PDA

View Full Version : Solved Integrating with reviewpost (same as photopost)

moman
18-03-11, 07:49
Hi,

I am trying to integrate vbet with reviewpost. First, I tried simply doing a vBetTranslatePage call on the page output, but that didn't work due to redirection.

I then followed the instructions here, step by step:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/489-vbet-integration-instructions.html#post1795

However, I'm still getting the redirection errors. I've tried this before for photoplog and also wasn't successful. Since my htaccess modifications failed, could you give me some pointers?

Root htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.pentaxforums\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.pentaxforums.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{Script_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?a=$1 [L]

reviewpost htaccess:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.pentaxforums\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !vbseourl=
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /forums/vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&vbseorelpath=../lensreviews/&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

I tried putting the htaccess additions both before and after the vbseo rule, but it had no effect. Any ideas?

kamilkurczak
21-03-11, 22:37
hello

are you sure that this mod use a global_complete and global_start hook?

You can give me an url to the page with this mod and I can install it on my test forum and check.

moman
30-03-11, 19:35
No, it omits the vbulletin hook system entirely and essentially only parses header, headinclude, and footer, then does its own thing.

When I tried doing a manual call to translate the page or followed the front_controller integration instructions, the page just started redirecting infinitely.

The mod is found at reviewpost.com. The majority of the codebase/design is based on photopost pro.

kamilkurczak
03-04-11, 09:58
please check this steps one more time:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet-integration-other-plugins/489-vbet-integration-instructions.html#post1795

secondly, please give me an url to your page with this mod. I will check it.
Is this mod free or not? if free - please give an url to the pack of this mod.

Thanks

moman
05-04-11, 08:12
No, it's not free, but design-wise it uses the same backend as photopost.

I checked again and it looks like I will need to alter the root htaccess as well. Keep in mind that I've tried all of this before to no avail- but I will try again once I have some more free time.

Any other common issues with photopost integration you may know of?

kamilkurczak
06-04-11, 19:12
I am looking for solution for you. If you have any idea and informations, please write here - will be helpfully

moman
09-07-11, 00:09
Ok, I have finally figured this one out. I deviated a bit from the posted instructions, but it worked like a charm:

1. Added this to htaccess:

RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ index.php?language=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ $2?language=$1 [L,QSA]

2. Added this function call to the end of reviewpost execution:

if(@include_once(DIR . '/includes/vbenterprisetranslator_functions_hooks.php'))
{
vbet_global_complete($output);
}

3. edited vbenterprisetranslator_functions_redirect.php and disabled redirection for custom directory:

foreach (explode("\n",$vbulletin->options['vbet_outside_dirs']) AS $folder)
{
$folder = trim($folder);
if (stripos($url, $folder) !== false)
{
return;
}

}

4. to change /da/lensreviews/ to /lensreviews/da/, and to fix flag URLs

added the following function to URL generation:

function vbet_externalConsensus($address, $language)
{
global $vbulletin;
foreach (explode("\n",$vbulletin->options['vbet_outside_dirs']) AS $folder)
{
$folder = trim($folder);
if (stripos($address, $folder) !== false)
{
$address = str_replace(array('/forums/',"/{$_REQUEST['language']}/"),array('/','/'), $address);
return str_replace("/$folder/","/$folder/$language/", $address);
}
}

return false;
}

There is probably a more clever way to do #4, but this worked! I'm very happy, as the review sections get almost 1,000,000 pageviews a month, and translations will drive even more visitors.

Demo: Pentax Anmeldelser - Pentax Lens Anmeldelser og omfattende database (http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/da/)

vBET
09-07-11, 21:39
You answered after long time period for thread which was marked as solved. I didn't realize that the issue was still on. Do you need any more help here or it is finally solved? :)

moman
10-07-11, 21:26
I've finally figured it out! But it might be worth it to make this type of integration easier in future versions of vbet, as I tried all the .htaccess modifications in the FAQ and it did not work.

Currently, in forum threads your URL is /forums/{language code}/content. For folders outside the main directory, the same should apply (i.e. /gallery/{language code}/ instead of /{langauge code}/gallery/) because it will simplify the required htaccess modifications greatly and make integration much easier, especially when the mod already calls global_complete (in this case I am referring to photoplog pro).

vBET
11-07-11, 01:57
Please open new feature request for that :) I see how it will make such integration easier - it wouldn't require changes in main .htaccess file - only in the one from mod directory.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations by vB Enterprise Translator 4.10.1