PDA

View Full Version : Solved Weird E-mails

moman
29-11-09, 21:49
A forum member complained about this:

An example from an e-mail:
Dear Bart,
rparmar has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - The FA Limited Club - in the Pentax SLR Lens Discussion forum of PentaxForums.com. If you want to post a reply, please open the thread by following the link below. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.
This thread is located at:
The FA Limited Club - Page 32 - PentaxForums.com (http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/59538-fa-limited-club-new-post.html)
Here is the message that has just been posted:
<!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->
---Quote (Originally by brecklundin)---
Plus I'm forced into using it because I just shipped the 35ltd off for a 43ltd...a perfectly great copy of the 35ltd and still I could not resist the lure of more silver.
---End Quote---
<!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->I can relate to that! I traded my DA35 for a DA12-24, because it was more important for me to have those focal lengths covered. But I kept the FA43. Though it is less practical than the DA35 I find it fills a special niche.
This may not be the best technical example of the lens in use, especially with the post-processing, but I like it. (And so does the dancer.) FA43 strikes again where the FA77 would have been too close a crop.
Angie Smalis dances Nothing Fields
Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2713/4132227479_8b0ed07095_o.jpg (Angie Smalis dances Nothing Fields on Flickr - Photo Sharing!)
There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
All the best,
PentaxForums.com

Not all the e-mails look like this.
f.i. one for a post by Eaglerapids did not show this.
One for a post by pcarfan did as well.
Perhaps rparmar and pcarfan didn't set their language yet?
Neither did I.

Is this because not everyone has their language set? If so, is there a MySQL query that I can use to set everyone's language to English?

Thanks!

vBET
29-11-09, 23:40
Thanks for note. We already started working to remove vBET comments from emails, but put it back because of other priorities. We will come back to this task to assure that vBET comments are not included in emails.

Cybershaolin
30-11-09, 02:53
Yeah I can confirm this as well. Thanks for taking care of this too vBET.

moman
30-11-09, 08:16
Thanks! Hopefully the upgrade to the bugfix version (I'm assuming 3.3.0) will be relatively painless!

chick
07-12-09, 16:13
I received 800 emails this morning all with

the Username : <!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->Unregistered<!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version

and I just received another 75 emails like this.

I know you explained before but I don't understand why this is happening.

Plus I am getting massive server load notices from my dedicated server.

vBET
10-12-09, 21:57
Thanks! Hopefully the upgrade to the bugfix version (I'm assuming 3.3.0) will be relatively painless!

As always update will be trivial - just upload files and import product file :)

Also 3.3.0 will be not only bug fixing, but also many performance improvements will be included.

vBET
10-12-09, 22:00
I received 800 emails this morning all with

the Username : <!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->Unregistered<!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version

and I just received another 75 emails like this.

I know you explained before but I don't understand why this is happening.

Plus I am getting massive server load notices from my dedicated server.

What is the content of those mails?

About server load - can you determine what causes it? Actual information is not enough - it can be not related with vBET, or it can be caused by more traffic. So if you determine that vBET is guilty please open new thread and give us details :)

Michael
23-01-10, 15:22
I hope this is fixed soon :D

vBET
08-05-10, 11:50
Solved :) Will be included in next release. Mails are updated on low level hook, so should work for all kinds oe mails, but was tested only on subscription to threads.

In case if any other thinks with mails happens please just write here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/bug-reporting/218-e-mail-with-issues.html#post2756

PS.
I think I should appologise that it tooks soo long - it was really trivial to correct. The issue was that first time when I was looking for emails hooks I found what I needed, but tested it in wrong way what holds me then. Sorry - and hope that it was not such unconvinient - now it will dissapear :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations supported by vBET 4.10.1