PDA

View Full Version : Solved 2 Bigs issue vBET need to be soved as soon as possible

cevo
30-11-10, 13:11
1. Performance.
I am using the paid version. [YES]
I have reviewed my setting and reconfigured with many scenario. [YES]
I have optimized the mysql using this one http://www.day32.com/MySQL/ [YES]
I have increased the RAM [YES]
I am using vBET's cache+ memcache of VB [YES]

but seems like it still lag my server. See the cpu load from the screen-shot below:

[ADMIN REMOVED BROKEN IMAGE]

I have found that in mysql-slow.log, there are many slow queries (776 occurrences) came from vBET product. As show from following command

$grep "vbenterprisetranslator" /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log |wc
776 170475 3149151

2. Cause Duplicated Title Tag

Before: I using this mod, the duplicated title tag I had was around 1xx-1xxx at most.
After: 5xxx- 1x,xxx or more

As you can see from the screenshot below:
This is really serious issue instead of making your website getting good content and rank, google will punishing any bad website that got too many duplicated title tag. If this problem can't be solved. All those wonderful translation feature mean nothing.

Performance question:

Should I reconfigure these value?
Current value is
HTML size: cutting point= 100,000
HTML size: start cutting = 150,000

mateuszr
30-11-10, 15:24
If we talk about performance, here is a link, you can read and learn about possible optimizations of vBET:

http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html

Notice, that if you use maximum potential of vBET by enabling all 52 languages, you'll have 52 times more content and traffic - hint: to limit count of languages to these most popular.

Duplicated title tag - we'll test it and reply with results soon

vBET
30-11-10, 15:50
Please give some exact examples of queries which are considered as slow ones - with whole MySQL log.

vBET
30-11-10, 18:47
Answering your question about reconfiguration of pointed parameters - do it only if you can check exact generation time before and after changes. You can check it by adding some logs entries and checking how it affects generation time on your server. Without analyzing results, please do not change those parameters.

vBET
30-11-10, 18:58
Unfortunately I cannot see any of images included by you (not loading). Can you please write content of those as text?

We need exact examples URLs to your pages with duplicated title to see what is going on there. I assume that it is translated and as translation result Google gives same text (in example it is some special word like company name which shouldn't/cannot be translated), but I cannot confirm that without URLs to exact pages. Cannot confirm, but expect that vBET is working well here and we have described situation. Please give URLs so we will be able to check it.

Mateusz - please find similar thread where we described how to add translation language into title tag so each translation will be different even if Google translation result will return same text. Find it and please give here link.

cevo
01-12-10, 01:45
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3430/duplicatedtitletag.png
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8096/duplicatedtitletagtotal.png

The text result will be posted soon

vBET
01-12-10, 21:42
Thanks. I do not need text results anymore for this issue. I see what is the cause. You have big issue with URLs redirecting. As I see for same language you have different URLs - this should be redirected to appropriate one. That is why you see this tags duplication.

Please tell did you made any code changes in vBET files? If yes - which one?

Make sure you have appropriate integration with vBSEO!

This one really should be solved fast! So please first let focus on this one. After it is solved please give more details about those slow quries.

vBET
01-12-10, 22:03
I just was on your forum and I see that redirection is working... Are you sure that we are dealing with existing issue? What are dates of recognition of this issues? Please keep in mind that Webmaster Tools shows historical data.

cevo
02-12-10, 07:35
I just was on your forum and I see that redirection is working... Are you sure that we are dealing with existing issue? What are dates of recognition of this issues? Please keep in mind that Webmaster Tools shows historical data.

I have never made any modification in the vBET's code at all.
This problem currently happen right now.
I saw what you see. Google might see the difference link or something.
Really strange

vBET
02-12-10, 09:33
I have never made any modification in the vBET's code at all.
This problem currently happen right now.
I saw what you see. Google might see the difference link or something.
Really strange

Maybe you updated vBSEO recently and did not made full integration immediately. As I wrote right now redirection is working on your forum. So this what you see cannot happen now. Please check it yourself and set 2 different URLs for same thread in same language (one pair from your webmaster tools list) - this should be redirected to appropriate URL, so no duplication of title will appear. Please check it. If it is as I describe, then it is historical issue which doesn't happen anymore (please check dates of issues - webmaster tools always tells when he found out about the issue, and shows historical issues). Is it is OK - then is it solved. As I wrote you this could be caused in example because of vBSEO update without appropriate integration. But I cannot be sure this if issue is already solved.

If it is not - and you will see that it really still not redirects, then please give EXACT 2 URLs which you tested - give it as texts. So we will be able to check it and work on it.

IF solved - please give those slow queries logs which you was writing about - we will look on this.

cevo
17-12-10, 03:04
I have never update vBSEO since installed the VB.
Right now the problem is still persist and seems like I cause two big problems
1. VERY HIGHT CPU LOAD @ mysql
2. TONS of duplicated title tag (last time about 10k now 40k ) >_<

mateuszr
17-12-10, 13:58
1. You've got more traffic, more posts, threads, and 52 times more content, if you have all languages enabled.
Here (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html) you can find several hints to improve performance. We strongly advise to read this.
Another solution is to limit supported languages to these most useful until the cache will fill, then add next languages over time.
What is more, you can try 'guest cache' which relieves mysql from queries, thus makes you CPU less loaded.

2. as from the last post:
If it is not - and you will see that it really still not redirects, then please give EXACT 2 URLs which you tested - give it as texts. So we will be able to check it and work on it.Please give EXACT 2 URLs which you tested..

vBET
18-12-10, 09:59
I have never update vBSEO since installed the VB.
Right now the problem is still persist and seems like I cause two big problems
1. VERY HIGHT CPU LOAD @ mysql
2. TONS of duplicated title tag (last time about 10k now 40k ) >_<

Once again - please give exact information.
1. Please give slow logs queries which you was writing about.
2. Please give some examples of exact URLs which have duplicated titles (as text not images).

We will verify it and work on it.

mateuszr
30-12-10, 08:40
no reply in this thread for a long time - marked as solved for now.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Translations supported by vBET 4.10.1