PDA

View Full Version : Solved New user account activation doesn't log the user in

norku
18-06-11, 22:58
I have 'Verify email address in registration' turned on in vbulletin and since I installed Vbet 4.4.0 I've noticed that when a new member clicks on the activation link he is not automatically logged in. This is causing me a problem because these people remain in the 'users awaiting activation' group unless they click around a bit and get a vb message telling them to log in to see the content.

Are you guys aware of anything with vbet which might be causing this? I asked about the problem over at vbulletin and the answer was that either I had a cookie problem or there might be a mod conflict. I used tools.php to see if I needed to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults but they already had the default settings.

I'd be grateful if you could take a look chaps and see whether this might have something to do with Vbet. The problem is costing me members so I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

norku
19-06-11, 12:54
Please delete chaps. I found the cause. It was a different mod.

kamilkurczak
19-06-11, 13:19
ok so it will be closed :)

norku
24-06-11, 12:27
Just for info: the mod was Lancerforhire's 'Paid Registration'. The problem I had was caused by an early beta version of his mod but the latest version (2.0) works perfectly.

kamilkurczak
24-06-11, 18:55
thanks for your confirmation :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Integration with translations by vBET Translator 4.10.1