PDA

View Full Version : Spam

Cybershaolin
24-11-09, 16:13
I think you have some spam problems on your forum. Maybe you should restrict the registration of new members by admin because it looks like you're getting oustider spammers like hell. Many spam messages on the forum. It's sad when you think there are new messages and almost all of them of spams...

vBET
24-11-09, 16:25
Yes, something have to be done. SPAM messages are removed, but still we have to made some additional restrictions.

vBET
24-11-09, 19:20
OK - some steps was made:
- VM blocked until several posts are written
- Same for URL's
- From member info and edit details removed: home page, details
- Signature disabled
- Some IPs blocked

If you find out some new form of SPAM, please note it - we will make our effort to block it.

Cybershaolin
24-11-09, 21:20
Good job vBET. :)

Cybershaolin
07-12-09, 03:18
Spam is back again! :mad: This is very annoying. I really think you should screen your registration users instead of letting them join freely.

Torrento
03-02-10, 17:31
Try the thread allvb.info / modsec. I have my own forum to vBulletin, and I am from this site a couple of mods set and so far everything is quiet, no spammers. Only those who previously registered are moving, but they will gradually go to the bank.

vBET
04-02-10, 08:02
Try the thread allvb.info / modsec. I have my own forum to vBulletin, and I am from this site a couple of mods set and so far everything is quiet, no spammers. Only those who previously registered are moving, but they will gradually go to the bank.

Great thanks for advice :)

Cybershaolin
09-02-10, 03:38
lol Lot of spams here again today!

You know, the best way is validation by admin. This is what I have and used for months and this is the best. No more spam! :D

vBET
10-02-10, 14:12
All cleaned :) We are blocking key words in censorship options each time, so there will be no spam soon, since spammer will get unreadable message.
Validation by admin is really good option, but requires lot of attention and time. We will consider it if spam will appear bigger issue here.

ciacho
18-11-10, 11:38
Very good idea! -

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vBET Translator 4.10.1