PDA

View Full Version : To explain Translate forum posts not written in the default forum language

furnivat
11-02-11, 10:36
I am starting to get people posting in Swedish and other languages on my forum, where most of the members only speak English.

Here is what is needed in my opinion to really make VBET work well: If someone posts in Swedish then their original text is added to the forum, but below it is an automatic translation to English. That way English speakers could reply.

Hope to hear if this might be possible. Regards,

On edit: Or does it actually already do this?!

kamilkurczak
11-02-11, 13:21
hello,

If you have a forum in english language (set in vBET->main) this posts should be translated from Swedish to English.
Please notice that user who make a post in Swedish should set in usercp his native language to Swedish.
If this post is saved on your forum in Swedish (without translation), you should edit it and insert content between

Secondly, you can check this options:
admincp->vBET->Misc->Show original text for user.

If still not good - paste here a url to example.
Thanks

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vBET Translator 4.10.1