PDA

View Full Version : Vbet with large forums Systems ? What do you say?

dacho
02-11-10, 11:07
I would like to consult with you about large boards with a combination of Vbet
My system run for long time and works pretty good.... therefore I have to destroy fears

I have about 350 000 topics and about 2 million comments
My database is quite large and with Vbet He probably will grow more
Data Usage 3.66 GB
Index Usage 1.45 GB

Do you think the system of this size could relate well with Vbet?
What happens to the system as its data base will grow significantly with Vbet?
Is my system will become heavy and slow?

Michael, in your sites list .... (That they work with a Vbet) -
First update the list, most of them Vbet not exist
Secondly I have not seen in a large forum list (my scale or more) to make a comparison

Sorry for my fears :confused:
I just do not want to make a mistake

vBET
02-11-10, 13:12
Hello :)

First of all - you do not have to apologize for anything. We are here to help you :)

About our customers list - we will recheck it and update. Please note that this list base on information given by customers - sometimes you have to click in forum link being on customer's portal. We will check all links again - it will be done till end of next week.

Of course your database will grow when you use vBET. Still please note that it will not influence your normal pages generation (not translated), because vBET uses its own tables for cache - do not add data to vBulletin tables (only user default language in user table, but this is very small amount of data). We do not separate forums on list by its size - you can check it and make your own size comparison.

Please note that vBET is very configurable. If you have lagre forum and you are afraid about performance please start with only 2 languages - your original and some other. Then you can monitor four forum performance and add new languages from time to time. vBET supports 52 languages (in next release we will add more) and you can choose which you want to have on your forum. Some of our clients are not interested in having all possible, some of our clients limits it for performance, some of our clients use all languages.

Also we have guest cache which will take large amount of your hard drive space, but will allow to give immediate responses without any database queries for generation - it is because for guests vBET can cache full responses as static files.

So we have lot of performance improvements. I suggest to see our performance hints for more details:
http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html

Please note that simple comparison of number of posts and users on other forums will not give you enough of information - you will not see most important information - how big are resources for this forum. I mean number and power of CPU, amount of memory, also important can be specific configuration of Apache, MySQL, vBulletin. One thing is hardware, 2nd is tuning of software for better performance.

So the best way to check how it will behave on your own forum is to install it there. As I wrote for safety you can start with only 2 languages, and from time to time (when cache will fulfill) you can add new languages.

I think that your system can relate well with vBET - I cannot tell you does it will handle well all languages - it doesn’t depend only on forum size but also on resources. But definitively I can tell you that I'm sure that vBET will work well on your forum and amount of languages which your actual hardware will be able to handle is something to check.

scottct1
06-12-10, 19:13
I will let you know the answer to this in a few weeks.

I just paid to have this installed on my site which is America's Largest satellite technology discussion forum with over 160,000 members and almost 3 million posts.

I have my fingers crossed that it will work and work well. :)

kamilkurczak
07-12-10, 17:23
so we are waiting for information from you :)

dacho
11-01-11, 13:04
Currently it gives me a lot of server problems, I turn slowly more and more translations translation system finishes all the server resources and I'm constantly at war against each other

kamilkurczak
12-01-11, 10:50
The small number of active languages for the time is a good one. (good hint)
When cache for active language will be full - try to disable the next languages (one by one).

We are looking for more optimizations all the time

wowglider.de
16-01-11, 05:09
I will let you know the answer to this in a few weeks.

I just paid to have this installed on my site which is America's Largest satellite technology discussion forum with over 160,000 members and almost 3 million posts.

I have my fingers crossed that it will work and work well. :)

I "only" have about 50k members, but they are very active sometimes, so i have sometimes about 600ppl at the same time on. On google i have about 1mio pages indexed and i can say vbet is doing well

dacho
25-02-11, 01:44
I just hope down the road will be improved for large systems, I closed the translation system completely, my dedicated server can not handle it

vBET
26-02-11, 12:41
I just hope down the road will be improved for large systems, I closed the translation system completely, my dedicated server can not handle it

If you have performance issues please open new thread in troubleshooting section and our staff will give you hints. You can also read performance hints here: http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com/forum/vbet4-general-discussions/408-vbet-performance.html
Most important - if your server is not able to handle all translations at once then just turn off some of translations. Start with few and if you want more then add it one by one from time to time. Please note that most time is spend waiting for Google translation response, after that vBET caches results and next translation is much, much faster.
Also vBET has guest cache which makes for cached page generation for guests even faster that clean vBulletin does it! Of course for cached page.
So we encourage you to use our hints and enjoy vBET :)

vBET
27-02-11, 21:37
It can be great news for big forums - in next release we are planning to support in vBET memory cache (for engines: Memcache, APC, eAccelerator and XCache) :)

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChineseCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTaiwaneseThaiTurkishUkrainianVietnameseWelshYiddish
Thanks to vBET 4.10.1 enjoy automatic translations