PDA

View Full Version : To explain There should be an option for a user to disable viewing automatic translations

garyopa
26-12-10, 00:07
Title is clear enough.

I run a very large forum, and I have alot of users that can read multiple langs. with no problems, they want to be able to see the original text without any translation, and not having to click down on it.

This is mainly for them in regard to PM's, not really in the threads themselves.

But sadly you can only control this via the whole board, it would be nice if the user could by himself decide via the user control panel, on how it wants to see his PM's displayed, etc.

vBET
29-12-10, 14:14
Do you think it should be just on/off for each user, or specify which languages shouldn't be automatically translated?

Also if global solution is OK, then it can be done by editing template so original text would be visible without any clicking.

garyopa
29-12-10, 19:12
Do you think it should be just on/off for each user, or specify which languages shouldn't be automatically translated?

Also if global solution is OK, then it can be done by editing template so original text would be visible without any clicking.

I don't think a global solution would be OK.

But the user should be able to control if he wants to see automatic translations or not.

I think an on and off is fine, not for each lang. (that seems to complex to me)

But available as setting in the user control panel in their profile.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
vBET 4.10.1 gives automatic translations