PDA

View Full Version : Solved Various language tables keep crashing in database?

Simon Lloyd
29-01-11, 13:12
Hi, it seems that every day i have to repair one or more of the language tables as they keep crashing, usually the medium and short tables.

My details are as follows:
PHP version 5.2.15
Apache version 2.0.63
MySQL version 5.0.91-community
Perl version 5.8.8
Kernel version 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen
VB 3.8.6 PL1

I am on a brand new "out of the box" server.

Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Regards,
Simon

kamilkurczak
31-01-11, 11:22
do you have some e-mails with MySQL error or some notices? Please put content of this e-mails here , If you have

Simon Lloyd
31-01-11, 11:38
Sure, infact one is crashed now here's a very recent one:

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:32:46 +0000 [10:32:46 GMT]
To: webmaster@mysite.com
Subject: vBulletin Database Error!

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.6:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT cache.originaltext as originaltext, cache.translated as translated FROM vb_vbenterprisetranslator_cache_medium_af help, vb_vbenterprisetranslator_cache_medium_af cache WHERE help.originaltext='****--+Register+to+get+rid+of+these+In+Post+ads%21+****--+I%27ve+had+this+annoying+problem+for+sometime.+Upon+closing+Word+at+the+end+of+the+day%2C+it+goest' AND cache.serie=help.serie;

MySQL Error : Table './xxxxx_xxForum/vb_vbenterprisetranslator_cache_medium_af' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Error Number : 145
Request Date : Monday, January 31st 2011 @ 10:32:45 AM
Error Date : Monday, January 31st 2011 @ 10:32:46 AM
Script : http://www.mysite.com/forumz/members-document-properties-formatting/111867-word-2007-crashes-op-exit.html
Referrer :
IP Address : 66.249.72.171
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : and here's an older one i kept to show you:
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:45:02 +0000 [Friday, 28. January 2011 20:45:02 GMT]
To: webmaster@mysite.com
Subject: vBulletin Database Error!

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.6:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT cache.originaltext as originaltext, cache.translated as translated FROM vb_vbenterprisetranslator_cache_short_pt help, vb_vbenterprisetranslator_cache_short_pt cache WHERE help.originaltext='Home' AND cache.serie=help.serie;

MySQL Error : Table './xxxxx_xxForum/vb_vbenterprisetranslator_cache_short_pt' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Error Number : 145
Request Date : Friday, January 28th 2011 @ 08:45:01 PM
Error Date : Friday, January 28th 2011 @ 08:45:02 PM
Script : http://www.mysite.com/forumz/members-excel-vba-programming/157227-agrupamento-de-linhas-com-o-%C3%ADcone-mais-ou-menos-na-primeira-linha.html
Referrer : http://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Fforumz%2Fpt%2Fmembers-excel-vba-programming%2F157227-grouping-rows-plus-minus-icon-first-row.html&rct=j&q=propriedades%20de%20ActiveSheet.Outline%20VB&ei=PSlDTfLjHonqgQeN-rXTAQ&usg=AFQjCNGHzHKrAMzjP2iBan6k3-D5ILST0Q&sig2=bnIurycuiwnuel-9v0nPuw
IP Address : 200.160.96.160
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :
As you can see there isn't one particular fault or language causing the problem, however the language AF shows up quite a lot.

kamilkurczak
01-02-11, 12:14
crach issue - This is a MySQL problem, not vBET issue.
Please try to update your MySQL to the new version or downgrade to a more stable version of MySQL (ask about that your host provider).

We can not do anything about it because it is the MySQL code.
Probably, in your case, MySQL is more sensitive to its erroneous action of the frequent use of tables. Do you use cache for guest? If no - please enable this option. This will result in fewer queries to the database, but not eliminate completely the MySQL error. (Probably you will have fewer such crashes).

Secondly, try to optimize and repair ALL database tables.

Of course, try to upgrade or downgrade you MySQL to the best version.

Simon Lloyd
01-02-11, 13:19
Well, firstly i believe that mysql IS the most stabel version and yes i do use guest cache, if it was mysql that is a problem why is it only the language tables that crash? i have many other tables that are accessed per post or page change but they don't crash.

And i have optimised ALL tables a couple of times!

kamilkurczak
02-02-11, 12:52
We are not able to determine why only the tables have cache bug - it's a question to the MySQL team because, as mentioned previously this is an error mySQL and it does not matter that the other table is OK. For our part, we do not have any more suggestions - Please report to the team responsible for this bug - to MySQL team.

Any attempt to compare the other tables to the cache tables do not have any sense - because this would be just speculation, why only here mysql crashes tables. MySQL team is responsible for the MySQL code, so please - ask about that a MySQL team.

Maybe issue is here because only in this cache tables you have a lot of contents and in another tables not (like only in your forum, on another forums our clients not). Maybe from cache tables data data are frequently removed and from another not. Maybe, but We can't check it - only suggestions.

The only thing we can say is that this is a MySQL error. Please notice that any changes in vBET code will not eliminate this issue.

MySQL engine is responsible for managing tables by SQL. So you need to find a solution in MySQL code. Please ask about that MySQ support.

Thanks.

Youngster
03-02-11, 22:19
Yes kamil has right ,
the issue is from mysql , so try to write to MySQL .

In my opinion You have problem with cache , something cannot be write in MySQL from cache.
Try to upgrade MYSQL to MySQL Database 5.5 , maybe upgrade will help.

Simon Lloyd
05-02-11, 09:23
Yes kamil has right ,
the issue is from mysql , so try to write to MySQL .

In my opinion You have problem with cache , something cannot be write in MySQL from cache.
Try to upgrade MYSQL to MySQL Database 5.5 , maybe upgrade will help.Im glad that you are able to repeat exactly what Kamil said. It is NOT a problem with MySql the problem table is nearly always the af language, you cannot say that it is because if the input and output to mysql is very frequent it will crash!!, my post table is huge, it has 718,000 posts and is accessed by every single user of the forum, surely this is used much more frequently than the language table, MySql copes very well with the post table so anything with lesser input will easily be coped with.

No other tables crash, it is just the language tables.

kamilkurczak
11-02-11, 13:00
Once again, please ask about this issue a MySQL team. This fix will be faster and better.

Simon Lloyd
20-02-11, 10:40
I have had the hosting team look at the databaseMySql produces no other error, they have even repaired, optimised and exported the whole 5gb database then re-imported and still ONLY the language tables crash.

Simon Lloyd
22-02-11, 20:51
Any further help with this?

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Languages translations made by vBET Translator 4.10.1