PDA

View Full Version : New releases

vBET
25-02-11, 18:17
Hi :)

We just released new free versions with just small changes, but we are almost ready to release new paid versions with lot of useful changes :) So for all our paid version users - soon you will have new release :)

meto
06-03-11, 18:51
Is there any ETA on new releases of 4.x?

vBET
06-03-11, 23:45
I'm not familiar with ETA meaning, but I suppose that it is about deadline. This month we will release vBET3.x (next week) - there is lot of changes and it will be in beta stage. Same changes for vBET4.x will be released month later - it is to assure better quality and do not expose all users on potential new bugs under new functionalities. Of course we test changes well, still out users uses different configurations, sewers, other mods and so on, so some things can be visible only on some forums. That is what for beta stage exists in product lifetime - those who wants can use it being warned about young stage of some functionalities. And releasing vBET4.x month later gives us opportunity to potentially release it with some potential issues already solved :)

So answering your question shortly - next week we release vBET3.x and in 1st or 2nd week of next month should be released vBET4.x

Taurus
07-03-11, 02:18
Thanks for the info Michal. Looking forward to the update.

PS: ''ETA" Estimate Time of Arrival....

Lee G
07-03-11, 14:49
Any hints on what to expect with the new features or is it mainly speed and server load being made better

vBET
09-03-11, 00:39
We made several performance improvements. One of frequently asked - support for memory cache :) Also some other performance improvements on algorithm level. All details will be listed in release note.

We will made release today - this day just begun in our country so we will made it in several hours (now is time to sleep ;)). Right now our forum is running on new vBET version :)

meto
09-03-11, 12:18
Can't wait to see memcached in vBET. Can you tell which php extention did you use? Memcache or Memcached?

vBET
09-03-11, 15:34
Can't wait to see memcached in vBET. Can you tell which php extention did you use? Memcache or Memcached?

We are supporting:
- Memcache
- APC
- XCache
- eAccelerator

And it is written in nice way so if something else will be needed it can be easilly added even as quick fix instructions :)

meto
09-03-11, 19:41
I will do that myself probably. I gave up with memcached when I found 4th or 5th instance of cache db usage which could be done with one function - have no need to rewrite it all the way :)

But you did not answer my question - maybe you dont realize that there are two extensions for memcached with and without D at the end:
PECL :: Package :: memcache (http://pecl.php.net/package/memcache)
PECL :: Package :: memcached (http://pecl.php.net/package/memcached)

vBET
09-03-11, 19:55
I will do that myself probably. I gave up with memcached when I found 4th or 5th instance of cache db usage which could be done with one function - have no need to rewrite it all the way :)

But you did not answer my question - maybe you don’t realize that there are two extensions for memcached with and without D at the end:
PECL :: Package :: memcache (http://pecl.php.net/package/memcache)
PECL :: Package :: memcached (http://pecl.php.net/package/memcached)

I do realize that and I did answer your question - I listed all supported now memory caches by vBET and you can clearly find there Memcache. So why are you convinced that I didn't answer your question - what do you need more? :) If you need hint how to support Memcached here it goes:
1. Add in product file additional option for memory cache parameter
2. Import product file
3. Edit file includes/vbenterprisetranslator_class_cache.php
a) Copy class for Memcache
b) Change name in copied class to recognize as Memcached
c) Update body to support Memcached API (our classes are simple adapters this is why you will not have to do any changes in other places)
d) Add new case for your new option value in switch block on the top of the file, to create Memcached adapter object

If you want more specific hints - just please create feature request and Kamil will give you exact hints how to do it with code listings.

meto
09-03-11, 20:44
I do realize that and I did answer your question - I listed all supported now memory caches by vBET and you can clearly find there Memcache. So why are you convinced that I didn't answer your question - what do you need more? :) If you need hint how to support Memcached here it goes:
1. Add in product file additional option for memory cache parameter
2. Import product file
3. Edit file includes/vbenterprisetranslator_class_cache.php
a) Copy class for Memcache
b) Change name in copied class to recognize as Memcached
c) Update body to support Memcached API (our classes are simple adapters this is why you will not have to do any changes in other places)
d) Add new case for your new option value in switch block on the top of the file, to create Memcached adapter object

If you want more specific hints - just please create feature request and Kamil will give you exact hints how to do it with code listings.
Oh, I misunderstood - I thought that you referred to those as software names, not as php modules. No questions there. Is it possible to get some early access to version 4? Or just to include caching engine? Now I'm using my own guest cache with memcached.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Multilingual forum supported by vBET Translator 4.10.1