PDA

View Full Version : Solved How to write in different languages?

Smiggy
09-10-09, 23:01
Hey Michal,

megatr0n here from vB.org.

You said you can change your default language from UserCP? Where?

Plus. you said version 3.0 will enable us to write in different languages? Does this mean we write in English and the thread/post will be translated in our desired language or will the text (we're keying in the post) show in different languages?

I hope that makes sense and roughly when do you expect it'll be released?

vBET
09-10-09, 23:22
User CP -> Edit your details

Write in different languages means 2 things. 1 you can just write in your default language and mod will translate it to anybody no matter what your default language is. 2. You can set parts of message in different languages.

See here for details:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/12-how-does-works-manual-about-multi-language-support.html

About release date... Still working on some issues. Have very long new things to do, but those will wait for nest major release. So right now I want to have nice working this functionality which is already described. This forum will play as another test area for a while.

Also before it will be officially released, beta version will be available for (usernames from www.vbulletin.org):
imported_silkroad, Megatr0n, KrisP, nectons, CareyCrew, ghisirds, vitoreis, dai-kun, cyc , mosz, CThiessen, actolearn, jaconi, andie215, yahoooh, bollie, chick

I think that they get it at least 2 weeks earlier, or maybe 1 month. So they will get another advantage for supporting this project :) Also - this will be good to assure really stable and bug free official release :)

Smiggy
10-10-09, 01:24
So, it won't write in different languages as you're typing?

Like this:

Click (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=154496&highlight=urdu)

vBET
10-10-09, 01:40
So, it won't write in different languages as you're typing?

Like this:

Click (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=154496&highlight=urdu)

No in this way. You tell mod in which language you are writhing. You can tell it setting your default language, or using lang bbcode manually. If you write something in English and tell that it is Arabic it will not became Arabic.

To do what you want you just write in English and go to Arabic translation. Then you will get it in Arabic :)

Smiggy
10-10-09, 02:10
No in this way. You tell mod in which language you are writhing. You can tell it setting your default language, or using lang bbcode manually. If you write something in English and tell that it is Arabic it will not became Arabic.

To do what you want you just write in English and go to Arabic translation. Then you will get it in Arabic :)
Do you think you can install something like this later on? :D

vBET
17-10-09, 03:50
What exactly? Please describe it in Future Requests forum.

nectons
05-11-09, 03:45
I just installed version 3.1 is simply unique!I have one question only. There is the possibility to each post there is the button that says English translation? The translation into the language that the user has defined in the control panel? i.e. designated control panel that is ' Fraud but simultaneously wants to write in English! So the system can interpret the question in English for those who want it!

vBET
05-11-09, 04:28
Right now he can read in one language and write in other. If someone set his default language, then writing message he will see under editor 2 options - one telling that he is writing in his default language, and 2nd to choose to write in forum language.

In 2nd setting user really can write in what language he wants by setting language BBCode manually. But for most users it is enough to know that mod by default will mark their posts as written in their default languages, or they can choose for specific message to not mark it automatically - they are writing in forum language.

Also please note that default user language, does NOT means his native language. It means language in which he wants to write his messages. So if someone want to write in some language he has to set this language as his default - the language he wants to write.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
vBET 4.10.1 gives automatic translations