking you to stop what you are doing. Please note that we have full history of our PM messages. Each time when you wrote SCAM we send you back your old PMs giving proofs that you are writing false information and SCAM is not allowed. Once again – please stop doing this. We booth know how it was and all people can read here our public discussion.

We do not want to ban you. You are our customer. Still we will not allow to SCAM nor SPAM. We will gladly support you with your new issue if you accept our support. We will gladly make vBET fully functional on your forum :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translated to other languages supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1