PDA

View Full Version : Solved .htaccess issues

scottct1
03-12-10, 04:09
I am running vBulletin 4.1 with vbseo 3.5.2.

I purchase VBT today. :)

Below is my .htaccess file which is working... www dot satelliteguys dot us / htaccess.txt (I can't upload my txt file says there is a permissions error on your server and I can't post urls until I post 15 times.)

I have been unable to get the suggested vbt to work correctly, when I insert it I get an error that says The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. When I try going to my homepage.

Can you please let me know the correct .htaccess so I can get this working? Thanks!

scottct1
03-12-10, 17:35
I ordered the installation service last night. I will let the pro figure it out as I am sure its something simple. :)

kamilkurczak
03-12-10, 19:19
Thats right.
I apologize for our late.

Please send to me by PM your admincp , FTP and vBSEO details.

Now we have a weekend. we'll do it on Monday. Is it right for you? I apologize for the delay.

scottct1
04-12-10, 02:02
PM sent.

Thanks!

vBET
04-12-10, 11:23
This weekend Kamil has free. He will be able to solve it and answer you Monday. Hope this is OK :)

kamilkurczak
06-12-10, 11:08
Because I can't edit your .htaccess file - please replace your .htaccess file with this:

DirectoryIndex cmps_index.php index.php cmps_index.php index.html index.htm

# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
# to disable mod_rewrite functions.
# Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
# the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums/)
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.satelliteguys\.us
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.satelliteguys.us/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap_).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

#************************************************************************--
#RULES for SEO translation links with vBSEO (have to be included before all rules to vbseo.php)
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/ [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php?vbet_lang=$1&redirected=/$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|vbseo_sitemap/|cron)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule $ vbenterprisetranslator_seo.php [L,QSA]

#************************************************************************--
#RULES for pages outside forum directory handled by vBulletin

#Those rules have to be in domain main folder
#RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/$ index.php?language=$1&vbet_outside=true [L,QSA]
#RewriteRule ^/?(af|sq|ar|be|bg|ca|zh-CN|hr|cs|da|nl|en|et|tl|fi|fr|gl|de|el|iw|hi|hu|is|id|ga|it|ja|ko|lv|lt|mk|ms|mt|no|fa|pl|pt|ro|ru|sr|sk|sl|es|sw|sv|zh-TW|th|tr|uk|vi|cy|yi)/(.*)?$ $2?language=$1&vbet_outside=true [L,QSA]

#This rule must be in each directory which have to be supported (without forum directory itself)
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !vbet_outside=true
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1?vbet_outside=true [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|modcp/|cron|vbseo_sitemap)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.satelliteguys.us$

kamilkurczak
06-12-10, 15:44
Done.
-I edited your vbSEO files (integration with vBET)
-I edited your .htaccess (now you have a good rules)
-I have set the necessary options in admincp-vBET and admincp->general settings
-I tested your site and everything (translation forum and links) works good.

Can you test it?
if something does not agree please write here.
If everything is ok Thanks for your cooperation and good luck

scottct1
06-12-10, 17:41
I am having a few issues...

1) If I click on German it translates to German fine. However If I want to go back to English and click the english flag to go back to English and it remains German.

Instead of taking me to satelliteguys.us/en it just takes me back to satelliteguys.us

2) My homepage is cmps_index.php but for some reason it is not loading up like it use to instead index.php is loading. To fix this temporarly I have copies my cmps_index.php to index.php.

3) One of my users reported the following issue... "The first unread post feature seems to be broken. I am going to the first post of threads, instead of new posts."

Please advise.

scottct1
06-12-10, 18:03
More issues...

Going into the AdminCP then to VBT Tools then to Opaque Ignored words I get the following error message.

Warning: require_once([path]/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_ignoredwords.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/admincp/misc.php(2067) : eval()'d code on line 4

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/home/satellit/public_html/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_ignoredwords.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/satellit/public_html/admincp/misc.php(2067) : eval()'d code on line 4

And this from the cache cleaner...

Warning: require_once([path]/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/admincp/misc.php(2067) : eval()'d code on line 9

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/home/satellit/public_html/admincp/vbenterprisetranslator_cachecleaner.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/satellit/public_html/admincp/misc.php(2067) : eval()'d code on line 9

kamilkurczak
06-12-10, 18:16
1) satelliteguys.us/ is good. why not with "/en"? because english is your main forum language and when you click on english flag you have a url to the orginal forum.
Where you see german? if I click on german I have a german translation. If I click on english - I have an english.

