PDA

View Full Version : Solved Google thinks new urls are for a different site

norku
23-03-11, 08:27
Hi,

I got this from Google today:

URLs not followed
When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL

Google gave the following as an example:
HTTP Error: 301. http://www.xxx.com/forum/ru/f64/xxxx-804/

What do I need to do?

kamilkurczak
23-03-11, 09:15
this is nothing wrong, why?
Links in sitemap should be not translated.
This is good - This is how it should work. Why? Performance.
At this moment generation of 52 times more links for threads can consume lot of time for large forums. Translation of all of those in same time could made it really, really time consuming and generate lot of queries to database.

And this is good for google - as you see, you have a 301 redirect to the page with translated url (HTTP Error: 301).

Google would prefer that the links were translated, but it does not bother them at all.

More here: vBET Integration with other plugins - vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/)

This message from google is for your information. They think that you probably have a bad links in the sitemap, They think that is not good for you and you don't know nothing about that,
but you know - this links are redirected (with 301) to the good form and this is good for google and very good for your site (performance).

vBET don't support translation of url in sitemap.

Also, you can not integrate vBET with sitemap - You will have in sitemaps only links of original threads. Google crawl links translated itself (but it will take longer) and you will have translated urls

norku
23-03-11, 09:47
Hi,

I'm not complaining :) My post has more to do with my lack of knowledge than anything else. My forum is functioning perfectly (thanks to you) and if, as you say, the message from Google is for my information as opposed to being a warning then that's cool.

kamilkurczak
23-03-11, 10:32
if you will have more questions. I will help you:)

norku
23-03-11, 13:00
Thanks Kamil :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations delivered by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1