PDA

View Full Version : Solved vBET Issues - Slow Queries / Apache Threads.

contemptx
12-01-11, 19:55
Hi,

I have been using vBET for sometime now, and everything has been working well,

However recently due to increased traffic levels, vBet is using 2 - 300 outbound connections,

This is causing many Slow Queries to be run, aswell as causing apache to hit its maximum number of threads.

Which is currently set to 256 (which should easily handle something like 10 million hits per day and my traffic is not that high).

my site is: cardshare.tv

I have a powerful enough server (dual quad core, 24gig ram etc..)

The load on the server is very low, so its not a load related issue.

Im running vbulletin 3.8.x

I have also enabled full guest cache & installed other cache instances such as vb optimise & enabled memcache.

-

Hi, Following on from my previous message,

I have just noticed there is an error in vBet Tools -> Cache Cleaner in the admincp.

I think this is related to the script either not detecting I have renamed admin / mod directors (e.g. hard coded) or they are permissions?

Warning: require_once([path]/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/Q96EHJY5xuVvtbN4m8fD/misc.php(1933) : eval()'d code on line 9

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/cardsh/public_html/forum/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cardsh/public_html/forum/Q96EHJY5xuVvtbN4m8fD/misc.php(1933) : eval()'d code on line 9

I have also disabled full guest cache as at the moment it seems to be doing more hard than good.

contemptx
13-01-11, 00:19
Update:

I have managed to optimise the site and installed a few things that have rectifyed things, so things are running fine now.

However the mentioned error stating to the hard coded path error still exists.

Also I think that maybe slow queries could hopefully be optimised further in the future.

mario06
13-01-11, 07:04
Just turn off vBET and reset your server, keep vbet off for a few days and see if your forum is faster.

kamilkurczak
13-01-11, 11:17
I have a list of hints for your - please check it: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/general-discussions/243-vbet-performance.html

What about this second issue? I can't reproduce it on my test forum so can you explain what I should change ( the anme of the folrum/folder etc.?)

contemptx
13-01-11, 21:05
The admincp & modcp folder names and in config.php

kamilkurczak
14-01-11, 10:06
ok , so I will test it today I try to make some conclusion. Thanks

kamilkurczak
14-01-11, 12:00
do you use the admincp forder with other name or not? did you change the name of this folder only in config.php or the name of real folder too?
if yes - try to copy all vBET files from upload/admincp folder into your new folder.

contemptx
19-01-11, 11:00
Yes admincp is named something like: HGUYFhghg78556FJF
This has been updated in config.php

I also made sure to upload any vBet files in /admincp went into the renamed admincp folder.

my admincp folder has been changed since before installing vBet.

kamilkurczak
19-01-11, 11:06
so please try this solution - http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/bug-reporting/1354-cachecleaner.html#post6876
should work now :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations made by vBET 4.10.1