If you want to have a faster forum:
You can disable some translations at the begging - when cache will be filled you can add new ones from time to time. Starting with all 52 translations means 52 times more content for users and roots. Some forums can easily handle this, for some it is better to start with few translations.
To do it: go to admincp->vBET->Flags

2) is it work now?
3)Now I have a free time. I will fix it tomorrow. If it is Ok for you.

scottct1
06-12-10, 18:21
1) satelliteguys.us/ is good. why not with "/en"? because english is your main forum language and when you click on english flag you have a url to the orginal forum.
Where you see german? if I click on german I have a german translation. If I click on english - I have an english.

Again IT IS NOT WORKING... If I click on Geman I see German. If I click on English I STILL SEE GERMAN. From German I can click on another flash such as Poland anf see Polish, but again if I click on ENGLISH it does not return me to english!

Another user reported this issue as well and I am wondering if it is a vBulletin 4.1 issue.

If you want to have a faster forum:
The speed it fine, not having a speed issue.

3)Now I have a free time. I will fix it tomorrow. If it is Ok for you.
I would like it fixed as soon as you can since it is causing an issue for my users. This is why I paid for you guys to install it so that it would work correctly.

And what about the error messages I posted and new posts issue.

Thank you!

kamilkurczak
06-12-10, 18:30
ok, I will analyze these errors and fix them tomorrow morning (Polish time). Please do not turn off my access.

EDITED:
About this translation to english. I can see it by IE. I will try to fix it.

scottct1
06-12-10, 18:36
Ok.

I fixed the homepage error we were having, I renamed the cmps_index file to index.php then changed my forum homepage to forum.php. :)

I am Polish but have never been to Poland. The company I work for here in the United States started Polands first cable television company which was called @entertainment. :)

kamilkurczak
06-12-10, 18:39
:) nice to meet you.

About this translation to english. I can see it by IE. I will try to fix it.
Plese fix my admincp view because I can see only the forum settings:) thanks, I will fix it tomorrow.

(Please try to import product.xml file from do-not-upload folder)

scottct1
06-12-10, 18:45
:) nice to meet you.

Plese fix my admincp view because I can see only the forum settings:) All set. :)

kamilkurczak
06-12-10, 18:48
hmm I still see only "Forum Manager" - please test it.

scottct1
06-12-10, 19:05
hmm I still see only "Forum Manager" - please test it.

I tested it and can see and access everything in the admincp... Maybe log out and back in again?

kamilkurczak
06-12-10, 19:15
Did you test in with my test access details? I still see only forum manager. May be you can make a new account for me? If yes, please send this data by PM.
Thanks

scottct1
06-12-10, 19:28
Yes I tested it.

Here is what I see... http://www.satelliteguys.us/images/admincp.jpg

Maybe I am misunderstanding you.

kamilkurczak
07-12-10, 10:26
can you look into this thread?
url: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-troubleshooting/1281-cant-go-back-default-language.html#post6387

which version of path to vB do you use? PL1? if yes please just read a thread form this link and try to update your vB path to PL2.

Please confirm it.

EDITED:
We use on our test forum a 4.0.8 version of vB. I will upgrade it and I will try to reproduce this issue on our test forum.

Please just read a thread form this link and try to update your vB path to PL2.

and I still no have a access to your admincp options (only to forum manager). Please delete actulal account and make a new one for me if you can and still need my help.

scottct1
07-12-10, 15:00
I am using vbulletin 4.1 PL 2.

I have PMed you an alternate login to the admincp. :)

Happy Tuesday!

scottct1
07-12-10, 15:05
I just re-enabled VBT and it did fix the issue of going back to the default language. :)

Broken now are the error messages from both items in the vbt tools menu in the admin cp, and the broken goto the first unread post issue.

I am guessing this is something to do with vbseo, however it was working up until you did the install yesterday.

Thank you!

kamilkurczak
07-12-10, 15:19
So the issue with back to main language is solved now?
I will fix the rest of issues.

scottct1
07-12-10, 15:36
So the issue with back to main language is solved now?
I will fix the rest of issues.

Yes back to main language is solved now. I actually upgraded to PL2 last night. :)

kamilkurczak
07-12-10, 15:48
ok, issue with warnings in admincp (cache cleaner and ignored words) is fixed now.
I updated the two files in admincp folder

kamilkurczak
07-12-10, 16:06
ok.
the second issue: go to the first new post.

I can reproduce it on my test forum so I will fix it without your access to FTP and admincp.

Please make a new thread with this bug (go to first new post) in this section:
vBET4 Bug Reporting - vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-bug-reporting/) and we will fix it on our test forum.

What about vBET? is it work good now? any new issues? Please test it. If not, thanks for good cooperation and enjoy:)

scottct1
07-12-10, 16:15
Except for the first new post bug... everything looks AMAZING. :)

Thank you!

kamilkurczak
07-12-10, 17:09
thanks for confirmation - solved here. now -> the bug with new post

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Integration with translations by vBET Translator 4.10.1